Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone who has posted photos. This thread just keeps getting better. :)

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Wee camera can't resolve Mars and Venus in this light, but I like the photo anyway

10998648_10153023546240236_6296783547065657490_n.jpg

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Very cool!!! I love the way the clouds and miss play with the light :)

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
This guy was on my fence not long ago:

And these two were in the trees on a snow day:​
And I played with some close-up shots with a bouquet of tulips​
And as much as I want winter gone, even ice can be pretty​

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful photo, willie. That would make an awesome book cover. You should totally write a whole novel to go with it! :D

pk, I love to see people take the time to capture images of the wildlife that surrounds them. I'm sure Silver King would appreciate that as well. I especially like the tulip close-up, which is something I do myself... instead of getting a shot of the whole flower, I love how you zoomed in on the intricate details that we usually miss. It's also cool how you captured the little bird with a tuft of fluff in its beak.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful photo, willie. That would make an awesome book cover. You should totally write a whole novel to go with it! :D

Ooh! Yes it would!

pk, I love to see people take the time to capture images of the wildlife that surrounds them. I'm sure Silver King would appreciate that as well. I especially like the tulip close-up, which is something I do myself... instead of getting a shot of the whole flower, I love how you zoomed in on the intricate details that we usually miss. It's also cool how you captured the little bird with a tuft of fluff in its beak.

Still miss Silver King. :( (Whatever happened to him? Last I heard he was taking a little break from AW - that's been over a year.)

I love the details and the surprises. :D Like that tuft of fluff - couldn't tell on my camera how good that came out. My favorite surprise (so far) was the magnolia; always thought of it as solid white but was surprised to discover the center of one after fertilization is fuschia.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
...Still miss Silver King. :( (Whatever happened to him? Last I heard he was taking a little break from AW - that's been over a year.)

Yeah, I'm surprised he hasn't been back. Maybe real life is busy. It happens. But he hasn't been here in a long time, like you said. :(

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Greendragon, those photos are amazing. Thanks for posting them.

I miss Silver King too. I'm glad others have kept this thread going.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! Thanks. I had no idea exactly what kind of bird it was and didn't want to call it a blue bird in case it was something else. :D

I get lots of jays, a few cardinals and mourning doves, and a variety of other little guys that I don't know.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
PD, did your bobcat move on?

MM

I saw it last week, but not since then. I actually haven't been out in the front yard for very long lately. So he might be there, just not when I am. -shrug-