Registered
Reaction score
... Green Beer?

Yuck! :tongue

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
It's not yet spring, but I am really freaking ready for spring.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Let's start with the 8 inches of snow I just spent two hours shoveling out of my driveway (yes, it is a big driveway)...only to have it start snowing heavily again while I was drinking my celebratory hot chocolate.

Grrr. No, wait: grrrrrrrrr.

SamKraft

Registered
Reaction score
The slush. I hate slush. I welcome the warm weather, but soon the bottoms of my pants will needed to be rolled up to my knees to avoid the stuff.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't hate anything about March except that it's not April. Getting there, though! :)

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
The cold. And the ice.

Also, the not summer.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate more things!

Marching is a thing I hate. Also the not spring part.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
Well the fact that Spring is still far away judging by all the snow outside. But then again, where I live, we don't generally have nice Springs. Like I said before, where I live, Springs are nasty, brutish, and short or in other words, wet, cold, and full of tornado warnings. Generally things don't improve until end of April/beginning of May. And by the end of May, Summer has set in complete with ungodly heat and ungodly humidity.

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
The extreme temperature changes day to day. 50 one day, 29 the next.

For me, March is the longest month of the year. This year, March will be over 4 weeks long. Ugh.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
That it means we've already been through two months in the year.

Bryan Methods

Registered
Reaction score
I like March! But for some reason it seems to get harder to meet up with friends. People have spent all their money having fun in February and March seems to be frugal...

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You keep thinking it's going to get warm and nice AND IT NEVER DOES!

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
I hate hot weather. I hate the sun. I hate these things with an unhealthy passion. I am the type of person that is angry at God when I walk outside and there's not a cloud in the sky. I hate daylight savings time. It's 8:00 PM and it's still light outside. This is unnatural. Mankind was not meant to live like this. It will be a new day in four hours; why do I still have perfect visual clarity? My idea of heaven is a place that is cold and dark, where life struggles to flourish.

I hate the rain during the warm months, for that brings out the lizards and frogs and snakes and all other scaly things that bite and sting and move in unpredictable patterns with unnerving speed. They try to get into your house by any means possible and spring upon you when you least expect it. I hate mosquitoes, the disease-carrying filth that they are, and I hate yard work more than I hate the idea that one day I will die and there's nothing I can do about it.

March is the harbinger of all these things, so I hate March. Only two good things happen in March: my brother's birthday and my anniversary. I don't even like St. Patrick's Day, seeing that I'm a Sensible Adult and my friends don't want to hang out with me anymore, it would seem, so partying for St. Patrick's Day isn't an option. That, and when you work for public education, showing up for work with a hangover is a bit frowned upon.

So, yes, for the overwhelming majority, March can go straight into the darkest corner of Hell, that place that even the Devil fears to tread, and rot until the end of all things.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
^ OK, Dude...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Either way, awesome response - Thanks. (I think) :D

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
The extreme temperature changes day to day. 50 one day, 29 the next.

That's pretty much why Spring is my least favorite season of the year. Both March and to a lesser extent, April, have an identity crisis. Neither can decide if they want to be hot or cold! My mindset is similar to that of the writer of Revelation 3:15, which is pick a side and play. I just looked at my weather app on my phone and tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the sixties, yet the next day it's in the thirties and there's a chance of snow. Like I said before, one or the other, March!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I got too hot today with my coat on and too cold with it off. The second I put that one away, we'll get more snow, though.

I still think I like March better than February. Feb is when I get too sick of winter. March can have warm days :)

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
That's pretty much why Spring is my least favorite season of the year. Both March and to a lesser extent, April, have an identity crisis. Neither can decide if they want to be hot or cold! My mindset is similar to that of the writer of Revelation 3:15, which is pick a side and play. I just looked at my weather app on my phone and tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the sixties, yet the next day it's in the thirties and there's a chance of snow. Like I said before, one or the other, March!

Identity crisis is right.

Let's see, we have sleet and snow later today, snow the next day, then bam, 29 degrees. In other news, weather channel says there's 1,600 miles of snow stretching across the states.

Be careful with the ice, that's the worst part of all this.

Syrup

Real Life Magical Girl
Registered
Reaction score
At least it's getting closer to being warm, right?

Oh wait no, it's supposed to snow again this week. >_>

Fitch

Registered
Reaction score
It's clearly a minority held view but, truthfully, I can't find it in me to hate a month. It's an arbitrarily named period of time that recurs in synch with the orbit of the earth. Might as well shout at the rain. Weather is location dependent. One can always move to where the weather is more acceptable if that is the governing circumstance.

One thing that happens in March, which is a completely human caused event, is the "spring forward" time change. I'd be just fine with staying on daylight time year around.

My engineering gene made me do it.

Fitch

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I love many things about March, but it's also the leadup to Easter, and that, for me, means a lot of work. A lot a lot. *whimper*