Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
http://swordsvspens.blogspot.com/ - My Blog
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/gilroy - My personal library

A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.

Library Thing? Really? You just HAD to bring that thing in here, where just anybody could stumble over it? As if I didn't already have enough on my hands with www.goodreads.com !

Buddy, you have so made my sh*t list. My to-be-read list is so long now I'm never going to catch up. So of course you had to mention another book sharing site, which is like showing a junkie where you hide the crack.

:D

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. Dark corners are not safe. This IS the SF/Fantasy cantina, after all. We have a kraken* in the back garden, and smibbles all over the place.**

And sparkly ponies. And not-sparkly ponies. And rabid sheep. And a demented superhero who thinks he's named after a snake. And man-bras. And space ships. Lots of space ships.

I'm the most harmless person here***, and even I'm rocking a jabberwocky.

You have been warned. But, with that said, sit down, have a drink. Welcome!

*don't tease the kraken. We've lost two people to her already.

**consult the cantina map for all safe areas and the nearest laser guns for your own protection in case of zombie attack.

*** legal disclaimer: this is, in fact, a complete fabrication. I am a bad bad bad person. It's a lifestyle choice.

Don't forget the 'raptor, it's still missing. He could show up at anytime. I don't want to be tripping over body parts. I've had my cleanup for the day, thank you.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
*come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

:e2cry:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget the 'raptor, it's still missing. He could show up at anytime. I don't want to be tripping over body parts. I've had my cleanup for the day, thank you.

Shoot! I forgot all about Sparky. Sparky? did we finally decide on a name for --

Wait! Sparky, no! Bad raptor!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*crunching sounds, as raptor eats hillbilly*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

:Hug2:

You can do it!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We are *always* the Cantina, regardless of whatever our moniker may be at the moment.

*nods sagely*

This.

Also, chorus for the song playing over the spearkers at the Cantina* downstairs was, "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy."

Wise words, random rock band lead singer. Wise words, indeed.

Morning gang. Whut up?

*no relation

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score

Ahh, if it helps, I'll take any of those words you cut out, I didn't get nearly enough done today. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow, so every little bit helps.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Shoot! I forgot all about Sparky. Sparky? did we finally decide on a name for --

Wait! Sparky, no! Bad raptor!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*crunching sounds, as raptor eats hillbilly*

Oh my.... I am NOT cleaning that up.

:Hug2:

You can do it!

Thanks!

You'll need this :e2chain:

*sigh* I believe I will.

Ahh, if it helps, I'll take any of those words you cut out, I didn't get nearly enough done today. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow, so every little bit helps.

Well, when I'm finished with the chapter I'll give you the final count and you can take whatever you need.

And right now I've gotten about half way through and wrote 772 new words. Basically was the same scene, just totally reworded. And since the Little Kricket is waking I'll have to wait and do the major cutting later today.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Buddy, you have so made my sh*t list. My to-be-read list is so long now I'm never going to catch up. So of course you had to mention another book sharing site, which is like showing a junkie where you hide the crack.

Wait. You expect to catch up on your TBR list? My god woman, what's wrong with you?!?!? I have yet to find my way to that concept!

Last edited:

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Wait. You expect to catch up on your TBR list? My god man, what's wrong with you?!?!? I have yet to find my way to that concept!

I wonder what it would be like to be caught up on my TBR. Even just the physical TBR would require months of continuous reading.

In the hypothetical of being caught up, though, I would be crushed to be out of books to read.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I wonder what it would be like to be caught up on my TBR.

Does not compute. I think this really is the limit of fantasy here - not having a book waiting to be read. In some parallel universe I suppose it is possible for this state to exist, but the pain, the pain! It hurtz us!

I do recall it happening to someone else though, but not in the same way. I was in my local pub one afternoon and a friend and I were discussing the latest Pratchett, plus also the Ankh-Morpork map which had recently come into being. We were nattering away when the lady behind the bar said in a beautifully whistful voice

"I read a book once."

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*kicks new raptor in the behind* bad Sparky! Spit out that hillbilly! You better get a mop and clean up this mess, but first wrap June's wounds and set her carefully on the sparkle couch of healing.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Um, I took him for a walk. He's back where he belongs, now. There is a bit of a mess by the pond, though. I let him go off leash and he took out part of the tour bus group...
...and the kracken got the other part. Team work.

Anyway. He's safe and sound.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
And good morning! I'm going to actually do crap today. Like edit and write. And clean the house.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Fen, for the save! I thought I was going to have to go the Z-word route. Icky-poo!

And good morning! I'm going to actually do crap today. Like edit and write. And clean the house.

Gina, gina, gina! I thought we talked about this. Priorities. Cleaning house can wait until your computer breaks down, right? Who cares about hygiene when there are stories to be written?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, chorus for the song playing over the spearkers at the Cantina* downstairs was, "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy."

Wise words, random rock band lead singer. Wise words, indeed.

Do those exist? Or is the best you can hope for a minimal amount of crazy?

*has opinions on this*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you really care?

Yes, actually, because I have more or less prohibited them from doing so.

So I can either starve until lunch, which is taking forever to get here, or be a hypocrite of the "Do as I say not as I do" variety.

:e2seesaw:

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, actually, because I have more or less prohibited them from doing so.

So I can either starve until lunch, which is take forever to get here, or be a hypocrite of the "Do as I say not as I do" variety.

:e2seesaw:

Let me share with you one of my mother's favorite philosophies regarding the classroom and her role in it.

To wit, "This is not a democracy. This is a dictatorship, and I'm the Big Dick."

Status
Not open for further replies.