The AWer Harper Voyager Unagented Submissions Watch Thread

Bishop

American Seanchai
Registered
Reaction score
That is an extremely cool thing! I hope you are doing a happy dance :)

I actually took it out for a few drinks. Haha

That is absolutely brilliant. Great job! I'll be on the lookout for a copy of my own.

Thanks! BTW keep your eye on my blog in the next couple weeks, I quote you in a post that is forth coming. :)

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hey Bishop, could you create a thread in Announcements, Events, and Book Promotion for your book and start posting over there? While I've let the promotional stuff slide because you were a big part of the whole HV call, this really isn't the forum for it, I'm afraid.

Plus, other people will then get a chance to see your good news, not just the folks following this thread! :D

Bishop

American Seanchai
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Bishop, could you create a thread in Announcements, Events, and Book Promotion for your book and start posting over there? While I've let the promotional stuff slide because you were a big part of the whole HV call, this really isn't the forum for it, I'm afraid.

Plus, other people will then get a chance to see your good news, not just the folks following this thread! :D

I appreciate the slack and will start that thread. I apologize for getting carried away. Thanks for the gentle tap to my nose. Haha :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
It's been wonderful to follow your story and I'm very excited for your book!

Thanks for being understanding. :)

FairySockmother

Writing from my ivory tower
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fairysockmother.com
HarperVoyager UK announced yesterday it's pick of 15 manuscripts from the open submissions. My novel, Among Wolves, was one of those chosen! Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I couldn't share this until it was official. I've known since February. I tried to indicate, without saying too much, that the selection process wasn't over yet. I hope some of you have met with success also!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
HarperVoyager UK announced yesterday it's pick of 15 manuscripts from the open submissions. My novel, Among Wolves, was one of those chosen! Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I couldn't share this until it was official. I've known since February. I tried to indicate, without saying too much, that the selection process wasn't over yet. I hope some of you have met with success also!

Well, congratulations!! :D What great news! Thanks for coming back to share it!

Susan Illene

Lurking in the dark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.darknesshaunts.com

Yay, super congrats on getting picked up. You must be really excited! Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
That's great, FairySockmother! Do you have more details about when your book will be coming out and if it will come out in paper as well?

FairySockmother

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fairysockmother.com
HarperVoyager UK

That's great, FairySockmother! Do you have more details about when your book will be coming out and if it will come out in paper as well?

The tentative release date is May 22, 2015. There will be mass market paperbacks as part of the deal with the London office, too. They seem to be coming out about a month after the e-books.

I had mixed emotions about sharing this here. I know how agonizing the wait was for everyone. I had convinced myself that both my manuscripts had become lost or never arrived in the first place. Among Wolves wasn't even finished when I heard about the open submissions. I took two weeks vacation to complete it and then submitted. I never dreamed it would be accepted. It's still hard to believe.

Has there ever been an announcement from the Sydney office? New York announced first and then London. It made me wonder if maybe Sydney is still in the selection or contract process. London claims there were 5000 manuscripts submitted. I can only imagine the wonderful talent that was passed on because of an editor's whim or personal preferences. Good luck to you all. I know you are fantastic writers!

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
I'm glad you shared, Fairy. I'm sure you've alighted new hope in the hearts of anyone who hasn't yet heard back. I'm also really happy that your book will be coming out in paper. I'm kind of amazed that you were able to finish the book and edit it in two weeks in order to submit and eventually be accepted. What a dream come true! Brava!

FairySockmother

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fairysockmother.com
Thanks for being happy for me! And thank you for your kindness and encouragement while I shamefully lurked a long time because I didn't know anyone. You are a very supportive community of writers!

merchantIV

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everybody, whoever still checks in! I know that this will go in Goals and Accomplishments (I promise, I'm not going to derail the thread!) It's just that since I was part of this group for so long, I wanted to let people know…

I sold my book to Random House!

Actually it's a YA fantasy trilogy, and the first one, A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING, comes out in fall 2016!

I promise I'm not going to post more about it here, I'll move it to the appropriate forum. I just wanted to give everyone from this group a heads up, and say thanks for all the lovely encouragement during the whole open call process. Everyone here is fantastic!

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
Hey everybody, whoever still checks in! It's just that since I was part of this group for so long, I wanted to let people know…

I sold my book to Random House!

Actually it's a YA fantasy trilogy, and the first one, A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING, comes out in fall 2016!

Congratulations! That's really exciting!

I'm happy you shared here, as well. It's great to see that you successfully placed your books elsewhere. It helps me feel hopeful regarding my own. I'm sure other submitters to the HV open call will also be glad.