The NFL 2012 Season

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, and more disturbing, he didn't have the wherewithal to try to dive on the ball-

If my knee bent like that? That football would be the LAST thing on my mind.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Well, that's it.

Thanks everyone for keeping me informed on what was happening. Really added to it.

See you next weekend!

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the Seahawks. I hope out bird the Falcons next week. Another road trip for them...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Would have been a different game with a healthy RGIII. Felt bad for the Vikings yesterday too, playing without Ponder.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Redskins need to prioritize over the offseason how to teach RG3 to protect him by throwing away the ball sometimes and sliding instead of diving, among other things. I know Vick used to have the same problems.

Though, i got to give credit to the Seahawks. They're supposed to be vulnerable on the road, yet they were the only wildcard team to win.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I think Atlanta is going to have trouble with the Seahawks, or at lease I hope they do...

I wonder if this now puts Wilson in the front category of Rookie of the year award? He deserves it...

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
He took a while to get up. They should have took him off ages ago.

This. Shanahan was an idiot to leave him in, long before that snap fiasco. He was utterly ineffective, mainly because he couldn't move about, and the Seattle defense took full advantage. Shanahan's excuse, something like "RGIII told me he could stay in", is about as lame as it gets. When does a head coach let a player determine such things?

The Washington defense played extremely well, and ultimately was torpedoed by the ineptitude of the offense, largely due to Griffin's obvious injury limitation. You blow a two-touchdown lead, this one's on the coach.

Now he's got a franchise star player with an injury problem that might not be fixable just with rest.

And the best of the rookie quarterbacks now looks like Russell Wilson, not Griffin or Luck.

caw

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
This. Shanahan was an idiot to leave him in, long before that snap fiasco. He was utterly ineffective, mainly because he couldn't move about, and the Seattle defense took full advantage. Shanahan's excuse, something like "RGIII told me he could stay in", is about as lame as it gets. When does a head coach let a player determine such things?

The Washington defense played extremely well, and ultimately was torpedoed by the ineptitude of the offense, largely due to Griffin's obvious injury limitation. You blow a two-touchdown lead, this one's on the coach.

Now he's got a franchise star player with an injury problem that might not be fixable just with rest.
Agree. Really, RGIII should never have returned this season. It's not like the Skins had a real shot at the Superbowl. Getting to the playoffs was a helluva thing for a team with their recent history.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
I want to know what changed between quarter 1 and quarter 2 to bring such a sudden change to the offense?

How do you go from barrel rolling a defense with 109 yards in 15 minutes to not being able to gain more than 74 for the next 45?

It wasn't just RGIII that had problems. Play calling was questionable as well.

And give up 24 unanswered points?!?!?

Gah!

(Ah well, at least the Ravens survived one more game...)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Atlanta is going to have trouble with the Seahawks, or at least I hope they do...

I wonder if this now puts Wilson in the front category of Rookie of the year award? He deserves it...

I totally agree. ;)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at a point where I really want the Ravens and Texans to win over the weekend. Not because of having anything against the Broncos or Patriots and it's not because I'm a Ravens fan (well, ok, it's a little because of that). It's because all of the so called experts on ESPN and NFL Network and all the other sports writers are talking about it as if it's a given fact that the Patriots and Broncos will win. It's like these games are just a formality before the AFC championship game that everyone knows is coming.

Was it that long ago that the 15-1 Green Bay Packers were one and down in the playoffs? Have people forgotten all the other times where a team dominated during the regular season and didn't do well in the playoffs (Colts under Peyton Manning anyone?).

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at a point where I really want the Ravens and Texans to win over the weekend. Not because of having anything against the Broncos or Patriots and it's not because I'm a Ravens fan (well, ok, it's a little because of that). It's because all of the so called experts on ESPN and NFL Network and all the other sports writers are talking about it as if it's a given fact that the Patriots and Broncos will win. It's like these games are just a formality before the AFC championship game that everyone knows is coming.

Was it that long ago that the 15-1 Green Bay Packers were one and down in the playoffs? Have people forgotten all the other times where a team dominated during the regular season and didn't do well in the playoffs (Colts under Peyton Manning anyone?).

So true. Whatever happens, count on a surprise or two.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
So true. Whatever happens, count on a surprise or two.

Don't forget that Manning is under .500 in the post season. That is a big issue that a lot of people overlook, and the Ravens just had their first game with all their D back on the field.
The rust should be shook off this week, and if there's a big upset I'd pick it to be the Ravens taking down Manning and the Broncos. (And Boldin was a BEAST this past week.)

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Would love to see Ravens go all the way. You know, win one for Ray Lewis...In other news, the Redskins QB, RGIII, will have to have surgery later this week on his LCL and possibly his ACL. Recovery time line, 6 to 9 months. Nine months would mean he will miss all of training camp and preseason. He really needs those reps.I just hope he and Shanny don't push him coming back too soon this time. Listen to the damn doctors.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
What a shame about RGIII! He had surgery yesterday for a torn LCL and ACL. As a resident of the DC area and a football fan, I was stoked about the possibility of having a decent team. Now I'm a bit bummed.

From the beginning of the season, I've been saying RGIII needs to protect himself MUCH better. He was flinging himself around, basically asking to get hit. Then he got a concussion. I wasn't surprised. Then he hurt his knee. Also not surprised. Then this past Sunday he decided to stay in the game--and Shanahan, fool that he is, let him--and now this.

Sigh. Oh well, I'm a fan of the Ravens, too, since they're local. I'm not a resident of MD anymore, but I grew up there. I'm gunning for them this weekend.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

...From the beginning of the season, I've been saying RGIII needs to protect himself MUCH better.

...Then this past Sunday he decided to stay in the game--and Shanahan, fool that he is, let him--and now this.

Sigh.

Word. :Shrug:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It's partly RG3's problem, but I also blame the coaches. Part of their job is to teach players how to play correctly. Maybe the Redskins need to do what the Falcons did with Vick. If memory serves, the Falcons brought in one of the Atlanta Braves' coaches to teach Vick how to properly slide, so he'd stop taking hits.