The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Me either. She sounds like fingernails on a chalk board, and I thought she absolutely got blown off the stage by the pudgy little garage band brothers.

And now for something completely different.

Here I am, being treated by some of the top doctors in the country, and no one wants to take the responsibility for my pain management long enough to wean me off all the meds I've been on for several years and get me on...you know...NORMAL medications. So now, I have one dose of pain meds left. What REALLY makes that awesome is that no one bothered to follow through on the TEN calls I made in the last two days with the result that I was not aware they'd be doing this to me until this morning. So now I am headed to my family doctor on FRIDAY (yes, that's two days of withdrawal) unless I get popped in the hospital first.

Lovely.

I hate doctors.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FINISHED. All 150 sample booklets for But I Never Said I Didn't Love You have been trimmed, folded, and stapled. In time to be shipped out for RTCon.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Benny: Yay! *offers a shiny badge of accomplishment to you*

Celina: Oy, oy, oy. I guess that required these doctors to actually listen to their patient.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be getting there Tuesday afternoon but I'll probably be meeting up with a friend of mine. I'm planning on sticking around the hotel, anyway, considering the history this friend and I have with exploring Chicago (MORAL OF THE STORY: unless you go to a bar, you'll never find an open restroom at 2:30 in the morning in downtown Chicago THE END).

Sad, but very true. Chicago is bad that way, unfortunately.

As far as The Voice, I only watch for Adam Levine. He's a bit full of himself, but he sure is purdy.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's purdy and can sing his socks off. He gets to be a bit cocky. Actually, all the mentors can really, truly sing which makes this a better show than some other reality singing shows which I won't mention.

Have so much fun, Benny and Bub. Iz extremely jaloous here.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
He's very purdy. I saw Maroon 5 in concert several years ago and he is as good live as on the recordings.

I'll miss you at RT. :( I'll try to provide updates.

I painted my toenails silver for RT. Maybe dark blue glitter for my manicure?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I like Adam for totally different reasons. I think he's funny for one, and for two my hubby looks a lot like him.

I am SO peeved that I'm not going to beat RT like I was supposed to be, damnit. Oh well. I expect GOSSIP, kids. Lots and lots of gossip.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Reviewing my galley and HATING the little mistakes I can't fix because it's too late. Arrrrrrrgggggghhhh.....

I know, time to shoot the author and get the thing released.

:dives back into proofreading:

ETA: And I apparently still haven't figured out the finer points of verb tense. Is this what they mean by the more you learn, the more you think you suck? I feel like I'm going backwards here.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Bub--

If you are seeing serious errors in your galley, make a note of them. If you are seeing things you'd RATHER change, but don't NEED to change, well--the galley isn't the place to do that. But, file the info away for next time.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I made triple chocolate cookies. Chewy chocolate cookies with dark chocolate and white chocolate bits. Nom!

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
NOM!!!!

Thanks for the tip, Cel. That just made a few decisions much easier.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's very purdy. I saw Maroon 5 in concert several years ago and he is as good live as on the recordings.

I'll miss you at RT. :( I'll try to provide updates.

I painted my toenails silver for RT. Maybe dark blue glitter for my manicure?

You know, I like Adam for totally different reasons. I think he's funny for one, and for two my hubby looks a lot like him.

I am SO peeved that I'm not going to beat RT like I was supposed to be, damnit. Oh well. I expect GOSSIP, kids. Lots and lots of gossip.
I'll be bringing my MacBook since the hotel has weefee and I refuse to rely completely on my Blackberry for intarwebz.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Iz here. The bar has a fireplace with nearby seats facing the elevator bank. Good spot to park in the evenings?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hell yes. Absolutely. That's a natural draw point for people coming in and out of where the business of the convention is taking place--the convention bar.

Also, if you make yourself a visible entity in that area from the beginning, people will expect to see you there and meet up with you at different points of the convention.

ALSO--whatever you do, if either of you signed up for pitch sessions, MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE LADY THAT RUNS THE PITCH SESSIONS. She's very nice and gets nothing but punishment from the beyotches demanding things from her at the RT I went to. In fact, in exchange for talking with her in smoking and sitting at her little desk when she went to the potty, I managed to gain 14 pitch sessions instead of the measly 2 you're allowed to have.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I have nothing to pitch this year, but I'll definitely keep that tip in mind for future conferences.

The elevators here are a bit weird because there are four of them arranged in a square, all facing each other, but with glass all around so you can see the lobby and the bar and restaurant as you descend. There are additional seating areas closer to the elevators, but they're not in the bar and I don't think they're as visible. I still think the fireplace at the front of the bar is the best bet because it's so noticeable.

Maybe I'll wear my screaming red sheath dress on Wednesday night too.

Last edited: