Check In- What Are You Doing?

KJ Palmer

Charity Kase the Orphan Pirate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
Drinking spiced rum in hopes that it will inspire me with ideas to get back to my pirate fiction novel. So far all it has done is made me giddy and goof off....

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
I have pancake batter leftovers in the fridge, and I need to use them today...but I'm just so lazy this morning, I'm not sure I can be bothered to go with pancakes for breakfast. Toast is so much easier...

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Coffee. I'm doing coffee, hoping it will wake me up so I can do something constructive, like work on my book.

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Also drinking coffee. I woke up feeling unreasonably hostile this morning and I have no idea why this is the case, but I need to get over it already and get some stuff done. Like, oh yeah, writing.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Plotting my revenge against my boss who fired me over questioning the math skills of a coworker he brown-noses to get cheap soccer game tickets. He shouldn't have told me he hated the company owner, calling him a "midget crock of shit". Because, well, I kinda have the man's number. And he's eager to talk to me.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eating toast and humus, listening for the cats downstairs so I can intervene if there's a dustup, and feeling grateful that that's the extent of the drama in my life at the moment. :)

Amy Writes

Aim for tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
1. Ignoring my query for 24 hours.
2. Finishing the first draft of a short story.
3. Sitting in the warmth, trying to kick this darn cough that has been haunting me for two weeks.
4. Wishing I had chick peas in the house so I could eat toast and hummus like Kylabelle.

dreamergirl

Registered
Reaction score
Finishing the last bit of a large vanilla almond milk latte with an extra shot, and watching the mourning doves eat from my feeder, and wondering why the heck did I order an extra shot for my latte?? I didn't realize that would add up to FOUR shots. To avoid heart attack I'm still sipping it three hours after buying it...

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Watching it snow.

Wrote good chunk of a chapter today on my phone while I was supposed to be fitting a new kitchen, but back ache put a stop to that.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from my (across the street) neighbor's house where a flock of sheriffs just flew away after pecking around there since 5:00 a.m.

That needs a comma or two, doesn't it?

Back to the coffee now.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we muchly enjoy being the type of parents we wish we'd had, which may not be the same as what our kids especially want. Oh well. :)

Last edited:

Sumi Long

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to edit my novel but I'm on here and watching youtube videos instead.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Picking on my husband because it's more fun than my boring to-do list. Maybe I should put picking on him on my to-do list. Hmmm... :p

Last edited:

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Picking on my husband because it's more fun than my boring to-do list. Maybe I should put picking on him on my to-do list. Hmmm... :p

Excellent idea! I love crossing things off to-do lists. :D

I'm trying to look busy at work but really just catching up on AW.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to get my husband to put socks on my feet. They're cold but I just painted my fingernails. Uh, that's all I got.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
The day after my neighbor had the police at her house, it was our turn. Some #@&/^ dirty *#@?&! stole my husband's most prized (after me and the kids) possession. It was a sad effing day around here.

I think we muchly enjoy being the type of parents we wish we'd had, which may not be the same as what our kids especially want. Oh well. :)
I am available for adoption.

Trying to get my husband to put socks on my feet. They're cold but I just painted my fingernails. Uh, that's all I got.
Would you be jealous if I told you that my husband gives me a foot rub every night? Yep, every night. :)

sf.writer.mdk

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alienustempusmemoir.blogspot.com
The fan in my apartment heater malfunctioned this afternoon. There was a winter storm today. I'm waiting till the morning to call maintenance to check it. I'm warm natured and luckily the electric is still on so I've got the stove when I must. Lol.

Coffee, tea, and AW!

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
OMG I'm so excited! I was so depressed in this windowless apartment, and now that I lost my beloved job even more so.. Needed to get out, but everything was too expensive or too boring. Now turns out I can keep it under $150 to go see a concert by my new favorite singer, Aziz Maraka, in Jordan in 2 weeks :hooray: OMG adventure!