Reaction score
Yay group hug night in purgy!:) *HUGS*

And aw, right back at you, Dawn.:)

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, for random hugs, I choose Leanan-Sidhe!

*pounce*

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Amarie, the green pieces are cherries candied with mint.

The Caleb, it's an idea I started messing with when I saw someone drinking a coke-and-rum made with Diet Mt. Dew instead of Coke and wondered (as we all do, I'm sure) how fruitcake fruit would taste if I macerated it in that instead of just rum. The drop of peppermint came when I was eating a candy cane and drinking a Dt. Dew at the same time and found the combo intriguing. So far, it seems to go over well.

ETA: I like fruitcake with whipped cream, too. :)

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
KT - thank you for your help. MC emailed me back & is going to have it reviewed & said perhaps they were too zealous in applying the erotic label. May not change things, but I'm impressed with his level of dedication to his company.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Friday's rep saver special:

I accepted a contract to publish my adult thriller, The Center Point. I submitted it on my own but the agent reviewed the contract and liked what she saw, especially the 62.5% royalty rate on gross.

The publisher is Writers AMuse Me Publishing and they release books in both hardcopy (POD) and ebook. The author list includes several AW folks, including Stew21, regdog, shakey6 and a few others. None of them had a bad thing to say about WAMM. The thread in the Bewares forum takes some unusual turns, but WAMM get the typical small press treatment and comes out okay.

It was not an easy decision because I have been scorched by smallish presses in the past. Those events are long buried in The Pit, but not forgotten. I really don't want to trunk this story, so I'll give these folks a shot.

I know I'll have to do a bunch of social network legwork, but who around here doesn't? It just comes with the territory, circa 2012/2013.

The Center Point is the only non-MG book I've written and I'm glad it's going "out there." This way we can focus on finding a home for three of my stories currently on sub (I must drive the agents bonkers) and my WIP.

Thanks for all your support!

Long.

Strange.

Trip.

The Center Point arrives Fall 2013.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
WHOO HOO VANDAL!!! Congrats!:)

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
I love fruitcake. Dark is best.

Awesome, Vandal. :snoopy: You are the energizer bunny of submissives submitters.

Dawn, everything I've read about MC has impressed me. When PayP@l was all "We won't take money for any books containing teh sexy" he was all "Hold on, authors. Stop with the gnashing of teeth and renting of clothes. Let me see what I can do for you."

/weird-mood post

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Wahey, Vandal!!!!

Wow, Blond..Aunty Blond! How wonderful! That's brilliant.

Mt Dew in fruitcake? peppermint? I'd try that.
I love fruitcake, but I'm married to a northern Lad who taught me that the best way to eat a piece of fruitcake is to have it with a portion of Wensleydale cheese. I have bought our fruitcake and the cheese is in the fridge. Roll on Christmas. :D

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, for random hugs, I choose Leanan-Sidhe!

*pounce*

Random hugs??? Am I too late????

WooHoo Vandal!

Good on you Dawn for standing your ground. Hope they come to their senses!!!

ETA: and do I see a new smexy cover on Fire's avi? *drools*

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!

I have a signing tomorrow for Warri0rs and as of this morning book 1 (Imm0rtal B3ginnings) is FREE on K1ndle...if anyone hasn't downloaded their copy yet... or wants to tell anyone about it...here's the LINKY

Pub is hoping by having book 1 free this weekend, sales for Book 2 will skyrocket( many thanks to a certain Purgie who suggested this :D )... Not sure it it will work, but hey, I'll try just about anything to sell my books...(even if I have to give one away for someone to buy the other one lol)

Well, gonna double check my stuff for tomorrow and then get the kiddos up for school!

Last edited:

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Vandal!!!

Good luck tomorrow , Niyrak!

I slept terribly. One of those days where you wake up more exhausted than when you went to bed.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray Vandal!!! Yay for a contract. Those terms can't be beat.

(((Dawn))) But promising email exchange. MC also knows you could milk this for a lot of anti SW controversy and A sales

Yay Niy! I hope you get a ton of downloads which leads to great sales for Book 2. And have fun at the signing! I still haven't done one. I'm planning to try more local stuff like that in phase 2 of my haphazard marketing plan (I got some secret good news on phase 1 of my haphazard marketing plan. It's a little Rat Rool for my book that has been released but I can't rep it yet).

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
H0bbit - Saw the ETX high-frame-rate 3D. Did not include the 9-min Trek clip. Looks like that's only with IMAX. Did get swag, though. Movie was really good.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Niy, I tweeted about Book 1 and Book 2! Good luck!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
We're flying to Disneyland tomorrow (for ONE DAY - birthday celebration for a good friend) and my husband is determined that we should see the Hobbit tomorrow night. I'm like, er... you really think it's not gonna be sold out? We'll see.

Jo, I live in the D-land area - you have an AMC at D0wntown D1sney, and an AMC at The Bl0ck just a couple miles a way. Midnight shows weren't sold out at the Bl0ck. There's also C3ntury Theaters straight down K@tella on the other side of the 57Fwy. Lots of options.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
WOOOT Random hugs!!!

OMG YAYAYAYAYAYYA VANDAL!! That's awesome :)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Vandal! :snoopy:

Dawn - That's awesome that he seems open to discussion!

Remind me to tell you all about the peach dessert enchilada recipe I have that involves Mt. Dew. (Later, when I'm more awake)

Mornin' folk!

I'm off work today, but up because I had to take kiddo to daycare at the usual time. Trying to decide if I want to go get my oil changed now, with the early crowd, or go back to bed for a while and do it later. (Secret answer: It'll be later)

Had a vent to hubby last night that I don't think I'll ever be able to make writing my full-time career. He insists we all need to get together and make Purgatory Press.

Tas, crawling back into bed

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

YAY, Vandal!

I'm awake, and still not sleeping well. Oh well, cashews it is. Maybe I can repeat yesterday's performance.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Ok- all of this Mt. Dew and food talk is killing me. I'm on continuous drool.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Had a vent to hubby last night that I don't think I'll ever be able to make writing my full-time career. He insists we all need to get together and make Purgatory Press.

I've actually thought about this. The hardest part would be getting someone or a group of someones who would be the ones to make the final decision on whether or not something is ready to be published, or if it needed more work. I still am not the best judge of when some of my own work is ready, which is why I've gone ahead and self-pubbed a few things I then took back down and revised. Some things I know, others could use an impartial eye.

I know other authors are forming what are essentially cooperatives, where people commit to a certain amount of time in whatever area they are strongest. I like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.