Word Count Thread - NaNo 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not done for the day, I hope, but I'm at 4122. I'm hoping for 5K today.

SinisterCola

The Caffeine Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
1240. I really got off to a bad start this year for NaNoWriMo. Hoping to make up ground tomorrow!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
1753. It is also the end of the first scene.

I didn't think I'd have any time to write today, so this is great news. Wheee!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly 4,000 words.

I would have gotten more, but I had to freeze at a football game instead. :D

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Officially, 0.

Unofficially, I wrote 1800 words of a half-baked attempt to get my brain in the groove. I just can't seem to find a novel-worthy idea to save my life this year. Even got myself some Tarot cards to try randomly generating ideas with and nothing. I figure I'll try again tomorrow; if nothing takes then, I may just sit this year out. (I have a coupon for an online writing course that I may do instead. Maybe my block is because I already have plenty of unedited first drafts and partial stories, and I don't really need to throw one more on the pile of stuff to do Later. Or maybe this year's many irritations and annoyances have drained the inspiration well.)

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score

Had hoped to get 5k yesterday, but a lot of little things conspired against me, like naughty cats and a naughtier husband luring me out for sushi - only to find the nearby place closed and having to drive half an hour away.

5k or bust for today. I need to get ahead because next weekend will be lost to a renn faire.

Alli B.

Registered
Reaction score
I was aiming for 10k, but I didn't quite realize how hard that goal was. Ended at 8,047. First scene, which I struggle with, is done. And thanks to my darling baby, I'm up dark and early to start again.

... I need coffee. :e2coffee:

Last edited:

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
874. :poke:

Had an epic kick off party yesterday. Forty people and we took over and I never got any writing done. Went home, took a nap, sulked, and banged out 800 words. Today is all mine, so hopefully I'll put up about 2.5k.

... I need coffee. :e2coffee:

:Coffee: here ya go.

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I ended up with 4706 yesterday. Today starts my epic month of traveling, so we'll see what I can get done (while prepping for my flight, getting my heater fixed, and actually traveling)

Americans, don't forget you get an extra hour today.

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score

Ooooh, but that's cheating!!! Us Brits had our extra hour last weekend! *stomps around room whining about everything being unfair*

I should probably stop stomping and get back to writing...

Wordcount is a tricky beast for me, because it's a WIP and the object is to FINISH it for nano, rather than hit a specific wordcount. To be honest, I've already gone over my 130k target, so he fewer words I write the better ;)

Yay! Inverse nano!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Kalli, I'm trying to unlearn what you're doing because I spent all year revising a novel and every new scene I added, I was always conscious of using as few words as possible (because I also was cutting 20K from the previous version). I noticed that in a short story I wrote afterwards, I subconsciously wrote everything in as few words as possible, and realized that I was cheating the description of what was happening because of it.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
I ended up with 4706 yesterday. Today starts my epic month of traveling, so we'll see what I can get done (while prepping for my flight, getting my heater fixed, and actually traveling)

Not in Arizona. We don't believe in that Daylight Savings Time silliness.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote 1,491 words in roughly 30 minutes this morning. I'm still not sure how I did that. :eek:

This is giving me the desire to up my word count goal again. Help! :dire:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Not in Arizona. We don't believe in that Daylight Savings Time silliness.

Yeah, I know. Some parts of Indiana, too, although I did hear recently that maybe that's not true anymore.

ION, I love that calendar word count widget like in TKN's sig, but I'm pretty sure that if I put it in the sig of my 51K posts, I'd break the NaNo site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.