Geme Simmons and Paul Stanley get a football team.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
If it sounds like the setup for some weird reality show, you're kinda right.

Driven by the merchandising wizardry of Simmons, KISS has lent its name to the Arena Football League team in Los Angeles. The exploits of the band during their first season as Simmons and Stanley take on the roles of football moguls will be played out on the new AMC reality series "4th and Loud."

"We are championing the Arena Football League because, honestly, the challenge of bringing football back to Los Angeles has the disadvantage of people saying, 'What's arena football?' And arena football seems to get pegged as second-rate or third-rate players. And the fact is they are the upper 1% of players available," Stanley says.

"There are only so many places in the roster of the NFL, and then, you have other great players. So, for us, the AFL really is the black sheep of football so to speak, misunderstood.

"What we are proud to be is the black sheep of the AFL."

Simmons says they bring an even wilder renegade approach, much like the band has done in the music world with their stage makeup, costumes and pyrotechnics.

Except for the makeup, that approach has transferred to the team. Stanley designed the costumes. They made sure the dancers weren't just pretty faces, but could rock the house. And games are as loud and full of explosions as a KISS concert.

-SNIP-

"We are the Tiger Woods of golf, baby. Before Tiger, you didn't care about golf.

" Now, everybody is going to pay attention to this new thing which, by the way, is great for family entertainment," Simmons says.
http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/08/10/4063312/reality-series-4th-and-loud-shows.html?sp=/99/1355/

As a football fan that didn't pay much attention to the AFL, I'll admit, this makes me want to check out that team.

Oh, and here's the trailer for the reality series, 4th and Loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnTsb3WAnoE

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I saw that TV ad and thought it could be a lot of fun! And I'm not really a big football fan. But I am a Gene Simmons fan, and I had a great time watching the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader reality show (who knew how tough it was to become a pro cheerleader!?). Sounds like a good time! :)

Last edited: