Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Wait, what happened to JB???? I haven't been on Twitter. JB, everything okay, mama?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
So I have a question:

I bought a spiral bound notebook for #superheroboardingschool, but I want to divide it into sections. Can any of you suggest anything?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What is their proper name? Maybe I'll look for them in Paperchase or Amazon.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
JSSchley, hope you enjoyed your rare day off!

Lisa, I am cheap and cut up Post It notes and covered them in tape to make my own tabs in a novel notebook. Works just as well.

Kewii, I am certain your hubby will not make that mistake again. Learning to be a considerate spouse takes some practice;)

I got inspired to write a press release, of all things today. My book is about to drop and I want to be ready. It was a nice break from the self doubt about the finished MG novel that is too short and the looming YA project with no characters.

I did visit a graveyard recently for inspiration. I love cemeteries. So many half told stories etched into granite.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Morning guys!

Hi FM!

JK, I would love to visit more graveyards. I totes agree about how cool, interesting and informative they can be.

Going to be a busy day. I have to do some grocery shopping after I drop the girls off for school, then I will hopefully do a little writing, a couple of loads of laundry and then the girls have dance after school today. We'll get home around 6 and then I have to do homework with the girls, dinner, and be out of here by 6:50 to get to a PTA meeting at 7. :Shrug: No idea how I'm going to pull this off. LOL

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
The last place I lived had graveyard tours every October. It was the coolest thing! You walked around the oldest part of the cemetery lit by candles. Each year highlighted different stories. People would dress up like the deceased and tell a brief tale of their life and how the died.

We have something similar here, but it's not as cool. It's during the day and no costumes. Meh.

You sound busy today, Mel! I feel ya! I get off work around 5, then we're doing a trick or treating thing for special needs adults in our area from 6-8, then at 8 we have to go hear my cousin's stand-up routine at some sketchy bar's open mic night until I don't know when. That should be interesting, I guess, haha.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

The husband has apologized, but it was just like him to do something like that. Not to give him an excuse, but it is partly cultural. He's usually pretty considerate.

So my co-teachers are teaching said is dead. I hate when they teach it because then I end up undoing it later and teaching it to do them the way writers usually do dialogue tags.

And hugs going out to those who need them.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The last place I lived had graveyard tours every October. It was the coolest thing! You walked around the oldest part of the cemetery lit by candles. Each year highlighted different stories. People would dress up like the deceased and tell a brief tale of their life and how the died.
That sounds like so much fun. Roomie and I did a historical ghost tour once. but I was suffering from stomach pains and couldn't enjoy it, and it wasn't very spooky.

So my co-teachers are teaching said is dead. I hate when they teach it because then I end up undoing it later and teaching it to do them the way writers usually do dialogue tags.
That must be really annoying. I realize that the "said is dead" thing is to encourage vocabulary, but it's just teaching them the wrong thing.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
My roommate just got a coupon for a ghost tour. I think we're going to do it. I'm excited!!!:D

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Rachel, yikes! Totally cringing for you (and for your cuz!). Hope she knocks them dead and she doesn't deal with any stupid drunk hecklers! That's the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.