Come One, Come All, To DecNoEdMo!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
:) She posted in the contest thread that she'd post them tonight, so probably about nine and a half hours from now or so, when the deadline has passed.

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
:) She posted in the contest thread that she'd post them tonight, so probably about nine and a half hours from now or so, when the deadline has passed.

~Amber~

Yeah, I saw that after I posted here. :tongue I may be just getting home when they're posted. I'll be zonked, though, so I think I'll read them tomorrow. :)

Merry Christmas! 45 minutes to go here. :)

Yeah, I was awake past midnight last night. I didn't mean to, but I couldn't sleep. I wished my bed a Merry Christmas and fell asleep soon after. :tongue

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I've hit that fun stage of editing where I write 'CUT' over entire chapters, destroying subplots & sidecharacters that were choking the stoy. I'm having far too much fun.

Reason No.1 why it helps to take a long break from your manuscript before revising: HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE. HONEY BADGER KILL ALL THE DARLINGS.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
It's 2.30am on Christmas Day, and these line edits are done! I'm dreading the work ahead typing them up and fixing the major issues outlined, but that's a worry for another day.

IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE SLEEP.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just watched the series finale of Merlin. I need a hug. :cry:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Gave grandad his story for Christmas and put it on his computer, and he didn't really seem all that excited about it. Kind of puts a damper on all the hours I spent typing it for him... Also copied what else he had onto my USB stick, in case he deletes anything again.

Going to go to bed soon. I'm tired!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched the series finale of Merlin. I need a hug. :cry:

You can have a :Hug2: as long as you don't tell me what happens! I love the series, but I haven't gotten to watch this season yet... (dumb US schedule...)

Uh... I have 218 books now. And my dictionary still hasn't come in the mail yet. :tongue My cat is enjoying the box filled with ripped up wrapping paper that my brother sprinkled with catnip. Cute kitty...

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Possibly. I usually don't get on AW until noon anyway. :tongue (post 259 was at 12:24 pm for me)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
You're 18.5 hours behind me. That's a lot! Apparently London is 10.5 hours behind me, so you're 8 hours better than London!

I'm not sure what I'll do today. Read the Creeper entries, hopefully, and watch a DVD... I really should try to dive into editing WIP#2. I'm a few days behind schedule now, so yeah... Should probably try to get some of that done.

I'm still in Christmas mode, though. Basically, anything that looks like hard work is making me go, "Fuck it, I'll eat something instead." :tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Wound up spending an hour putting some RAM in my computer. The main reason it took so long was getting the computer out of its corner, where it's effectively blocked in.

Speaker next to it, N64 on top of speaker, walls on 2 sides, and a desk above it. The one free side has little space before you get to my bed, which happens to also be my computer chair. :tongue

Anyway, this is the first time I've ever installed something inside my computer, and it worked! Woo!

That's an hour out of my day, but it had to be done eventually, so...

I've only read 1 Creeper entry so far, but there are only 8 of them anyway, so I can take my time with it. Not sure what I'll do next... Maybe read part of The Silmarillion? Maybe do a bit of creature creation plotting for the epic fantasy? I probably should be working on editing WIP#2, but I'm so not in the mood right now.

ETA: I've had such a lazy day... I watched 8 episodes of The Big Bang Theory (to finish off my second watching of Season 5) and have just watched 2 episodes of 30 Rock Season 6, which I got for Christmas yesterday.

Taking a break from DVDs right now to try to get something accomplished today. Going to read through some more Creeper entries. :)

ETA2: Have now read the first 4 Creeper stories, and made notes to help me decide which ones will get my vote. I'll read the other 4 tomorrow...

Last edited:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
You can have a :Hug2: as long as you don't tell me what happens! I love the series, but I haven't gotten to watch this season yet... (dumb US schedule...)

I downloaded the episode, since season five hasn't been shown in Canada yet. And I won't tell you what happened.

Now I need to get ready to mourn the ending of Leverage. The series finale aired tonight. Two of my favorite shows, gone at the same time. :cry:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Troc, you can add more plot in edits. I know I did... But I think funny novels are allowed to be a bit lighter on plot, to make room for more comedy. (Or at least, I hope so!)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've read 6/8 of the Creeper entries. Wound up going out for 5 hours after that! An hour total to get there and back, then 4 hours in a shopping centre that sis and her boyfriend gave mum and I gift vouchers for.

The up shot is that I now have Windows 8 and 3 Alien movies. Huzzah!

Going to finish reading the Creeper shorts soon. I'm getting bugger all done lately, and it'll continue tomorrow when I go out to lunch with dad.

And then after lunch, I need to back up my files onto my external hard drive, install Windows 8, then reload all my programs and files. Ack... Won't get much done for several hours at that point, I think!

ETA: Backed up my files. Most of it was already on there, so it didn't take too long. :)

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, today I have spent 3 hours with dad and just finished reading the Creeper entries (finally!) and voted. I got some extra money and a DVD from dad for Christmas, which was nice.

Now I think I shall start thinking about installing Windows 8... The fear, I has it!

I've never installed an OS on my own before, and I really don't know if I'll like Win8. But it was a LOT cheaper than Win7, and I really should be able to install my own OS by now, so...

It'll probably take me a few hours to get everything sorted out... Hopefully just in time for dinner. :)

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, today I have spent 3 hours with dad and just finished reading the Creeper entries (finally!) and voted. I got some extra money and a DVD from dad for Christmas, which was nice.

Now I think I shall start thinking about installing Windows 8... The fear, I has it!

I've never installed an OS on my own before, and I really don't know if I'll like Win8. But it was a LOT cheaper than Win7, and I really should be able to install my own OS by now, so...

It'll probably take me a few hours to get everything sorted out... Hopefully just in time for dinner. :)

Cliff, you'll find it is actually very easy to install.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it is 4pm. So far today I have:

Installed Windows 8.
Installed a few programs and played around with Win8.
Gone to the shops for a few things, very briefly.

That's IT! I had a hunch I wouldn't get anything much done today, playing around with Win8... I guess I was right.

I still have a bunch of programs to install.

The annoying thing is, I haven't worked on a WIP since the day before Christmas... Hopefully things settle down soon, and I can get back at it. But it's just been one long day after another, without getting much done!

ETA: 2 hours later, I've got all but 2 of the important programs reinstalled. Need to hunt down a program that can play DVDs still, though, and maybe install a game I want to play at some point.

Wound up reading a chapter of book 8 while waiting for things to install. Aside from not working on WIPs, I've read precisely 3 chapters all week! Ack!

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, where is everyone? Is nobody getting anything done?

I've been in pretty much the same boat. But today that ends! I've got WIP#2 open, ready to edit chapter 1. :D

I need to get 2 chapters per day edited, I think, to keep up with my deadline. The chapters are shorter than in WIP#1, but there are 29 of them! Eek!

A week ago, I had planned on being done with this editing pass on WIP#2 on January 9th... Which means I have 11 days. Yeah, so not going to happen!

That's what I get for being lazy all week! (Well okay, I've done some time-consuming things, so it's not exactly just sitting around, but still...)

Might have to aim for about January 13th or 14th instead, which will be roughly 2 chapters per day.

Aaaaaand... GO!