• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Green Shore Publishing

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'll keep a lookout for it. Should be interesting.

For all the anti-AW crowd lurking in the B&BC threads, chanting 'haters haters haters', outfits like Green Shore/Raider, America Star/Publish America, and the ongoing saga of Ellora's Cave are probably the reason why these forums exist. Writers, readers, agents, editors are sharing what information they can, about potential pitfalls. Sometimes the criticism can get harsh - but often enough, it's fully merited.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Look what I found in the Calendar for Judge Allan L Gropper:

Thursday, October 02, 2014

14-11322-alg Adam John Salviani and Angelica Jean Cardone-Salviani Ch. 13

ADJ.HRG.RE: Doc.#10; Confirmation Of The Debtors' Chapter 13 Plan.
HRG.RE:**(ALL MATTERS ARE ADJOURNED TO: 10/2/2014 @10AM; STATUS REPORT DUE: 9/25/2014)**
http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov/calendars/alg.html?viewType=Print&viewClass=Print

We guessed that Raider was in trouble...but not this much trouble (although to be precise it isn't the business that's filing for bankruptcy, it's Salviani himself). I wonder how long this has been on the cards, and if it's why his involvement with GSP has been so hush-hush.

Oh, and You and Yours will be dealing with Raider's treatment of British authors. Apparently there isn't enough evidence that Salviani is behind GSP. :Shrug:

Last edited:

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Adam made some changes to his set play today:

"Please Release Me" - (Sure we do that all the time if you can actually contact us)
"I Fought The Law & The Law Won" (Just as long as it's not UK law)
"Will the Real Adam Salviani Please Stand Up" (I do good radio, don't I?)
"Don't Cry For Me Raider Authors, The Truth is I Never Loved You" (I love all authors who don't get angry and complain)
"I am a rock, I am an island" (Does my bum look big sitting on this rock?)

... and the encore:

"Day Dream Believer" (I love dreaming about how authors see me)

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
This all happened just after my self-ban kicked in, so I couldn't chime in!

Listened to the You and Yours piece. (Thank you, Beeb, for not geoblocking radio podcasts.) I hope Salviani's RPI customers victims really do get their money back and that no one's been caught by GSP.

I'm particularly interested in Advertising Standards' forthcoming report on GSP to see how they plan to deal with the increasing use of video testimonials.

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
They won't get their money back, Helix. That was the point of the broadcast. Even Geoff Rouse hasn't seen a penny of the 1800+ pounds he was awarded in the UK. Salviani won't recognise UK laws and knows authors would have to go to so much expense to take him to court in the USA. Even in the UK, with a judgement in your favour, you are left to employ agents to secure what is due to you.

Authors constantly ask me how can companies like this get away with what they do? My answer is because they *can* get away with what they do.

As much as I would have liked the BBC progamme to have dug deeper and exposed more - in fairness - they were conscious of legal implications, and yet did more in one programme of a 10 minute piece than all the authorities in the USA, with their IC3s, FBIs, White Collar Crime departments. Let's not forget that GSP, due to the tireless work of some on here, pretty much never got off the ground in the UK.

The ASA in the UK will shortly deliver their report on GSP. Reporting companies to places like BBB, scambook, RipoffReort, etc, gets the word out, but ultimately these bodies have little or no powers of action. They are just consumer report websites with little or no government backing.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
You are left to employ agents to secure what is due to you.
I suppose by 'agents' the courts and Mr. Salviani mean lawyers with strongly worded letters? Not large, hulking men in dark coats who might turn up in a publisher's office, saying little, but carrying big sticks?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I think we need a particular kind of lawyer to deal with Mr Salviani, someone with the contacts needed to get things done.

Better call Saul!

As for You and Yours, at least we now have a recording of Salviani saying that the three testimonials quoted on the show are genuine. Just for the record, the voices were those of 'Charlotte Branch' (probably an old friend of Salviani's), 'John' (jordan831 from Fiverr.com) and 'Paul' (winningwithpaul from Fiverr.com).

