• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Janklow & Nesbit Associates

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Kranky Crow!

I queried Ms. Just on 9/28 and got a full request on 9/29. I sent it the next day, but haven't heard back yet. Still have my fingers crossed, but they are itching to nudge.

The_Kranky_Crow

Skin so thick, I'm almost a lizard.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ooh! I'll bet they're itching! Fingers crossed for you, Sheila JG. It's such an amazing agency, I'm over the moon to even have a request. Keep us posted!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I queried Ms. Just on 9/17/11 and figured she was "no/no," but lo and behold! I received a full request on my contemporary YA today (11/22/11).

Great to hear! What a great pre-Thanksgiving gift. So, since I queried them about 2 weeks after you, maybe I'll get something right before Christmas...

Congrats again,
Bryan

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
I think something is wonky with the site right now. I was poking around in it just a week or two ago, and there was something on the home page to click to get past it. (Sorry, I don't remember what it was; it might've been that you click anywhere but in that vertical strip of white.) I noticed just now that my browser keeps churning in the 'transferring data' stage and never reaches 'done', so my guess is that something is wrong with the home page.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Alexandra Machinist on Nov. 13. Haven't heard anything yet but I'll update with news when I get it. Fingers crossed!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Stella! Those are some impressive stats. Still no response from Alexandra on my query from 9/30. I am in the process of revising my query thanks to some advice I've gotten from some AW posters. Want to finish those edits here in the next couple of days so I can get several more queries made before we get too close to the holidays.
Bryan

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Stella! Those are some impressive stats. Still no response from Alexandra on my query from 9/30. I am in the process of revising my query thanks to some advice I've gotten from some AW posters. Want to finish those edits here in the next couple of days so I can get several more queries made before we get too close to the holidays.
Bryan

Thanks Bryan! Good luck with your query to Alexandra, too! I hope the next month or so is not too quiet because of the holidays, but other posters on the forums have advised that most agents keep reading queries over the holidays, so good news can still come in the next few weeks.

I saw upthread that you're querying historical fiction, which is my novel's genre, too. Yay history buffs! :)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Here are my stats for my query to Alexandra Machinist for those who have queried her:

Query sent: 10/8
Request for partial: 10/10
Rejection: 11/29

It was a very nice rejection letter. She said there were things she loved but that she didn't feel swept away by it.

Good luck all of you with partials out!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Bryan! Good luck with your query to Alexandra, too! I hope the next month or so is not too quiet because of the holidays, but other posters on the forums have advised that most agents keep reading queries over the holidays, so good news can still come in the next few weeks.

I saw upthread that you're querying historical fiction, which is my novel's genre, too. Yay history buffs! :)

Gotta keep history alive! So what period is your book set in? Mine's 1923 Illinois.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta keep history alive! So what period is your book set in? Mine's 1923 Illinois.

Mine is set in the 1890s in Oregon and Idaho. It was really fun to research because so many towns have great museums and memorabilia collections that date back to that time and before. My current project is set in Chile in 1818, so it's a whole different beast in terms of research -- but still good. If you love history, getting to read up on it is part of the fun. :)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
So, I nudged Ms. Just. I couldn't help myself. She hadn't confirmed receipt, so I said I was just checking in to make sure she got it, and to see if they were still considering.

She responded right away that they had got it, and that while it was a fun idea, that unless a work really comes together just right, it's hard to go forward with it. Oh, well. She seems like a really nice lady.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
So, I nudged Ms. Just. I couldn't help myself. She hadn't confirmed receipt, so I said I was just checking in to make sure she got it, and to see if they were still considering.

She responded right away that they had got it, and that while it was a fun idea, that unless a work really comes together just right, it's hard to go forward with it. Oh, well. She seems like a really nice lady.

If nothing else you have some closure. My query to Alexandra is the second longest I have out there right now (query sent Sept. 30). Not giving up hope though!
Bryan

The_Kranky_Crow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Sorry to hear that, Sheila. No giving up! Still waiting to hear about my full over here.

The_Kranky_Crow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Received my form rejection on my full today.

Timeframe:
EQ: Sept '11
Full Req: 11/23/11 (sent same day)
R: 1/9/12

Oh well. Already have my latest work out on a full and hopeful for more from other queried agents. :)

Good luck all!

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
Got ER on my full from Julie Just today 1/9/11.

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Hey everyone! I'm new to AW, and I just wanted to try and get in on the conversation if that's okay (even though it kind of died)
smile.gif

I queried Ms. Machinist on February 26th, 2012, and I'm still waiting for a response.
Fingers crossed that I hear (hopefully good news) from her soon.
smile.gif

writer123

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm also waiting on a response from Ms. Machinist for my query that was sent about a month ago. Does anyone have any updates on theirs? Does anyone know if she's a no response means not interested agent?

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know Alexandra's still a "no response means no" agent. She's crazy busy right now (she's my agent), so a month might not be a long wait if you're in her pile.

Good luck. :)

writer123

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, thanks everyone. Does she talk about the progress of her query pile on her Twitter?

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I follow her on Twitter and I don't think I've noticed her making those kind of updates, but I could be wrong.