The Flash Fortnight - the Flash Fiction forum challenge!

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Toimu. :)

Do you mean you would like one prompt posted per week? I'm happy to do that if that's what participants would prefer.

You can also look back through the prompts that have been used so far (they're given in each of the challenge threads, linked to in the first post in this thread) and write stories based on them while you wait for the next contest.

As things stand for now, the Flash Fortnight will return on January 15th.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I've been gone for about 1.5 years and was really happy when I saw this thread today. But it seems like this stops this time of the year. Maybe it could be a weekly thing instead of a daily one?

Welcome back, Toimu. :)

Do you mean you would like one prompt posted per week? I'm happy to do that if that's what participants would prefer.

You can also look back through the prompts that have been used so far (they're given in each of the challenge threads, linked to in the first post in this thread) and write stories based on them while you wait for the next contest.

As things stand for now, the Flash Fortnight will return on January 15th.
Not to discourage this or anything (as an earlier post of mine indicates, I've thought that I should do this someday), but Potential Participants might like to know that there's already a weekly Flash Fiction prompt being posted Sunday evenings at 9PM Eastern time. By the Sunday Evening FF Challenge rules, once you see the prompt, you have 90 minutes to write and post your story (for the purpose of this Sunday Evening FF Challenge, our definition of FF is "written in 90 minutes" but you're welcome to add other restrictions to your own writing, such as "exactly 100 words" or "under 1,000 words."

The post describing it is here (the password is: flashed):
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51977

This is the subforum (again, flashed is the password) where you can see last night's entries. If you want to participate, once you see the prompt (it's in the story postings in this forum), you're on your honor to post your story in 90 minutes or less!
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Or, I don't think anyone would object to you using THAT prompt as an extra prompt in THIS challenge...

Last edited:

Toimu

Hallo!
Registered
Reaction score
@ Sophia, I meant instead of stopping this Oct-Dec, make it a weekly thing instead of a daily thing. But I guess that isn't needed with Sunday Evening FF Challenge.

@ ben, thanks for the links! That might be what I'm looking for.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Toimu, your suggestion of a weekly challenge stayed with me, and the more I thought about it, the more it sounded like a great idea for this room. I've discussed it with my fellow room mod, Jed, and we have decided to start the Year of Writing Flash Fiction challenge. We are also going to retire the Flash Fortnight.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Flash Fortnight. It was great to read your stories, and especially great when we had members who made sales as a result of this challenge! I hope you all have as much success, and more, in the new year.