is there a speech writing category?

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
Just wondering. I saw the script writing category, but not sure if speeches are similar... if anyone has tips for "boring corporate" scripts (2-4 mins) please let me know.

I've been in Toastmasters and writing my own stuff there, but am wondering how to apply that knowledge to getting our professional writing staff to actually write for speaking (Instead of writing to appease our legal department!). And, if anyone has professional training doing this, their tips here would be great.

Thanks in advance!

MookyMcD

I go to eleven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
I've got an extensive background in that area and I'd be happy to answer any questions you've got, but I'm not entirely sure what your questions are. Feel free to e-mail me if they're extensive.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Good speechwriters are worth their weight in platinum, but I wish to God politicians weren't allowed to use them.

Deleted member 42

Just wondering. I saw the script writing category, but not sure if speeches are similar... if anyone has tips for "boring corporate" scripts (2-4 mins) please let me know.

I've been in Toastmasters and writing my own stuff there, but am wondering how to apply that knowledge to getting our professional writing staff to actually write for speaking (Instead of writing to appease our legal department!). And, if anyone has professional training doing this, their tips here would be great.

Thanks in advance!

There's Public Speaking and Education; I'm about to move this thread there.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle while in motion.

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Maybe find some articles or stories regarding your topic that may be able to help you grasp a better idea

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I don't write speeches, but present frequently. I've stopped using notes at this point. I know my stuff, and just get up there as myself. People seem to appreciate it, and, oddly, appreciate my humor.