The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, MsJudy, that so much pain is going around your school. I want to add my candles.

Plus I'd like to ask a small one for myself. Seems I've developed a problem (very painful problem) with my left eye - the one without the cataract, of course.

Thanks to the rheumatoid, I now have something (can't remember the gobbledegoop name) that can melt my cornea. Besides the fact that it hurts like a mother and makes me look like I won't need a mask for Halloween.

It's better now, thanks to steroids, but still hurts and is causing massive headaches.

So I'm not going to be contributing much until it gets better - hopefully very soon.

Thanks everyone. Sorry to always be whining about something. I'll do better.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
387257-votive-candles-in-the-church.jpg

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Take care, sissy. That sounds truly awful. (and since my mother has rheumatoid, now I have another thing to worry about...)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
MsJudy. Thanks. I've had it for almost thirty years, and this is the first time it's affected my eyes. I hope your mom doesn't have this.

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, I hope feel better soon. Starbeam, I hope your house sells at a good price soon. And MsJudy, I hope everyone in you district gets through these hard times. Candles and warm wishes for everyone.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, melting corneas sounds really painful, I hope you get through this soon.
Starbeam, good luck with the house.
Judy, those poor kids. It's hard to imagine a high-schooler having a heart attack - wow.
Sending out my positive thoughts to you all.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine a high-schooler having a heart attack - wow.

We actually had 2 kids have problems this month. The one at my son's school did have a congenital heart defect, but it hadn't given him any problems since they did the arterial reversion surgery after he was born. He had a seizure in PE, went to the hospital, and had the heart attack while they were running tests.

The other one (different high school in the same county) had never had any problems before. He was jogging the track in PE, fell down and went into cardiac arrest. The PE teacher did CPR until the paramedics arrived. They're still trying to figure out what's wrong with him.

Scary.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm holding a candle high for Starbeam, Sissy and all the kids MsJudy mentioned who are going through difficult life situations.

Sissy, I wish I could give you a real hug! I'm glad to hear the steroids are helping, but hopefully you find something to alleviate the pain. Don't ever feel like you are whining to us, we may not be close geographically, but we are here for you in spirit. :Hug2:

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, my problems are nothing compared to sissybaby's and the students of MsJudy! Sissybaby, we all love ya here, so don't worry about thinking you're whining. Holding a candle for ya! MsJudy, I'm holding candles for everyone of your students. Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

*feels more bouncy today* :Jump:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
All these candles and smiles and bounces have brightened me considerably. Thanks to all of you. I hope everyone else is doing better. I can't imagine a mother going through what some are in MsJudy's area.
Starbeam - Anything that stresses us and causes anxiety is important, so don't think I won't take your cares just as seriously as any others.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hallo! I hope everyone is feeling a bit more bouncy this week.

I'm feeling quite bouncy at the moment. My student at school was having a big Behavior Issue for weeks and he suddenly stopped having it today, hurray! It makes life much more pleasant. Funny thing: normally I work one on one with this little fellow, but because of Big Behavior Issue I've been intentionally ignoring him during the first twenty minutes of class in the morning. Today, instead of ignoring me back, he came right up to me and said "Um, Sarah? Could you do some work?" :roll:

And my little kid fantasy writing class is going well. They are being quite creative like I had hoped. And unintentionally creating the Hero's Journey, go them! That stuff is deeply ingrained in the subconscious, man. Today I told them about the NaNoWriMo program for kids, and three of them seemed interested. I think I will tempt them with a prize if they try it and complete it, then I can have some small minions co-conspirators for NaNo. (In the kid version the kids decide ahead of time how long their book will be, and write a certain # of words every day based on that.)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Aren't kids amazing? Those troublesome ones always seem to know what everyone else in the class is supposed to be doing at all times. When my oldest was in elementary, the spec. ed. teachers had a standing joke for whenever they were out of the classroom. They always said, "Don't worry, we left Jessie in charge."

Oh, and doctor says my eye is healing. Said it was a couple of corneal ulcers. Sounds yucky, and believe me, they are! But they are on the mend, and only two more weeks of steroid drops - he hopes.

So thanks everyone for the hugs and fuzzy thoughts. They helped tremendously!

Hope Starbeam and MsJudy's kids have good news, too.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad things are going well, Kitty! Though none of us had any doubt that you'd be perfect for the job. :)

After all, you have Pink Marshmallow Power! :D

Hi Kidlit Friends!
I've missed you!

Missed you too, Alanna! Your return is definitely reason to bounce!

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my, that's a whole lot of bouncies! I think I'll hide under something sturdy in case it creates an earthquake! :chair Glad to hear you're doing better, Sissybaby! I hope you heal up really quick! I am feeling much better, so thank you!

Welcome back, Alanna! :)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks smish and starbeam! I'm loving all of this bouncing! :) I brought brownies and caramel lattes for all!

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Brownies and caramel lattes?! Ooh, thank you Alanna! :banana: I'll chip in my chocolate chip cookies as well. Though it might be frightening to see how much more bouncy a highly caffeinated and sugared Smish can get! :scared:

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pass some coffee my way, please. I'm having a having a rough time of it today. :e2yawn:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
WAKE UP, SMISH!!!!!

Oh, and forgive me, Alanna, for not welcoming you back, also. My mind has left the building, as it were.

Thanks so much, everyone, for all the goodies. But now I can't keep my BIC, so I'm going to have to back off. Besides, I need to go bake a few brownies of my own for my son's school birthday party tomorrow. Chocolate brownies with mini choco chips. I'm surprised he doesn't want chocolate frosting on them!

Everyone have a fabulous bouncy day!