If anyone living in the USA would like to help me bring Raider's website to the attention of the Federal Trade Commission would they please send me a PM? I just need you to fill in an online form.

ETA: There are a couple of women named Charlotte Branch but neither of them are likely to be the supposedly Raider-published poet. However, the very first match turned up by Google is the Charlotte Branch Library in Monroe (NY). I suspect that Adam may be pulling our legs.

Last edited:

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
I think we need a particular kind of lawyer to deal with Mr Salviani, someone with the contacts needed to get things done.

Better call Saul!

As for You and Yours, at least we now have a recording of Salviani saying that the three testimonials quoted on the show are genuine. Just for the record, the voices were those of 'Charlotte Branch' (probably an old friend of Salviani's), 'John' (jordan831 from Fiverr.com) and 'Paul' (winningwithpaul from Fiverr.com).

If anyone living in the USA would like to help me bring Raider's website to the attention of the Federal Trade Commission would they please send me a PM? I just need you to fill in an online form.

ETA: There are a couple of women named Charlotte Branch but neither of them are likely to be the supposedly Raider-published poet. However, the very first match turned up by Google is the Charlotte Branch Library in Monroe (NY). I suspect that Adam may be pulling our legs.

Indeed we do! The man is incapable of telling the truth.

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
They won't get their money back, Helix. That was the point of the broadcast. Even Geoff Rouse hasn't seen a penny of the 1800+ pounds he was awarded in the UK. Salviani won't recognise UK laws and knows authors would have to go to so much expense to take him to court in the USA. Even in the UK, with a judgement in your favour, you are left to employ agents to secure what is due to you.

Authors constantly ask me how can companies like this get away with what they do? My answer is because they *can* get away with what they do.

As much as I would have liked the BBC progamme to have dug deeper and exposed more - in fairness - they were conscious of legal implications, and yet did more in one programme of a 10 minute piece than all the authorities in the USA, with their IC3s, FBIs, White Collar Crime departments. Let's not forget that GSP, due to the tireless work of some on here, pretty much never got off the ground in the UK.

The ASA in the UK will shortly deliver their report on GSP. Reporting companies to places like BBB, scambook, RipoffReort, etc, gets the word out, but ultimately these bodies have little or no powers of action. They are just consumer report websites with little or no government backing.

Mick Rooney, Well said! One day Salviani will defraud a U.S. national and resident who will have the financial means to take him to court and as Salviani is already bankrupt he will be unable to pay reparation and will therefore go to jail.

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
This all happened just after my self-ban kicked in, so I couldn't chime in!

Listened to the You and Yours piece. (Thank you, Beeb, for not geoblocking radio podcasts.) I hope Salviani's RPI customers victims really do get their money back and that no one's been caught by GSP.

I'm particularly interested in Advertising Standards' forthcoming report on GSP to see how they plan to deal with the increasing use of video testimonials.

Helix, Salviani's victims will get their money back the day hell freezes over.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The ASA report on GSP will appear on their website tomorrow.

Could I please ask everyone not to discuss it here or anywhere else until next Monday? There's a strong possibility that one of the Sunday papers will be doing an article about Salviani and they'd naturally prefer it if the story could be kept as low-profile as possible until then.

Thanks!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I rather like the mental image of people rolling about in sticky, buttery popcorn. It's like a more genteel version of mud wrestling.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't wanna think about the nooks and crannies popcorn hulls can hide in.:scared:

Don't you know everything tastes better with a side order of ass crack?

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Don't you know everything tastes better with a side order of ass crack?

Dang... I think I've just lost my appetite for buttered popcorn!

And whoever's got their toes pushed against my face, could they move over a little. There's plenty of room for everyone in this bucket.

Should we play I-Spy while we're waiting?

I spy something beginning with S. :)