Another PA-Related Lawsuit

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Gill, but what really tipped me off was the "death story" Victoria linked to. The owners of the Giorgia might be amused to see their photo credited to the AP. This line did it for me:

Search and rescue teams have been dispatched to the location of vessel with the aide of GPS emergency tracking devices and confirmed that it is completely submerged.

Popped that into Google and Robert's your mother's brother, as they say.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I found that first link a long time ago. Seems there's a feud between folks in the paranormal community in Miami. The second site looks to be an aggregator. The footer is a dead giveaway.

ETA: The "death story" is gone. Also, her profile is still there, but the most recent article is from March.

ETA Again: Check this cached page from Tatyana Versace's Blogger blog. Look familiar?

Last edited:

LouLucy

Registered
Reaction score
Looks very familiar. She is either trying to throw someone off her trail or lead them on another wild goose chase. I can help to think this has a lot to do with PA. Fascinating I must say. But she does seem to be alive and well.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I've been deep in a project for a couple of days and am just up for a bit of air. I wanted to add one more note.

In case I didn't make it clear before, I agree with Victoria that she's probably messing with PA. However, this isn't the first time a PA author has faked death, and I suspect they weren't fooled in the least.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
You can't avoid service forever, if the plaintiff is determined. Per PACER, the court granted the Meiners' request for alternative service (i.e., they no longer have to show they served Darkness and Meyers personally, just that they sent the summons and complaint to their last known addresses). Alternative service was made on 12/23.

Also, an amended complaint was filed today, incorporating additional alleged defamation by Phil Dolan.

Dolan has moved for dismissal, and the Meinerses have been given an extension until Jan. 12 to respond.

- Victoria

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
This is funny. The Bogus Barrister hoax blog, which I'm guessing is run by Sinthyia or someone associated with her, and has been pretending that "Tatyana Versace" is a real person, has hooked up with The Write Agenda.

It appears to be a case of double duping--TWA seems to believe it's dealing with a real news source, and TBB seems to think that "Lizzy Greenberg" is an actual human being.

- Victoria

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
At what point does Bob trap Dale in the Red Room -- before or after the little man dances?

This story is getting insane. These people are nuts.

twm

Zizban
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
You can't avoid service forever, if the plaintiff is determined. Per PACER, the court granted the Meiners' request for alternative service (i.e., they no longer have to show they served Darkness and Meyers personally, just that they sent the summons and complaint to their last known addresses). Alternative service was made on 12/23.

Also, an amended complaint was filed today, incorporating additional alleged defamation by Phil Dolan.

Dolan has moved for dismissal, and the Meinerses have been given an extension until Jan. 12 to respond.

- Victoria

The judge will cut Darkness a lot of slack but eventually this will go to trial with or without her and losing by default leaves no room for appeal.

LouLucy

Registered
Reaction score
The Bogus Barrister is Bogus

Yes I do believe you are correct in your assumption Victoria TBB is definitely run by someone that is connected to Synthia and Tatian(they are both the same person) or Synthia herself.

As far a I can tell you are not committing any crime by clicking on cached version of a web page and they are acting like any minute the LAW will be coming to your door..LOL

Also so far Google has not removed a thing, there are still plenty of cached versions of Synthia's and Tatina's blog on Google.

TBB is not a credible blog then again when are blogs actually credible?

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed they quoted me. Does this mean I get on the boycott list? ;-)

I need to add something. It seems I've been accused of digging up the cache of a private blog. At the time the blog was public. Any time I've ever tried the cached link for a Blogger/Blogspot blog that was made private after the post was made (and therefore in Google's cache) I was unable to view the post. BTW, server logs will show page visits, even if the visitor was unable to see the content on the page. The URL still exists to the outside world, but if the blog (or the individual post) has been made private the visitor should see a message to that effect. All those visit lengths of 0 seconds suggests that there was nothing to see.

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
TBB is linking to troll site TWA?? I'm getting the popcorn, since this seems the be devolving into a cyber version of Dumb and Dumber.

TBB writes: Tatyana is 16 years old. This is a kid. A kid who found some information on the internet and wrote a story about it.
If she's just 16, then she's not old enough to be writing for the Examiner and signed up under a false declaration of her age.

http://www.examiner.com/About_Examiner

The Fine Print
: Examiners must be 18 years of age or older and U.S. or Canadian residents.

