Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've already said how much a I hate portmanteau and now I heard another one that makes me want to poke the person saying with a really sharp stick.
Glamping-glamour camping
Talk about being a pretentious asshat. Head's up-you're campimg, you do not need 4 flatscreen tvs and granite counter tops. GO pee behind a tree.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
The word 'conversation,' as in "We can have a national conversation about (whatever) or other misuse. these are not conversations. They are just people yelling at each other. There has to be a back and forth and it has to be civil. Otherwise, it's NOT A CONVERSATION.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Glamping-glamour camping

Ugh. Awful-sounding combined words. I hadn't heard "glamping" before, but it definitely fits into this category. Camping is fun. Glamour sounds glamourous. "Glamping" sounds like a word to describe the situation where a guy snags his dong in his zipper.

"Smizing" (Smiling with your eyes) is another combo-word that makes me cringe. It just sounds unpleasant.

Ashleythewriter77

Ashley
Registered
Reaction score
I am personally tired of all the "I can't even" kind of stuff. It was cute the first few times, but now I'm over it. Let's move on.

Related, sort of, but the basic white girl stuff. I especially get annoyed when people say, "I'm so basic right now," to refer to themselves as a basic white girl in shorthand. Ugh.

Tailcoat

Hugger of Kittens
Registered
Reaction score
"Hack" needs to die unless it involves an axe or messing up computers.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I guess this would go along with "baby bump" : People posing for pictures with their hands on someone's stomach (which in that later months usually looks more like an over-inflated basketball than a bump). When I was pregnant, the only one I wanted to touch my stomach was my husband. Otherwise, hands off!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread to announce how very much I detest "vac" (meaning "vacation").

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Socialize". As in, "We must socialize this decision." :Headbang:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I think this was said before, but I heard a celebrity (and I use that term loosely), repeatedly say, "It made me cray-cray!" and "That makes me cray-cray!" She wasn't talking about our beloved dead battery here on AW.

So--I need a vacay to not go cray-cray with all the celebs going totes overboard with all their cray-cray verbiage.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am weary beyond belief of the phrase "it is what it is."

"Gosh, it's terrible you found your wife in bed with the gardener and he was seeding her lawn, and you found a strange growth on your left testicle, and your car was repossessed and your son moved from a meth habit to a heroin habit and they cancelled your favorite TV show, but what can you say? It is what it is."

Does that even mean anything? WHAT IS IT? :Shrug:

Last edited:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
When someone refers to Target -- one of my all-time favorite stores, by the way -- as "Tar-zhay", saying it in a faux French accent.

I usually get annoyed whenever someone says Tar-zhay, but lately I've become resigned to it. I just grin and bear it, and silently tell myself, "C'est la vie".

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
When someone refers to Target -- one of my all-time favorite stores, by the way -- as "Tar-zhay", saying it in a faux French accent.

I usually get annoyed whenever someone says Tar-zhay, but lately I've become resigned to it. I just grin and bear it, and silently tell myself, "C'est la vie".

Yeah, what can you say, really? It is what it is.

Just kidding! Just kidding! :chair (I hate that expression, too.)

The Tar-zhay thing I found mildly amusing the very first time I heard it -- and then it got annoying as hell. The same is true for a great many of the expressions on these pages, IMO.

Last edited:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The Tar-zhay thing I found mildly amusing the very first time I heard it -- and then it got annoying as hell. The same is true for a great many of the expressions on these pages, IMO.

Oui, oui! :hat:

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
Baby bump is okay isn't it? Except when used in a greetings card.

Love from... and baby bump...xxX

Reminds me of baby dance. A phrase I have mixed feelings about.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Baby bump is okay isn't it? Except when used in a greetings card.

Love from... and baby bump...xxX

Reminds me of baby dance. A phrase I have mixed feelings about.

NO! No, baby bump is not ok! It makes my top five! No. More. BABY BUMP! Ever! :mob: