Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. You are most likely right.

Giant butterfly nets, perhaps? Oooh, attached to biplanes. Biplanes are cool. We could scoop the newbies up with them...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that doesn't sound like a fun trip. Think I'll just wait here...

*waits for planeful of newbies to fall out of the sky* - the newbies not the plane. we need that even if there's no cookies in it.

...with my :popcorn:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*looks under the couch for cookies* Since I'm already on the floor. :rolleyes:

Abby! I thought that was a biplane that hit me.

Good to see you! Did you bring cookies?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I posted this in the HoF, but since it pertains to horror or something like that, I thought I'd post it in here, too.

Sadly, it seems as if I cannot pronounce the word horror correctly and it always comes out sounding like whore.

My aunt was in town last month and dropped by. When she asked me what I wrote, I said whore (horror) stories. She just stared at me. So I said it again. whore stories. Obviously repeating it several times did not help cuz her jaw was almost touching the floor. So I said...you know, scary. whore stories. At which time she gave me a quick hug and said she had to go.

Well, days later she emailed me and said that she'd like to read some of my writing and I told her it wasn't her cup of tea (cuss words and blood), and she said- no doubt, but she'd remain open-minded (which she is not...not at all).

Anyway I sent her a few stories and she wrote back that they were great and so on and so on, but I think she only said that because she was so relieved that I wasn't writing about scary whores that she overlooked all the cursing and blood. :Shrug:

I may have to find a new genre...one that I can pronounce correctly.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
My novel is an apocalyptic whore story. You're welcome for that image. :D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sold a whore horror story once. It wasn't apocalyptic though. I could go for that...

And I can't pronounce the word: edited. Or anything that has an "it" followed by "ed". It sounds like I have a stutter. :D Well, I can, but I have to concentrate REALLY hard. You should hear me talk my way around using words with that sound in it. :tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Biplanes are cool. We could scoop the newbies up with them...

Definitely biplanes. This summer there was someone local with a biplane that you'd see flying overhead from time to time. Amazing things, in particular that they seem to fly so slow compared to what we're used to seeing, yet they still stay in the sky.

:cool:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing things, in particular that they seem to fly so slow compared to what we're used to seeing, yet they still stay in the sky.

I love old aircraft. And cars - there was a Model T toy I had as a small child, so at least *some* of the weirdness can be attributed to my early exposure to the weird stylings things used to have. Might also explain my enduring amusement with steampunk after everyone else has mostly moved on. It isn't just the ordinary stuff either - most people will likely surmise that I spend a lot of time reading about books, films, television shows and other stuff. Okay, sure. It is true. But more than the stuff which was made, I'm fascinated by those which never quite made the cut. One of the most frustratingly awesome things I have ever come across is the unfilmed (and, AFAIK, unwritten) Hammer feature Zeppelins Vs. Pterodactyls - there is an amazing painting which was used to advertise it (presumably to investors) but the idea was never picked up on. It is available in one of the large hardback histories of the company - I think one of the ones celebrating "thirty years" or something - but even with the idea floating around for a while nobody has really paid attention to it.

And yes, there was gonna be biplanes in that.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
*Throws spitballs at the biplanes and pretends she intentionally posted about cookies after the conversation had already shifted to things that fly*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of the most frustratingly awesome things I have ever come across is the unfilmed (and, AFAIK, unwritten) Hammer feature Zeppelins Vs. Pterodactyls - there is an amazing painting which was used to advertise it (presumably to investors) but the idea was never picked up on.

That's a gorgeous pic, and a lovely idea. Wonder why SyFy hasn't picked it up for their movie of the week yet. Sounds about their style.

steam_Disappear.gif

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That's a gorgeous pic, and a lovely idea. Wonder why SyFy hasn't picked it up for their movie of the week yet. Sounds about their style.

steam_Disappear.gif

If you feel brave enough, you can pitch to Asylum - they have opened their doors to "new" ideas... (anything would be better than them knocking off whatever is in the cinema this week)

Hmm....

Don't the guilty always say stuff like that?

And stuff like "It was dead when I got here."

:popcorn:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you feel brave enough, you can pitch to Asylum - they have opened their doors to "new" ideas... (anything would be better than them knocking off whatever is in the cinema this week)

Egads, no man. I don't do scripts.

And would not get within a stone's throw of Hollywood. I ever write something that someone wants to adapt/film/etc, I intend to mostly say, "Fine, just send me the check for the rights."

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.