So what's for dinner?

tamara

What the what?
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't such a good mommy. Well, I'll just call myself an efficient mommy. :)

Whole-wheat pita pizzas with pick-your-own toppings. Kids had mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. I had veggies and vegan cheese. Hubby will likely have all of the above when he gets home.

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
That sounds terrific! As for my "good mommy" status--I didn't put enough liquid in the crock pot, and came home to a burnt mess. No split pea soup for us! I was really bummed out, too, because I'd been thinking about it all day. :(

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Cream of tomato soup flavored with saffron, garlic and onions. I used evaporated milk in place of cream. Croutons made of whole grain bread and melted Parmigiano in the panini. It was fairly good.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Last nite we had curried fried rice (chicken, onions, celery, grated carrot, almonds and raisins) and I've got a whack of plain curried rice left over. I'm thinking soup with ginger, cilantro, sweet potato, tomato, lentils and coconut milk.

If it turns out it will all be gone, if it doesn't, it means I'll be eating it for days.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
Last nite we had curried fried rice (chicken, onions, celery, grated carrot, almonds and raisins) and I've got a whack of plain curried rice left over. I'm thinking soup with ginger, cilantro, sweet potato, tomato, lentils and coconut milk.

If it turns out it will all be gone, if it doesn't, it means I'll be eating it for days.

Sounds yummy! I've been on a massive curry kick the last year or so.

tamara

What the what?
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds terrific! As for my "good mommy" status--I didn't put enough liquid in the crock pot, and came home to a burnt mess. No split pea soup for us! I was really bummed out, too, because I'd been thinking about it all day. :(

Oh no! You must redeem yourself by doing it again soon. I love split pea soup, but my family hates it. I shall live vicariously through you. :)

tamara

What the what?
Registered
Reaction score

That sounds seriously good. I predict it'll be gone. :) I'm a huge curry fan. I could eat some variety of it every day. Well, if I could alternate it with sushi, and I'd be a happy camper.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night, I put some herbed (italian) Chicken Breast on the George...

... I also tried something new = Bird's Eye Couscous with Spinach - (It was one of those frozen, steamer thingies).

Of course, I added a pat of butta and seasoned it with a bit more salt and pepper, but it was really good. ;)

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Fresh garden potatoes chopped into bite-sized bits, with fresh garden chives and some butter and ground pepper, microwaved for about 8 minutes. This was just for me, the rest of my family being gone to a concert. But it was very nice. I have about four buckets full of excellent potatoes, both white and purple varieties.

And still three or four plants to harvest under. But the first snow is predicted for tonight.

caw

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kishka (Polish blood and barley sausage) and mashed potatoes. I really shouldn't have to tell you how delicious this kishka is, but I'm going to, anyway.

This kishka is effing delicious.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
I made Paella Valenciana the other night. Still have leftovers. It's a Pavlovian thing. You say Paella, I drool. And SO much easier with a paella pan, kids! Get one if you make it!

Tonight, it's Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Green Chili Salsa.

:Clap:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
It's past dinner now, but I had stir fry with hoikken noodles, diced pork, broccoli, carrot and capsicum. The sauce was soy and oyster sauces season w/ salt and pepper.

I made the kids soy, honey and garlic (home made) marinated roast chicken.

My youngest didnt want either so he had a tinned dinosaur spaghetti sandwich.
That'll teach me for caring.

Tomorrow nioght is Mac and cheese.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're having guests for dinner, and the pork loin roast with brown rice and tomato soup is coming along quite nicely in the slow cooker. Our guests have a farm and we bought half a slaughtered pig from them earlier this spring; the roast is from the bounty.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what collywobble cheese is, but it sounds like I would like it.

We are having chicken fried steak with mashed red skin potatoes and pepper gravy.

MM

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Cauliflower and penne in a rich cheese sauce. It's OH's speciality and it's gorgeous! Especially with the buttered mushrooms.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
We're sufficiently loyal customers of the supermarket to get a free turkey, but we didn't host Thanksgiving, so we're having Thanksgiving dinner for Christmas: turkey, Parker House rolls, green bean casserole, cauliflower, apple pie.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bean soup. I'm using the other half ham we got from our farmer friends; it's been cooked and sliced off the bone, then about 1/2-1/3 has been chopped up and thrown into the soup (the rest is cooling off to be put into the fridge for sandwiches and whatnot. Yay, whatnot!). It's simmering a little before I put in the potatoes, carrots, and onion.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I made whole wheat calzones; cheeses, sauce, and spinach for the vegetarians in the house, all of the above plus mini meatballs for the carnivores.

Vortex Theory

Registered
Reaction score
I made spaghetti and wheatballs (veggie meatballs :D) with roasted broccoli & cauliflower on the side. And for dessert I'm having spiced coffee and some Starbucks vanilla almond biscotti I got for Christmas.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Grilled salmon fillets, lightly seasoned with a brushing of melted butter and some ground black pepper, steamed sweet potatoes and apple, mashed, with a little cinnamon, and a quick sautée of chopped onion, carrots and red bell pepper. Daughter was in town for the holidays, just leaving tonight, and it was a quick, simple, highly enjoyable and nutritious go-away meal.

caw

Bushrat

reaching for the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Canned moose roast, fried in garlic with canned peas and rice (not canned!).