• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

Paula

Registered
Reaction score
Hey you guys. Rachel Coyne seems to be a non-responder, right? Does anyone have any experience with her? Thanks!

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
Verizon/McAfee is reporting "risky behavior" on the FinePrint website. Anyone have anything to report on this?
Norton didn't throw any warnings; I don't see any obvious problems/danger signs on the site. (McAfee is practically malware itself at this point, the way it tries to sneak onto your computer).

The site is a bit flash-heavy; could that have triggered the warning?

Jack Armstrong

The All-American Boy
Registered
Reaction score
Norton didn't throw any warnings; I don't see any obvious problems/danger signs on the site. (McAfee is practically malware itself at this point, the way it tries to sneak onto your computer).

The site is a bit flash-heavy; could that have triggered the warning?

Thanks, LindaJeanne! I think I'll ignore McAfee's advisory and visit. I was being extra cautious because FinePrint's been hacked in the past.

bershka

I've had no problem with the website.

I queried Peter Rubie earlier this year and was surprised to receive a form rejection from him 8 months later.

For some reason, I thought he was a no-responder.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just queried Brooks Sherman. He's a former Peace Corps volunteer, as I am currently, and I'm not above playing just a little dirty to get his attention. But of course it's the book that counts.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aaaaaaand . . . playing a little dirty didn't work. A form rejection on the MS itself, with a well-wishing note on my Africa experience.

merlot143

Registered
Reaction score
Got a form R from Becky Vinter. Shame, I thought she would have been a good fit.

JanetReid

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
A quick note to let everyone know I'm on QueryHiatus from 6/1/13 to 9/30/13. I hope everyone has a lovely summer.

fiasco

Registered
Reaction score
Diane Freed of Fine Print Literary

A while back, I pitched a non-fiction idea to Peter Rubie of Fine Print Lit. One of his agents, Diane Freed, followed up with me. I didn't have enough of the book developed to get anything going, but she told me to keep in touch if I ever worked on anything else.

That was several years ago. I just went to the agency website and her name's not up there any more as a listed agent.

Anyone have any information about where she went or what she's doing? I emailed her a few months ago but never heard anything back.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
A while back, I pitched a non-fiction idea to Peter Rubie of Fine Print Lit. One of his agents, Diane Freed, followed up with me. I didn't have enough of the book developed to get anything going, but she told me to keep in touch if I ever worked on anything else.

That was several years ago. I just went to the agency website and her name's not up there any more as a listed agent.

Anyone have any information about where she went or what she's doing? I emailed her a few months ago but never heard anything back.

Query Tracker says she no longer agents.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I was going through my agent listings and checking them out, and Rachel Coyne doesn't seem to be at Fineprint any more. Anybody have more information?

VonAngel

without wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesisterconnection.wordpress.com
I was going through my agent listings and checking them out, and Rachel Coyne doesn't seem to be at Fineprint any more. Anybody have more information?
From my search, it looks like she's no longer agenting and is focusing on her own writing, at least that is how it appears on her blog and Twitter feed.

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Peter Rubie 3/16.
Polite form R 3/26, saying he's "overwhelmed with material at the moment and not really taking on new clients." Which I kind of knew, but what the heck, it was worth a try.

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
E-queried Peter Rubie 3/16.
Polite form R 3/26, saying he's "overwhelmed with material at the moment and not really taking on new clients." Which I kind of knew, but what the heck, it was worth a try.

I interned for him back in 2008, and he was telling everybody the same thing. If he's taken on a new client this decade, I'd be shocked.

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
Janet Reid

I queried Janet Reid recently and got rejected today. It was an extremely encouraging rejection, however. I think it was a form, but still, she must be a nice lady.

TRezvani

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Penny Moore, besides her page and blog? What's she like in a MG?

I queried her on 12/5 and got a form rejection on 12/6. Based on this and other recent comments on QueryTracker, it seems like she's either pretty quick to respond or she's been busy lately with clearing her inbox. Or maybe both! :)

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Penny Moore on 9/28, and got a form R 10/10. So yeah, I'd say she's a pretty quick responder.