Azymous April - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So! April. Wow.

In all seriousness:

This thread is for word count/daily writing/editing posts. General chat belongs in Life of Crime and Chocolate.

How was your March? Did you meet your goals? Procrastinate the days away? Something in between?

What are your April goals?

Go, team! :e2cheer:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
My March: I got edits for Book 1 at the beginning of the month, with a deadline of March 27. No problem! Except for a bit of a plot change there at the end. So although I met the deadline, there will be more notes on the way.

But maybe not this month.

In April, I am doing Camp NaNoWriMo. I committed to 30,000 words on my sequel, but I don't have notes from my agent on that yet. So maybe I'll start by writing a little bit of something new.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome work, Liz!

I did pretty okay in March. I've gotten through almost half the book in edits. The second half is coming this weekend. I also need to get it formatted (I may have someone else do that as last time nearly killed me), and finally put it up for sale at Amazon, etc (May 1st release date). And solicit reviews and maybe get some interviews...busy month!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
My goals for March were to complete my proposal and sample chapters for a possible new series. Those are now with my agent. My goals for April are to start writing it, and I'm enrolled in Camp Nano. 2880 words today.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Exciting times, Saoirse! May is coming up quickly.

Nice word count, BfloGal! And good luck with the proposal.

Rather than wait for editing notes, I started writing a chapter I know I'll need (I have two characters that need to meet much, much sooner than they do). 1,115 tonight.

Everything I write is too sad. Sigh.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
March: finished revisions on a book.

April: I am also doing Camp NaNo. (Moment of insanity.) I've committed to too many words, but I'm counting the words I already have written on the WIP. :tongue Since this book is already being written in a completely different way, I figure why not see how many words I can get into it in a month?

April 1: I read a few pages of what's already there. I really need a day or two to transition from the people who are still stuck in my head to the people I haven't allowed myself to think much about for a month.

Liz, add a puppy to your story. Puppies make everything better.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Added 1,074 tonight.

Heard from my agent today, who tells me she'll probably have notes on the WIP for me next week. That will make my work this month much more focused.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I wrote 1,092 words of background stuff I will never use.

I need to focus, but I'm having trouble making myself read the draft. I fear I am pretty burned out at this point.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
How am I not in this thread?

Oh right, because I've not done anything.

My only wish for this month is for EDJ to calm down. Then I won't have a great excuse not to write.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Nice wordage, BfloGal!

Liz, I've hit that point with my novel that's releasing next month. The editing has been a slow slog. Hugs.

OSG, hope the EDJ calms down.

I finished editing part 1 of my novel. I'm supposed to get part 2 edits today sometime. I had the day off work yesterday so I finished up part 1 and tweaked my cover and banner. Just felt lazy. Today I'll be proofreading part 1 and starting part 2 if I get it early enough.

Happy Easter everyone!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I wrote another thousand-odd words of background stuff.

I also headed back to Holly Lisle's one-pass revision page. I never could make it work with one revision, but she has a lot of good ideas that helped me focus before. SAVE ME HOLLY.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,111 words today.

I also went through most of the first part of the one-pass revision stuff. I have Themes to my book! Who knew?

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
LOL, Liz. I think themes enter many books organically. And I think many other books only have themes because English teachers say they do.

I managed to get through a lot of cooking and housework for Easter, relatively unscathed, although I did also manage to catch a cold.

Wrote 1244 words, got further behind in Camp Nano. And, of course, my copy edits arrived today, too. Although they don't look too bad. It's just a matter of going through them all. I love copy edits. They make me look less stupid.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
BfloGal - That's a great way to look at copyedits. I always dread them. :(

Liz - I have used Holly Lisle's methods for years. Her stuff is AWESOME. (And my themes happen organically, too!)

Got part 2, am working on that. Did a cover reveal today. I'll be changing ye olde avatar in a bit to reflect the new book. Fun times.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:Hug2: BfloGal. Look after yourself. I hope you feel better soon.

I got editing notes today, which are thorough and will require Thought. So I won't get actual words today, but it does look like I'll have to rewrite most of the ending, so there will be LOTS OF WORDS in my future.

I get frustrated with my first drafts, because they are so floppy and shapeless. And yet I am learning to appreciate that they can be full of loose ends and unanswered questions, and that's totally OK. Second drafts...apparently require some coherence. :D

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Managed 299 words yesterday and 648 today. But also went through some of my copy edits that I got the other day. Feeling a little better. Actually, it would be more correct to say that I stopped feeling worse.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Where did everybody go? Even though I'm still sick, I promise to shower more often.

Anyway 912 words yesterday and 945 today, and I'm halfway through my copy edits.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I haven't been to this site in months. It's also been months since I've written 500 words in a single day for my novel. I think I might have written a total of that in the last month... Perhaps there's a coincidence there?

Anyway, I know that with my schedule the next few weeks that 500 words per day is way too ambitious and will just demotivate me, so I'm aiming for 100. I should crush that, but we'll see.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
You drove no one off, BfloGal! I was in a black hole of despair, and it took me a few days to realize that wasn't actually going to get this book written. :)

MAT! Welcome back!! 100 words a day will make for excellent progress.

Congratulations on being almost done, Saoirse. Next comes the fun part. :)

I did our taxes today, AND wrote 1,476 words of editing notes. Which aren't actual words on the WIP, but I did iron a few things out.

And now I need a weekend. (No, don't say anything. I know. I am just living in denial.)