Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Gals! Seriously. Can someone PLEASE tell me the difference between "toward" and "towards?" To me, they're interchangable and I go back and forth between them constantly. I need schooling!

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
Towards is more common in British English, but both are correct iirc. Hence why I have had some confused American betas in the past trying to get rid of my 's's!

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Toward is more of the US version, whereas towards is UK. At least this is what I noticed between how I was told to write and the changes my publisher makes on my books :)

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Also, I know I mentioned this on Friday. I was told my book would be coming out a week early (so I was stressing and scrambling around). Turns out this morning, after refreshing the page way too many times, I asked my editor if it was a non-release week because of how things got moved around a while back.

It is :) This means I have one more week to prepare. One more week not to stress. Which is great. I honestly wasn't ready for this.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Also, I know I mentioned this on Friday. I was told my book would be coming out a week early (so I was stressing and scrambling around). Turns out this morning, after refreshing the page way too many times, I asked my editor if it was a non-release week because of how things got moved around a while back.

It is :) This means I have one more week to prepare. One more week not to stress. Which is great. I honestly wasn't ready for this.

Whew! Glad you have another week. I hate that panicky feeling when you think you don't have enough time.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Missed this earlier, but those are always fun...heh heh ;)

Well, it would have been more fun it she made it through dinner...but it was what it was.

Hi Lisa!

So this is probably TMI, but it's better to share here than with random strangers on the street. I went to a proper, good bra store yesterday. My girls have never felt so good!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the problem women have with their boobs is because They. Don't. Have. The. Right. Size. Bra.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I hate bra shopping. I mean, I don't like shopping to begin with (I know, I know...what's wrong with me, right?). But when it comes to bras, undergarments and such, I hate hate it. Then, you have to break them in.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Well, it would have been more fun it she made it through dinner...but it was what it was.

Hi Lisa!

So this is probably TMI, but it's better to share here than with random strangers on the street. I went to a proper, good bra store yesterday. My girls have never felt so good!

Aw, sorry about the bachelorette, but yay for comfy boobs!

Most of the problem women have with their boobs is because They. Don't. Have. The. Right. Size. Bra.

SO MUCH THIS! Most of my adult life I thought I wore a 34DD. I've never been happier than since I got properly fitted and found out that no, I am in fact a 32H :)

Kansas is gonna have a field day reading these posts, lol.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
When writing, I always gravitate towards "towards". It sounds better to me. (I'm in the US)

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, sorry about the bachelorette, but yay for comfy boobs!

SO MUCH THIS! Most of my adult life I thought I wore a 34DD. I've never been happier than since I got properly fitted and found out that no, I am in fact a 32H :)

Kansas is gonna have a field day reading these posts, lol.

Pretty much the same as me. I thought I was 34D...nope, 34E. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO....I walk in and we're discussing bra sizes? *mumblessomething under her breath*

I used "towards" but in my novel, I guess it is supposed to be "toward." :roll: I got so many notes from new beta, almost 3 on every page "delete towards, put toward!!!"

I just got a nice WOC comment (not from a Ninja agent but btw congrats Kewii on that:)) from a fellow participant who said she loved my writing and hoped I'd get request after request after request. :tongue I wish!

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
Hee. This is like last week when another thread in Erotica turned into a discussion of "tab A" and what one can plausibly do with it...

I've been hanging out big time over on Write On Con. So funny, because I don't have a ms. this year, but I've been having a blast doing crits.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Woah this time tomorrow, y'all, I'm gonna be on airplane... Countdown to my European adventures- less than 24 hrs :snoopy:

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
I'm considering posting my first 250 words of both my WIPs at WriteOn Con. I was not going to since they're not done, but now I figure, what's the harm. Going to look over both openings and try to decide. I might need some encouragement to be brave ;)

I am totally debating the same thing. :)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
How was your vacation, Lisa?

Have a great trip, Smiley. I am all shades of jealous. I would love a jaunt to Europe.

I feel a little left out of WriteOn Con. I want to join and submit, but am under a deadline for another project and my MG novel is not its super polished best yet.

Still, hard to pass it by since an agent search is on my radar.

This event happens every year, right?

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Woah this time tomorrow, y'all, I'm gonna be on airplane... Countdown to my European adventures- less than 24 hrs :snoopy:

Have a fab holiday, Smiley! :D

I feel a little left out of WriteOn Con. I want to join and submit, but am under a deadline for another project and my MG novel is not its super polished best yet.

Still, hard to pass it by since an agent search is on my radar.

This event happens every year, right?

Join in anyway. :) Yes, it happens every year around this time (as long as the organisers are still keen, anyway, and I can't see why that would change).

Status
Not open for further replies.