Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Doing well. I'm a bit tired from spending the weekend at my parents place for my stepbrother's wedding reception. And preschool starts for my son on Wednesday, so we're getting ready for that.

1.) Can't believe summer is over 2.) I can't believe he's old enough for preschool now

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again P. Dragon. Ugh, I do not like traveling. First, you need to pack. Then you need to get there, and then come home and unpack. I'm too much of a hermit for that ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. I like home. Home is nice. I don't like globe trotting... just me.:)

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I'm right there with ya. It just seems so exhausting to me. Save valuable vaca. time by staying home.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, how's the writing going? Still on zombies ;)

Heavens no :).

My old computer hard drive failed and I lost about 6K words. I re-read the things I had written and decided to trunk because 1.) It was bad 2.) I had used every zombie survival trope in existence 3.) My story was going nowhere structurally.

Plus, lets say I polished that puppy up and it miraculously was pubbed somewhere, I don't really want to do the zombie genre forever. I'm not sure what I'd have written next if I did.

So, I've moved on. I'm dabbling between a contemp. romance and something which sort of resembles a dystopian (I know, I know) but is kind of...political...I guess??

LOL.

How are you doing? What are you working on now?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I am working on re-writing the first novel I ever wrote and it's sequal - and also The Selks. :D

I know, I juggle :D

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Ooooo political dystopians! (This is my favorite kind - I liked it before it was cool, in 1984)

LOL! Don't shoot me, I've never read 1984!! Seriously, I need to check it out at the library next time I go. It's probably blasphemous to write a dystopian if you haven't read that book.

Parump--you are quite the juggler :). Hope it's going well!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Wanna see my new book cover!

unsung-zeros.jpg

Oh and does anyone want to YAWN or word war!?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there. Wow, AW is really dead right now - is there a holiday I missed???

:)

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Well, in a lot of places, school is starting back for people. I mean, I know that won't super matter for people outside of school, but for high schoolers and college students.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I just thought of that... seeing as someone on another thread gave that same reason... :(

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Hey gals, just popping in to hope you're all okay. Nice quake we had on the east coast today. Made the entire building shake here in Doylestown PA.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, and that explains why I am in the dark about such things. I am here rather than Googling news...

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
It's funny though. I just got finished sending off a full request when it started. I don't think the Gods approve.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
It's really funny you say that, Kyva. My boss was in a meeting in DC. When he emailed me the update, his exact words were "we concluded with an earthquake. Not sure if that's a good omen." LOL!

We definitely felt it where we were. Our pool went splish-splash, and our dogs freaked out. The Great Dane, specifically, refused to go outside afterwards. It wasn't all that bad and there was no damage, but I just keep telling people on the west coast that they'll be hearing from me next time they spaz over a couple of inches of snow! ;)

Glad you're okay!

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
hahahahahahaah!!! everyone in my office was freaking out because of the earthquake, one nutjob co-worker kept rambling that it was a sign of much worst things and that all the buildings in down town philly were going to fall because of it. hahahahah!

Status
Not open for further replies.