The Novel Challenge Hub

sky warrior books

Redneck Ninja and Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Well, I'm still working on Daemons and Shadows. It's 26,120, which means in three days I only got about 1000 words, but this was during some pretty stressful days that I really don't want to go into.

wordmeter.asp

My car didn't start yesterday, and today my husband figured out it was something majorly expensive to the tune of $600. :e2thud: I have Radcon in a week and the chance of the shop getting it fixed by then is really slim. I have to rent a car to get to Radcon. :e2bike2:SIGH. At least I'll be going.

In the meantime, I've got to figure out a schedule for the small press room. :chores I spent most of the day editing another author's work for the publishing house.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Been working slowly on the SF Western novella. It's tedious trying to fill in the blanks sometimes, but the original version had a lot of choppiness between scenes. I need to either do that with every chapter or take them all out because having some of them transition smoothly and some just stop and start isn't working well.

But it's almost 12k right now and that's good.

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Been working slowly on the SF Western novella. It's tedious trying to fill in the blanks sometimes, but the original version had a lot of choppiness between scenes. I need to either do that with every chapter or take them all out because having some of them transition smoothly and some just stop and start isn't working well.

But it's almost 12k right now and that's good.

Forward progress is always good! :hooray:

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
Since I last checked in, I've written about 1300 words. So, Daemons and Shadows is at 27461 out of 50K.

wordmeter.asp

I just saw the short story contest for western fiction. I have had an oooh-shiny moment and told myself I can write something western for that. :guns:

I'm thinking of taking a tiny break from the novel and work on that. :crazy:

But, then again, I could just do some work for the publishing company. :chores That work never goes away.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
*kicks thread*

I got a bit ahead yesterday. Which was good, because I didn't exactly get any words down today. Just outlining. It was needed.

While outlining I turned my MC into a hermaphrodite to solve a plot problem. Of course, tomorrow morning I may realize this is a mistake.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sweeps away cobwebs*
It's awfully quiet in here...everyone must be off writing ;)

Still on target. I think, I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book.

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Good work!

I've noticed the quiet too. Usually I just respond to other people's posts, so I've been quiet too.

I'm on track. My wip finish deadline is Nov 1, but I think it'll be much sooner, like August or September...barring the unforseen.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I've been lurking, but not posting here because i haven't written any novel words for at least a month. Too much other stuff clogging up the life drain right now.

But like i say, i'm lurking and enjoying all your writer vibes :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've been lurking, but not posting here because i haven't written any novel words for at least a month. Too much other stuff clogging up the life drain right now.

But like i say, i'm lurking and enjoying all your writer vibes :)
:Hug2: Lurk away, sir. We know you have lots of modly business to attend to. And a zine to run.

I'll just keep boring everyone with my daily word count reports. :tongue

It helps hold me accountable.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cool! You have some wiggle room, as far as reaching the finish line, it sounds like. That's a plus. :D

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Thanks. Yeah, that's the way I like it! And I'll probably have extra time for betas to get back to me and revisions to complete, so that's an extra plus.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

sky warrior books

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.skywarriorbooks.com
:( :Hug2: Man, that sucks.

Thanks, it really did. Two and a half days of it.

And migraine gremlins, SHOO, you're not wanted!

Thanks Siri!

I'm on track. My wip finish deadline is Nov 1, but I think it'll be much sooner, like August or September...barring the unforseen.

Good Job, Siri! :hooray:

Hugs! I know what you mean. Hang in there. :Hug2:

Back from Radcon. A good convention, but I was stupid-busy the entire time as GOH publisher. NOT a good place to get migraines, but I was not alone. At least three other people there complained of headaches and migraines, so I think it was something with the weather or the hotel or the radiation...:Shrug:

OTOH, I had people offering to get me ...ahem, medications to help solve my problem. :roll: :ROFL: I politely declined seeing as I had some meds left over from my root canal that helped take the edge off of the headache. Still, it took WAY too long to get rid of the sucker.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Thanks, Sky Warrior. Yeah, it does sound like something might have been in the atmosphere if a bunch of you came down with headaches at the same time.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone hitting there goals:Hug2:I really need a:poke:I haven't written anything this month. Keep being distracted by making graphics on Gimp. Determined to get some words written tomorrow though:)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Congrats to everyone hitting there goals:Hug2:I really need a:poke:I haven't written anything this month. Keep being distracted by making graphics on Gimp. Determined to get some words written tomorrow though:)
:whip: Sarah, get on it! :D

I got ahead by 1k today and worked out some plot holes. I'm feeling pretty good about it today.

Can't say how I'll feel tomorrow, though. :tongue