She should, in fact, be in school and taking a course in the ethics of journalism. All any journalist has is his or her good reputation.

(This means don't lie, Tatyana, or whatever your name is this week.)

She should also be aware that good journalists VERIFY a story before rushing to post. She's welcome to look up Dan Rather and see how he screwed up his career. (That means do NOT do what he did, okay?)

We don't like PublishAmerica and what it does to people any more than you do, but a false report of any kind muddies the waters and does not serve to get solid information out to new writers who don't know what's going on.

She is now being bullied by hateful emails and to make matters worse, the posters on Absolute Write have found a way so that these people can continue to harass her. Look at this:
TBB-- this is neither bullying or harassment, darlin'. The bit you quoted? That's someone with journalism training doing Tat's job--checking the facts.

If she wants to be a real grown up reporter, she has to learn how to use Google to her advantage and not make stuff up or pass on false stories.

And if she wants to make the AW interest in this to go away, she can get off the Internet for a few days, tend to her school work, and start fresh on Monday with some other project that has nothing to do with this kerfuffle.

Whatever the intent, the outcome of that false death story has destroyed that reporter's credibility. If she's got another pen name she can activate it when she turns 18. Fresh start and all that.

TBB--you need to check out those "Agenda" people. The ones behind it are the bad guys, not AW.

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
In response to TBB's Jan 6 "Let's move on" post:

All this could have been avoided had Rev. Sinthyia simply raised her hand Monty Python style and declared "I'm not dead yet."

Tat can go to any library and get what she needs on how to be a journalist. I'm sure she's learned her lesson that you can't trust everything you read in the Internet.

I heard from another quarter that TBB might want to fix the timezone for the blog. Eastern Standard time is fine.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently PA is gonig the Church of Scientology route and plans to simply litigate people into shutting up. What PA doesn't seem to understand is that CoS can do this because they have a nearly indefinite source of cash to work with. PA, while making money hand over fist, isn't even in the same league.

They'd really be better off ignoring their attackers. Trust me there's already enough damning evidence against PA out there, one more website won't matter. But maybe this is a good thing. I'm thinking their arrogance is getting a bit too big to control. And that's what will lead them to making a mistake; the mistake that will hopefully cost them everything.

Marie Pacha

Still a work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Regarding the lawsuit: Full docket text for document 37:
-SEALED-ORDER denying [33] Motion to Strike ; denying as moot [9] Motion to Dismiss Complaint; granting [11]& [26] Motion to Seal; granting [21] Motion to Strike; granting [24] Motion for Leave to File Excess Pages; granting [25] Motion to Dismiss Complaint lack jurisdiction; and denying [31] Motion for Discovery. Signed by Judge William D Quarles, Jr on 5/31/12. (apls, Deputy Clerk)

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Ummmm...what does that mean in layperson's terms? Anyone?

Marie Pacha

Still a work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
The case was dismissed by the judge because it was filed in the wrong jurisdiction. Specific records of the case have been sealed. The motion to dismiss was moot once the judge ruled it was filed in the wrong jurisdiction.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question...

If PA sues someone for defamation, does not the defendant have a right to force PA to open their books? As in discovery?

If this is true, I would think this is the last thing PA wants...

Marie Pacha

Still a work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
This lawsuit wasn't filed by PA, but by Willem and Alice Meiners.

PA's books would only come into scrutiny if the original complaint somehow tied the accusation of defamation to those records.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
This lawsuit wasn't filed by PA, but by Willem and Alice Meiners.

PA's books would only come into scrutiny if the original complaint somehow tied the accusation of defamation to those records.

Thank you...damn, PA slips through again...

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Yes, it's become apparent that PA may have decided to attack its opponents on an individual basis so that information about PA can be blocked. Or so they hope.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
A may have decided to attack its opponents on an individual basis so that information about PA can be blocked. Or so they hope.

That will be about as successful as herding caffeine-buzzed cats.

Willie and Alice, the Internet is not your friend. Pack it up and bog off back to Holland.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gill, what did Holland ever do to you?