The Missiletoe Command Arcade & Slushy Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally understood what sport my characters from a constructed world love, it's a mix of rugby with box lacrosse.

Um... dare I ask how one combines those two sports??

AnimatedQuestionMarkSmiley.gif

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Um... dare I ask how one combines those two sports??

AnimatedQuestionMarkSmiley.gif

The goal area, ball, and "defenders" are Rugby's equipped with paddles or bats while the "strikers" and general ball movement and field design is more lacrosse, though the sticks appear to be more like butterfly nets.

Truth be told, I have no idea how it's played since we only see it peripherically, appearing as an original but recognizable sport to have the characters to talk about.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think someone should get together the necessary equipment and give that a go.

Maybe not butterfly nets, though. The net is too loose and you'd never get the ball out.

:idea:

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, before I sequester myself, here's a question. Suppose that 400 years in the future, they have a pill which raises levels of oxytocin in the brain similar to how modern SSRI's raise levels of serotonin. What could the physical side effects be, if any?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What about those things they use to clean swimming pools?

With a sturdier pole? Absolutely.

There is something else you could probably use, and I can see it in my head but....

Wait! Snowshoes!!! (More like tennis racquets, but loosen the strings a little and voila!)

:D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I give up writing tonight, because RESEARCH. *drools and dies of joy* So. Much. Research.

*dances away singing about the excuse to research*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
After I was finished fangirling about the new Mass Effect 3 multiplayer DLC, I had a brilliant idea.

I'm totally going to write a Codex for the Floral trilogy.

This is going to be awesome! =^_^=

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why am I so cold? Also, I must write.

I don't know about you, but in my case it's years of having friendships wither and relationships sour, along with a deep-seated tendency towards introversion, and a somewhat pathological inability to make connections in the first place.

Or .... did you mean temperature-wise?

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm done watching things that make me really sad. At least for tonight, I'll be back at it tomorrow.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I don't know about you, but in my case it's years of having friendships wither and relationships sour, along with a deep-seated tendency towards introversion, and a somewhat pathological inability to make connections in the first place.

Heh.

My track record with friendships are great.

I won't talk about the other. ;)

But yes, temperature-wise. :D It's not cold in here, but brrr. I've noticed that chilled feeling is worse after I've gone to the gym.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I am staring at two of the world's largest Japanese pears.

They're...slightly intimidating.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

This made me chuckle. :D

If I may:

Is this something you actually want to write about, or just something you feel you should write about?

If the former, I would suggest just starting from whatever your perspective is, regardless of whether you've struggled, and then see what happens from there.

If the latter, I am inclined to then ask, "Why?" After all, just because you are a member of a community does not mean you have to write about it. Plenty of other writers in various minority groups have chosen not to make an issue on it.

I would also go one step further and say that, unless it's for the first reason, you should probably not attempt it, at least for now.

And truth.

I'm Mormon but there isn't enough money in this world to make me write something Mormon related. *shudders* Not that any of the fiction is bad, it just bores me.

My crazy 2 cents.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
No no no no no no! This is NOT a good time to get sick!

Fever, chills, massive dizziness.... I hope it's just being overtired. Please let it just be exhaustion, because if I'm not 100%, who's going to look after Mom?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fever, chills, massive dizziness.... I hope it's just being overtired. Please let it just be exhaustion, because if I'm not 100%, who's going to look after Mom?

If you're sick for a day or two, surely someone else in your family could step in, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.