Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Too. Early.

Junely- pain free good! Hope it works well.

There are people evacuating into the sea atm in Tasmania, with over 60 houses lost and a 2000 hectare fire in western vic.

I really hope everyone is okay over the next couple of days.

:eek:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Yeah, we have bushfire season here every year. It unusual for tasmania to be hit this bad though, with all the towns and such catching on fire. Large fires in vic aren't unusual. ATM, we're lucky it's in the national parks and not near much in this state.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Also did I tell you guys about my niece, being on TWitter and into anime and cosplay?

Well, today I saw a post about "looking for a character" at the mall with one of her friends. They were looking for the manifestation of an imaginary person. I wish I was 13 again.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I had a dream last night that I went on an American road-trip and ended up visiting Junely. The weird thing was, in the dream Sian was living there too... my mind is odd sometimes.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not even that upset. Just sort of... I feel like a real writer now that I can print out a rejection letter and hang it up over my desk. :p

Having the tenacity to finish a story and then the courage to submit it is more than enough "writer" cred.

And if it makes you feel any better, I saved my first rejection letter as well. Plan to frame it along with my first acceptance letter.

But mostly harmless? :D

That goes without saying.

Also, this talk about Dungeons & Dragons brings back memories of the animated series. Boy, I loved that series.

Yeah, it was a good one. Shame they pulled the plug before finishing the final episode. Thank goodness the creator put the script out there so the fans at least know how it ended.

*rubs alis hip with tiger balm*

y3Yxr.gif

copperbeeches

Registered
Reaction score
Having the tenacity to finish a story and then the courage to submit it is more than enough "writer" cred.

And if it makes you feel any better, I saved my first rejection letter as well. Plan to frame it along with my first acceptance letter.

:)

I'm not really expecting an acceptance on this project so I might just be able to wallpaper my desk area.

copperbeeches

Registered
Reaction score
I was browsing around on Querytracker and I can believe it! The lists some people have are pretty impressive, and I definitely have a hell of a lot of admiration for people who keep plugging away on one project. :|

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
*shoots you in the butt with a tranquilizer gun*

Works every time. Trust me.

*rubs her tush, frowning*

Hi guys. Mind if I hang out here for a bit? I'm new in the neighbourhood and having a bit of difficulty finding my way around here. So I thought I would hang out with the crowd that I know will accept me for who I am.
So here's to all you nerdy D&D geeks :D *raises mug of ale*

'lo, new newbie! :welcome:

Ooh, goody. Random question because I'm lazy: Is the Lady of Pain from D&D or am I thinking of a different game? And is she really as awesome as she sounds?

That name sounded familiar and I couldn't remember where it was from, then I remembered reading about Planescape: Torment on TV Tropes.

Which I think I need to play sometime.

And with all this talk of D & D, I'm off to play Final Fantasy X-2. Goodnight.

FFX-2: One of the best Job systems in the series turned into a fashion show. :D

Whereas I'm more dungeon than dragon.

Cobra's Dungeon Man?

Awesome. :cool:

Addendum: And thanks to looking up that picture, I found a Tumblr of MOTHER fanart.

*squees!*

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
FFX-2 was marginally less painful than FFX in that it clearly didn't take itself that seriously. And Tidus wasn't in it much. To this day, I still want to beat him to death with his own severed leg...

I'm a pacifist, I swear :D

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
FFX-2 was marginally less painful than FFX in that it clearly didn't take itself that seriously. And Tidus wasn't in it much. To this day, I still want to beat him to death with his own severed leg...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

:D

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score

I'm generally a pacifist too but Tidus honestly cannot die soon or violently enough. :)

Same as Vanille from FF13. And Snow from FF13.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It is always interesting when people talk about violent thoughts in regards to computer games. Really, I can play through the Red Faction series, the FF games, Manhunt, any GTA game, Soldier Of Fortune... NEVER felt the slightest bit violent. Simpsons: Hit & Run, the various Mickey Mouse games and anything cute and utterly broken (especially isometric games) drive me into a homicidal rage.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I'm generally a pacifist too but Tidus honestly cannot die soon or violently enough. :)

Same as Vanille from FF13. And Snow from FF13.

I like Vanille and Snow, mainly because Vanille is cute and bubbly while Snow is a bit of a lovable idiot.

All three of those characters can do slaughter Rafa from Final Fantasy Tactics for all I care. :evil

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I like Vanille and Snow, mainly because Vanille is cute and bubbly while Snow is a bit of a lovable idiot.
Vanille just comes of as totally divorced from reality and Snow needs to be punched. Well, punched more often than Lightning actually does it. They try to make him some endearing naive hero-type but he just ends up sounding like he's the little boy who never grew up.

And before you attack me for disliking characters you do, I will admit now that even though everyone else I've spoken to about the subject hates him, I kind of love Hope.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Vanille just comes of as totally divorced from reality and Snow needs to be punched. Well, punched more often than Lightning actually does it.

You have no idea how much I laughed at that scene. Especially the first time.

Final Fantasy XIII: The game where everyone needs to grow up. :D

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
You have no idea how much I laughed at that scene. Especially the first time.

Final Fantasy XIII: The game where everyone needs to grow up. :D
I owned Final Fantasy 13 two seperate times and never finished it (I later just downloaded all the cutscenes edited together and watched it as one incredibly long mini-series type deal) but any situation where Snow gets punched or hurt in any way is automatically one of my favourite moments.

This reminds me, I need to see if someone's done something similar for FF13-2 because I want to see grown-up Hope looking all smexy but really cba playing through another dreadful game.

It is always interesting when people talk about violent thoughts in regards to computer games. Really, I can play through the Red Faction series, the FF games, Manhunt, any GTA game, Soldier Of Fortune... NEVER felt the slightest bit violent. Simpsons: Hit & Run, the various Mickey Mouse games and anything cute and utterly broken (especially isometric games) drive me into a homicidal rage.
I have an odd thing where I can't play the Animal Crossing games because they fill me with such petulant, utterly pointless rage that I want to find animals and just kill them with hatchets while screaming "Get your own handkerchief back Rhoda!"

That's probably a bit of an overexaggeration, but those games to annoy the living hell out of me.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Guys. Guys. There's a Canadian on the international space station right now, and in approximately 45 minutes... He's going to teleconference with a bunch of high school kids gathering at the edge of the Halifax Regional Municipality... And the radio host on the station I found out from mentioned a website link for folks to watch it!!! I'm loading the page right now, will post a link in a sec... it's mildly embarassing how exciting I find this.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Here we are- video feed starts at around 2:45pm Atlantic time. It's 2:08pm now.

ETA: It's the same guy who tweeted William Shatner* yesterday!

* Who is also Canadian... *strut strut swagger* :D
When did Canada become the Land of Sci-Fi? I though pancakes and toothless ice skaters were your things!

Status
Not open for further replies.