Mellisonant March - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Public transport was conspiring against me this morning as I made my way to Starbucks for my morning writing session. I only got half an hour instead of the usual hour.

318 words achieved nevertheless, which isn't bad for 30 minutes of writing.

Must get to the EDJ now. A busy day ahead. Three meetings. Oh joy...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I had to go home from work yesterday because I felt unwell, so no writing. But I'm back in today (wooooooo) so no excuses tonight.

What's the EDJ, Shara? I feel your pain on the meetings. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been lucky if I have two hours a day not spent in meetings.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Public transport was conspiring against me this morning...
Me too. My usual 45-minute commute took nearly 90, and I was jammed onto a train, playing Twister to reach a pole to hold on to. (This was the less crowded train after I let three others on my line go by.)

Ahem. </rant> Public transportation has broken me. I couldn't even read. :cry:

And with all of that, I have not yet written/revised any more either. But I will later today, so am having Thoughts about it.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I had to go home from work yesterday because I felt unwell, so no writing. But I'm back in today (wooooooo) so no excuses tonight.

What's the EDJ, Shara? I feel your pain on the meetings. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been lucky if I have two hours a day not spent in meetings.

EDJ = Evil Day Job.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
EDJ. A good code. No one will know except our fellow writers.

Today I outlined what needs to be done to the rest of the book, and made the first Really Big Change. It will need editing. The editors are getting first-drafty stuff with these changes. They will be disappointed! But they asked for them, didn't they? They did.

Go, everybody! :e2cheer:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:hugs everyone:

My eye pain was severe last night, so the only thing that got done was tweaking of my banner/FB Author page cover. After that, I settled in with a book (a real book!) and read for most of the evening. Eye is still pretty bad, so I don't know if I'll get anything done tonight. I do need to edit my teaser, though.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Rewrote some stuff tonight. Have a bunch more still to rewrite. My plan is to finish this weekend, and take next week to do a final read-through and maybe edit some of my comments. Because I want to explain to the editor why I did or didn't make certain changes, and I want to make sure I'm clear.

I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeep. :e2yawn:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I had an epiphany, which was that most of what I had rewritten was crap. I was trying to shoehorn a whole new event into the same structure I'd had before, and it wasn't working.

So today I sat down and sketched out what I wanted to happen, ignoring what I currently have in the MS. I'm guessing it'll be about 8,000 new words, but maybe a wee bit less - the macro events don't change, so there are some things I can reuse.

I'm about 25% there tonight. Hope to do the nose-to-the-grindstone thing and finish tomorrow, which is extremely ambitious.

Ironically, I feel much better. The rework feels MUCH more natural than the snip-here-and-there I was doing before.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I made my way through the hairy edits and just need to re-read through those bits and minor edits toward the end. And instead I am making brownies. And dinner. Food is necessary. Even so, someone yell at me. Many someones.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I made my way through the hairy edits and just need to re-read through those bits and minor edits toward the end. And instead I am making brownies. And dinner. Food is necessary. Even so, someone yell at me. Many someones.

:granny:

Or possibly:

:mob

I have written three lines. Three! And decided I will take a vacation day from the EDJ next week (possibly Tuesday) to make sure I get properly finished when I'm supposed to.

But that is no excuse to slack off today. So add me to Namatu's shouting list, please.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Okay. Another chapter done. Two more to do in the Major Changes category. Maybe I should take the EDJ vacation day tomorrow after all.

It's over 131K now. :hooray: :scared:

Go, everybody! :e2cheer:

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey everyone, hope you're doing well.

I spent all weekend finding excuses not to finish the project I'm working on, which is about six hours work away from being finally finished. I think I'm running scared from "finishing", because I can't tweak it after that. It's also possible that the EDJ (which was very evil at the end of last week) was putting me in a bad headspace.

So anyway. It's a new week. Old excuses aren't allowed.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
This is for all of us:
:poke::whip:

:chores

:Clap:

I fit in fifteen minutes of edits/writing this morning. More to come, I hope.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:waves tiredly to all:

Had a nice birthday weekend, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things...what was I working on again?

(*really needs to get to bed at a decent hour*)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:partyguy: Happy birthday, Saoirse!

I finished going through the editorial notes, and I finished rewriting those chunks that needed rewriting. I've zapped it off to my agent in hopes of getting some comments back before I have to send it back to the editors.

But I seem to be pretty much done, at least with this round of edits. :e2faint:

Sara K.

Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday Saoirse!

Good work, Liz! I hope your agent likes what you've done with it!

Yesterday, wrote 1.8k new words to finally finish a short story I'd been working on. I then rewrote it, cutting 2k out, to sit at 6,349 words. I also completely changed the ending, which gave my MC the amount of agency she deserves!

I have to find something new to work on today, so I doubt I'll be as hardworking as I was yesterday ;)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Saoirse! :partyguy:

And well done, Lizmonster! :snoopy:

404 words this morning. They really did not want to be there, but can I get on with the rest now? Maybe?

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Happy birthday, Saoirse!

I took last week off from writing, while I accomplished massive amounts of cooking for a church function. But I'm back this week.

Spent the last couple of days working on some changes my agent recommended on the new series proposal, and just sent them back in.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Got some notes back from my agent on the changes. She has some suggestions, but they are not huge. So I am a) relieved, and b) taking a night off. :D

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Waiting to hear back from my agent. Decided to write more on the proposed series. Managed 1315 new words and spend about an hour plotting.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No new words for me lately, at least not that I can accurately count. Doing edits and revisions on my Kelli Storm series before I send them to my new publisher. Fun, fun, fun. The good side of this is, besides finally having a publisher, is that I can rework so much of the books and not change the plot line. Taking out a ton of F bombs, though there will still be a few, and found some minor issues in book 2 that I fixed. All in all, I know it's worth it.

Now I just have to hear back from these people I interviewed with on a job, that they say I have, but haven't received the offer letter yet. My deadline for getting back to a day job is closing fast, and if I don't start soon, I don't know what I'll do.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Fingers crossed on the job, Ken!

I sent the edits back to my editors. Strictly speaking, they were due tomorrow; but I was done, so what the heck. One of them is in the UK, so it's already tomorrow for her.

My agent tells me it might be a wee bit after April 1 before she gets me notes on Book 2. I am torn. I have planned to use Camp NaNo to process Book 2, and this will confound things a little. On the other hand: RESPITE.

I am going to go fall down now.