Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice. I need to get my real camera out.

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
I've found that I coming to this thread and looking at all the wonderful pictures relaxes me. Sort of makes the troubles of the day disappear. Nature is beautiful. I also look at this video when I need to mellow out. The music is Dvorak and the singer is Sissel. (I'd spell out her last name but I don't have a Norwegian keyboard- shameful, I know)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever your profession is, you seriously wound up in the wrong one, unless it's nature photography. I mean it. This stuff is beautiful.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
A change of pace, this time with a couple of smaller subjects which are just as meaningful and beautiful as any other creature I can think of: :)

6-29-12041-SM.jpg

6-18-12016-SM.jpg

Those are absolutely beautiful, SK. I agree, you really should be a professional nature photographer. Have you considered setting up an account on some place like DeviantArt or Esty where people could buy your work?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Love the dragonflies, SK!! Great shots. And I agree with the others.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
One of my daylily seedlings today, Quote The Raven X Bela Lugosi. Can't really tell from the photos, but it has a sparkly thin gold edge that is somewhat serrated. In the sun it looks like a velvety red, in my shadow it's a black-red.

QTRxBL7-6-12.jpg

QTRxBLB7-6-12.jpg

QTRxBLC7-6-12.jpg

For the past few years I had been hybridizing daylilies and have several seedlings (they are called seedlings until they are named) blooming for the first time this year. Unfortunately I've had the case of the I don't cares this year and haven't been keeping track of them, or weeding or anything with my plants. I haven't tried crossing any, which is just as well, I have no more room (well, I do, but the boyfriend likes his precious weedy lawn and doesn't want me digging up anymore of it) and it has been too flippin' hot for crosses to take. So I'm not even going to try. I was outside watering this morning when I saw this guy blooming, so I thought I had better take a picture.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I've found that I coming to this thread and looking at all the wonderful pictures relaxes me. Sort of makes the troubles of the day disappear. Nature is beautiful. I also look at this video when I need to mellow out. The music is Dvorak and the singer is Sissel. (I'd spell out her last name but I don't have a Norwegian keyboard- shameful, I know)

Her voice is the perfect compliment to viewing natural surroundings. It gave me goosebumps listening to her.

Thank you for sharing that link.

Whatever your profession is, you seriously wound up in the wrong one, unless it's nature photography. I mean it. This stuff is beautiful.

Those are absolutely beautiful, SK. I agree, you really should be a professional nature photographer. Have you considered setting up an account on some place like DeviantArt or Esty where people could buy your work?

Love the dragonflies, SK!! Great shots. And I agree with the others.

An etsy account! What a great idea!

::lines up at etsy::
You all are making me blush, seriously, but in a good way. :)

I've thought about it quite a bit, and each time I considered trying to sell my pictures, I've talked myself out of it for one reason or another. It just doesn't seem right, mostly because my intention isn't to profit from a hobby that rewards me far more than any monetary compensation I could hope to gain. It's hard to explain, other than to say money doesn't play a part in it for me. What does, however, is sharing images here with friends who are genuinely moved; and you can't put a price on that, except to mention that I feel like a millionaire at times. :)

...I was outside watering this morning when I saw this guy blooming, so I thought I had better take a picture.
Those are beautiful. The deep red colors are unreal. I'm jealous envious that you have such a wonderful subject to admire, and a hybrid that you created no less!

Very well done, both with the pictures and the flower.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
These are crappy cell phone shots I just took 5 minutes ago while laying in my bed. I just got done cooking a gorgeous sirloin steak and cracked my deck door for a little air and these guys (there are 3 total, I suspect a mom and her 2 babies) came right up to my door to check things out. They're hopping around like they want some scraps so I'll probably throw some fruit to them when I'm done posting this. :)

396779_10151072105264669_1569455365_n.jpg

560945_10151072083484669_539827577_n.jpg

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I have bunnies romping around my backyard, and couple of babies too. They best not eat any of my hostas or other flowers. They've already mowed down a clethra shrub that's trying to grow back after my boyfriend mowed it down last year (it was four foot tall too, said he didn't see it (smh)). With just about every neighbor around us growing veggie gardens, I would like to think they would rather go after the neighbor's veggies than my foo foo plants.

Thanks SK for the compliments. I wish my seedlings were in a bigger bed, they are so over-crowded that it'll be a pain to separate them. But it needs to be done, hopefully at the end of summer. Your shots look amazing as always.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I have bunnies romping around my backyard, and couple of babies too. They best not eat any of my hostas or other flowers. They've already mowed down a clethra shrub that's trying to grow back after my boyfriend mowed it down last year (it was four foot tall too, said he didn't see it (smh)). With just about every neighbor around us growing veggie gardens, I would like to think they would rather go after the neighbor's veggies than my foo foo plants.

Thanks SK for the compliments. I wish my seedlings were in a bigger bed, they are so over-crowded that it'll be a pain to separate them. But it needs to be done, hopefully at the end of summer. Your shots look amazing as always.
Those are some amazingly beautiful daylillies, Tepelus.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Beautiful Tepelus! What a gorgeous color!

Aw, Abby, bunnies! How sweet. :) Did they like the fruit?

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
They loved it. :) I'm pretty sure my deck has become the most popular wildlife (well, squirrel, robbin and bunny) hang-out of the block. :D Tonight I'm going to make a trip to Home Depot and see what they have for bird feeders.

Tep, the color in your flowers is so beautiful. Lovely shots.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Agrees, love those flower photos, Tepelus. Beautiful.

aw, bunnies! Great pics, Abby. We have a lot of bunnies here, but none near where I live. :(

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SK, you can put your photos up without a digital watermark And offer to sell and mail prints +/- ePrints. If someone wants to have and use the img they can buy the ePrint for a small fee or the print for whatever will bring you a small profit. Or they can view it online free anytime. Everyone wins.

Calendars and books are always good. I have most of Kevin Fleming's Delaware based books and he has a blog of stunning photos that are his throwaways due to the tiniest of details being off.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, well I did a sketch of one of SK's Osprey, this one to be precise. :D It's just a sketch and not a very good pic of it, and keep in mind that I'm not an artist artist, I just like drawing and painting. ;) It would probably look better in color, but anyway here it is...

4-24-12106-SM-2resize.jpg
picforSKresize.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks bettie. :) It might've looked better if I hadn't of posted it next to the real pic, that way no one would of had anything to compare it to. lol!