Favorite Lines of the Day

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 3:

“Anyway, what are your personal beliefs?” Selene asked.

“I'm a Shintoist, but there isn't exactly any room for faith when you've walked with Amaterasu and had sex with Kisshōten.”

Selene was surprised and, unsure of how to react, made an awkward face. “Uuuhhh...”

KokkieH

Making this up as I go along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kokkieh.blog
I'm rather fond of this one that happened yesterday:

I’m your one chance to make things right with the Guild. After me they’ll send the sentinels, and while your fireball was certainly impressive you don’t stand a fairy’s chance in a blacksmith’s workshop against them.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
No stand out lines, but I guess this is my favorite of the day:

Annika hesitated, yet she knew she could not allow doubt to form about her dedication. “My teacher expects me to sing the anthem this evening. I prefer not to disappoint her. If we leave now, please advise her that she requires another singer for the ceremony.”[/quote

Last edited:

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
Possibly should put a content warning for this one. My MC is helping his good lady with her feminine beauty regime ;)

“I said don’t move,” he murmured, his breath warm on her wet breast. It took all her effort not to arch forward and let his mouth claim her nipple, push herself onto his hand. But then his hand was gone, replaced by the cold kiss of the razor. She kept her eyes closed, hearing only the rasp of the blade against her coarse hair, feeling only the cold air hitting her heated flesh as the blade stroked its covering away. And his hands, gentle but confident. Not once did they falter, and not once did the blade nick her skin.

“You’ve done this before.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Alli B.

Registered
Reaction score
Possibly should put a content warning for this one. My MC is helping his good lady with her feminine beauty regime ;)

:whip: That was a fun read. Even though I admit to being a sucker for steamy romances, that was a captivating piece.

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
A favourite from my early-morning session:

Fish and chips! Jackie didn’t want to risk any doctors or nurses taking it away (mumbling something about being awfully sorry but we have rules in the ward, no external food – or some such nonsense) so she started eating right away.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh* I seem bent on grossing myself out this NaNo.

"As it turns out – and I cannot believe I’m saying this – having maggots in your hand doesn’t actually feel all that bad. "

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Stop showing up in scenes, Chester! You'll stealing all the good lines:

He chuckled through closed lips. “Try to tie a blindfold around her and you’ll feed the soil with your blood. Cats are fierce fighters when their independence is threatened.”

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]“Aren’t you going to make their drinks?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“After you tell me which one of their cups you want me to spit in.”[/FONT]

(At least MC has someone on his side. :D)

PrincessOfCats

Registered
Reaction score
“Kristal-with-a-K.” Eloise rolled her eyes. “I am going to take so much pleasure in throwing her out on her skinny ass – pardon my French – the next time she comes in here. That girl was like a velociraptor with daddy issues.”

(One of my characters has a weakness for crazy drama queens)

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
November 3:

“Got any beer?”

“What?! You drink beer?!” Selene asked in shock.

“You drink beer?!” Serena echoed in delight.

“Sweetened malt beverages, mostly, but I can drink beer if there's nothing else, and I enjoy a glass of wine sometimes.”

“What's the legal drinking age on your world?” Selene asked out of curiosity.

“Fourteen.”

Serena smiled. “Serenity, sweetie, you wouldn't mind taking me on a tour of your world, would you?”

Selene frowned. “Serena, you're not leaving this planet!”

Serena sighed. “Delicious booze, you are but a dream.”

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Not much humor in today's work, especially from me now that I'm having to figure out 1st person present as I go. But I'm fond of this bit. MC just got news she's always wanted, but never thought she ever would get, and she's just realized how much getting what she wanted is going to change everything.

Eleven years as best friends, and for the first time ever, I don’t answer. I silence my tablet, throw it and myself down on my bed and just let the tears flow. I cry for dreams coming true and for not knowing what to do when I’ve never been more certain of something in my life. I cry for the things I’m about to gain and everything I’m about to lose. I just cry and cry and cry.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, I usually hate action scenes, but this one was fun to write.

Then a new commotion from behind them drew their attention. It wasn’t the dull roar of a dwindling mob anymore, but the escalating outbursts of aggression that suggested things were starting back up again. More missiles thunked against Medjay shields, but this time they were hitting the rioters too. And instead of bricks and sticks, now they were dodging severed limbs that landed blows like clubs and skulls that exploded on impact in a shower of brains.

Last edited by a moderator:

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Nowhere near done for the day and with stuff about to get real, but I don't think I'll be able to beat the little gem in the middle of this exchange:
“You can fight back.”

“Not against a dozen slavers with guns, I can’t. Unless you’ve got a cannon hidden up your skirt, our best shot of surviving this is hiding until we can get to the bridge and send out a distress.”

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]The story was terrible. I wanted to punch it in the face.

(Again, strangely applicable to Nano!)
[/FONT]

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score
Fave of the day, so far:

"Vic?" Bea was standing beside her chair. "You look like Stonehenge."
Vic raised her eyebrows. "I resemble a bunch of pagan standing stones?"

I was gonna say 'what, a bit dull and not as impressive close up?' :D

Sonsofthepharaohs

Registered
Reaction score

[/FONT]

Hippo, you want to punch everything in the face tho :tongue

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com

[/FONT]

Hah!

Today's:
“Yeah, but you have problems with that whole ‘walking’ thing sometimes.”
“Shut up, I’m not that klutzy.” I punch her lightly on the arm. She looks down at the spot I tapped, then screams like she’s being murdered, grabs her arm in a completely different area, and drops to the floor, rolling around going “Agh agh agh!”
When she finally stops rolling, she pushes herself up on her “wounded” arm and holds her other hand to her forehead like a wilting southern belle. “Oh, Synclaire, you wound me so! How shall I ever run again, so defiled?”

“You’re gonna make the neighbors call the police.” I shove her in the side with my foot and she laughs.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I had a bunch of fun with this little sentence. Ms. Velousaint is perhaps the most unbearable etiquette teacher Miki (my mc) has ever encountered (also the only one).

Two lines. Sorry. It's the second line that I love.

I extend my hand to greet her, but instead she bends over in a strange bow like gesture. When she straightens, my hand has already dropped and I just stare at the harsh lines across her face, no doubt built and perfected from the frowns like she is giving me right now.