AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, they're good to have around. I just prefer them outside, and much smaller than Wicked's.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
:scared:

I've seen pix of Wicked's babies. If they get bigger than those I don't want anything to do with them.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Biggest spider in the world has a span the size of a dinner plate. Though, in an exception that proves the rule, it's South American, not Australian.

Just FYI.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Biggest spider in the world has a span the size of a dinner plate. Though, in an exception that proves the rule, it's South American, not Australian.

Just FYI.

Okay. There's a line at how big a spider I can deal with - and that crosses it!

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
So, Wicked could drop by with her . . .uhm. . . pets, too?

Or not. Like, definitely not. Like, pleaseGodletherkeepherpetswheretheybelong. :scared:

The biggest spider is a bird-hunting tarantula that is one heck of a huge monster thing.

My brother has a good buddy that lives in Brazil and he tells this tale of a time when he was driving and swerved to avoid this bulky thing in the road... only to realize later it was a spider. :eek:

And now I need a drink.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, what I'm really in the mood for is vodka but given I have to get dinner ready for me and the kidlets that might not be a good idea. :tongue

But yeah, virtual drinks at a virtual pub? Sure - vodka will do just fine. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy::snoopy:

I'm buying!

Just found out the boss has to stay home 3 more weeks. :D

Now if I could just have finagled her pay during this.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you in charge of the accounts?

That would seem to solve that little issue.

:D

Well, I have been known to place the orders, and as such I do know the information for the pub's credit card(s). ooops. hides the extra card I opened in the pub's name.

And it doesn't hurt that the drinks are always free here anyway. :D

But if you're referring to my boss's salary - no. Sadly they won't let me have actual budgetary responsibilities as only the acting Supervisor. :e2bummed:

Now if she suddenly decides to retire immediately I could be "detailed" to her slot for up to 120 days and get the pay for it.

But see, I know that's not going to happen 'cause the 74yr fart is too scared to retire and wants to literally die on the job. IF she retires the end of the year when she said she might, someone will have to go get an ammonia capsule from the donor room to revive me.

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got the old technology to cooperate. It cost me - but it worked.

Meaning, I was finally able to get access to pictures taken as far back as 10 years ago that were saved on an old flip phone, including one of the Little Kidlet from the day she was born. :snoopy:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Besides its occupied. The cats are taking turns riding it.

No, get in line-I'm next!:D

Jack

Hello, Jack! :welcome: to AW and the Pub. We've got a wide selection here - just about anything you'd want beverage-wise. I'm pouring but know that if there is no bartender here, feel free to server yourself - just be careful of the trapdoor behind the bar. (Don't want to mess up Tidd's glitter piles. :D )

Always stay upwind of the moose and never drink anything he offers.

Oh and everything comeis in regular, large, or IV hooked up to barrel/keg. What can I get ya?

ETA and obviously from the typos I need a little coffee in my Baileys this morning. :D

Last edited:

Jack Lebowski

Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

Good morning pkbax! I've been here a couple times before, but I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you!

Drink? Well, I just finished my personally made coffee since it's early here. Tis a harsh mistress yar, but she suits me fine!

Sorry, went pirate for a moment.

Well according to Google, Australia's Matilda Bay wine cooler company went out of business in 1991. But I love the stuff! Can I check your stock?

Success! Found one four pack left! Blows dust off. Few sparkles take flight in response.

Ahhh, that hits the spot! You know this place is great! Since coming back full on I've restarted my second novel from scratch(unfortunate sad accident-don't ask). Plus, gotten an idea to solidify the plot. Thanks ya'll!

Finishes cooler. Well, I must be off now. Time to write. Today is the sex scene-:e2kissy:

Might stop in after work. Have a great day everyone!
Jack

And with a quick shut of the door he is gone. Leaving nothing, but the smell of burning inspiration and a few floor stuck sparkles in his wake.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Well according to Google, Australia's Matilda Bay wine cooler company went out of business in 1991. But I love the stuff! Can I check your stock?

Success! Found one four pack left! Blows dust off. Few sparkles take flight in response.

*laughs

Do we have any, ha ha.

*checks the magic virtual pub supplier catalog
*smiles
*places another order for more
*new supply arrives only seconds after order is sent
*places in special spot behind bar, applies fine layer of dust

Never underestimate me. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drink? Well, I just finished my personally made coffee since it's early here. Tis a harsh mistress yar, but she suits me fine!

Sorry, went pirate for a moment.

Coffee pirates?

Normally Tiddles is the one fending off the plot bunnies, but their might be an idea in there....

Status
Not open for further replies.