Status
Not open for further replies.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Willie, how did you get that one? Can't see any submission details on their page. Was it a com?

Congrats! Top mag.

They asked me. They did also put out a call for short stories a couple of months back, but that page has since been taken down...presumably they got enough material for a while.

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Counted up today while updating the spreadsheet - I've had 11 pro-rate sales so far this year, which makes it my best year. And it's only July :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Counted up today while updating the spreadsheet - I've had 11 pro-rate sales so far this year, which makes it my best year. And it's only July :)

Wow, and the year's only half over. Do you mostly write horror?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on all the successes, Willie!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

You're a machine!

Do you keep track of how many original short stories you've sold total?

Mine are in a spreadsheet tracking contracts, reversion dates, etc. -- so I can always see that number, and it stands at 49. That's originals, not counting reprints, podcasts, foreign rights, etc. I need someone to buy that next story soon, so I can celebrate!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, what will the milestone reward be? On my big one (if I ever get there) I have decided to go to The Melting Pot. I just love that place but rarely go because my guys don't really consider fondue to be food. :p

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, what will the milestone reward be? On my big one (if I ever get there) I have decided to go to The Melting Pot. I just love that place but rarely go because my guys don't really consider fondue to be food. :p

I haven't decided, but it will probably involve outrageous amounts of coffee and chocolate. :)

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Sorry I haven't been around. Been writing two back-to-back blog tours. Gah. The good news: my medieval romance novelette, A KISS AT VESPERS, launches today from MuseItUp. There's a party on my blog, if you like virtual cake.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lizardmaker! and anyone else I've missed.

I got a bit of good news last night. One of my stories has made the final 8 at the In Places Between anthology competition. That means the story will get published, but final judging to rank the winning stories into 1st-3rd place plus 5 honorable mentions won't be announced until Aug 11th.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Lizardmaker! and anyone else I've missed.

I got a bit of good news last night. One of my stories has made the final 8 at the In Places Between anthology competition. That means the story will get published, but final judging to rank the winning stories into 1st-3rd place plus 5 honorable mentions won't be announced until Aug 11th.

Congratulations, and good luck in the final round!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
46 days to an acceptance from "Cast of Wonders" for a reprint. They'll podcast "You Bet" sometime in the coming weeks.

williemeikle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
You're a machine!

Do you keep track of how many original short stories you've sold total?

Mine are in a spreadsheet tracking contracts, reversion dates, etc. -- so I can always see that number, and it stands at 49. That's originals, not counting reprints, podcasts, foreign rights, etc. I need someone to buy that next story soon, so I can celebrate!

Just checked. 197 originals sold. ( over 300 sales in total that includes reprints, audio versions and sales to foreign markets.)

3 more to a celebration for me too then :)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to you big sellers!!

I'm hot on your trail and nearly ready for my own celebration. Nine originals sold (and 2 reprints) - waiting for #10 to have chocolate cake. (Ha!)

(But seriously... I was just thinking the other day how different this year has been. I've had 2 sales a year the last couple of years and this year have 5 already, all semipro or pro. Feels like things are moving forward at last. :D Oh, and I NEVER need an excuse for chocolate cake.)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
So, if I eat the cake first, does that mean the acceptances will follow? :)

Not that I've found, but it does make the rejections a bit easier to take.

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Congrats, Project Deadlight, David, LolaVelo and Lizardmaker.
Great news, Eliza. Wishing you the best for the final round.

Great to hear about your upcoming milestones, Willie and Alex.

mrajotte: A worthy experiment. I'm going to have a mocha just in case.

Email today from an Apex submissions editor. She sent my story on to Lynne M. Thomas. It's my first Apex submission. No idea what my odds are at this point. Are any of you experienced with their process?

Status
Not open for further replies.