XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
What is the deal with toddlers and the overwhelming urge to go au naturale? When mine were little, I'd take their diapers off, and they were GONE! Running away, cackling like tiny little madmen the whole time.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Duct tape. No, I don't mean that as a joke.

Obviously make sure the tape is fully on the diaper, because you don't want the adhesive in skin contact. And when you put the duct tape on the diaper, make sure the ends are far enough around the sides to be not easily within reach. Um, unless you have TWO kids willing to help each other, in which case it only slows them down.

I am very glad mine have mostly outgrown that stage, because their room was frequently the target of overnight "Poopcasso" wall art. :cry:

I did that to my mom repeatedly as a toddler. It was very upsetting to her.

He just likes being in the buff and he peels out of clothes and his diaper given the option.

So far I've found that a one piece romper seems to dampen the urge for him a little bit. He might slide an arm out the neck hole, but his diaper remains on.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you were raising monkeys, Zan.

Here's my boy with his head stuck in the cat tree this afternoon:

boy-in-cat-tree.jpg

Monkeys indeed.[1]

So far I've found that a one piece romper seems to dampen the urge for him a little bit.

Yeah, once the onesie stopped working, I started putting them on backwards, and that worked for me for a little while too. Again, would have lasted longer if not for the tag-team aspect of twins.

[1] can't totally fault them, as it seems to be in the genes, if you consider that time I got my head stuck in the Eiffel tower...

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score

boy-in-cat-tree.jpg

Monkeys indeed.[1]

Yeah, once the onesie stopped working, I started putting them on backwards, and that worked for me for a little while too. Again, would have lasted longer if not for the tag-team aspect of twins.

[1] can't totally fault them, as it seems to be in the genes, if you consider that time I got my head stuck in the Eiffel tower...

I figure I have about six months before my boy starts doing that stuff. He's got the I'm nekkid, run away! run away! thing down.

I got my head stuck in a fence once myself.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

boy-in-cat-tree.jpg

Blackmail material for when he gets married and has kids of his own, right?

I never got my head stuck in anything. I did pick up a snake and bring it home to mama, though, does that count for Stupid Kid Tricks?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score

I've already started collecting material. I am planning on doing the "show the baby pictures to the girlfriend" thing when he's in high school.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I've already started collecting material. I am planning on doing the "show the baby pictures to the girlfriend" thing when he's in high school.

Tried it. Doesn't work. The girlfriend just thinks it's adorable. No, the trick is to save it for when he has kids of his own. They don't think it's adorable; they think it's a challenge to outdo.

Heh heh heh

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
:Hail:I bow to the master.:Hail:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

I never got my head stuck in anything. I did pick up a snake and bring it home to mama, though, does that count for Stupid Kid Tricks?

Depends on what kind of snake, I suppose.

I'm not sure getting his head stuck in the cat tree qualifies as primo blackmail material; that he was watching My Little Pony at the time, may be.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Duct tape. No, I don't mean that as a joke.

Obviously make sure the tape is fully on the diaper, because you don't want the adhesive in skin contact. And when you put the duct tape on the diaper, make sure the ends are far enough around the sides to be not easily within reach. Um, unless you have TWO kids willing to help each other, in which case it only slows them down.

I am very glad mine have mostly outgrown that stage, because their room was frequently the target of overnight "Poopcasso" wall art. :cry:

Little Kricket likes to run right after a bath but we have not had any removal of diapers, yet. Now I'm scared, what's the prime age for this behavior?

It happens with all kids. It'll probably just hit her later in life. :)

And that's just cruel, which makes you awesome.

ION, I'm trying to be crafty and am getting hung up on fancy supplies list. (anything more exotic sounding than super glue trips me up) Why do I volunteer myself for crap like this?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
That's what you get when you raise kids in the country!

My older brother put a half-dozen snapping turtles in our family swimming pool when we were little. Ended up having to take the pool apart to get them out of there again.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Ok. I've been hearing a definite scraping sound coming from the neighbor upstairs... and it sounds like they are digging away at the floor... I just hope the zombie apoxyclips hasn't started and they are on their way down here cuz their apt is filled with z-words.

I wish they would hush.

I'm trying to read, while listening to Liev Schreiber narrate America: The Story of Us.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Ok. I've been hearing a definite scraping sound coming from the neighbor upstairs... and it sounds like they are digging away at the floor... I just hope the zombie apoxyclips hasn't started and they are on their way down here cuz their apt is filled with z-words.

I wish they would hush.

If it is the apoxyclips you need to be worried. The z-folk tend to take the most direct path. That would mean in this case through the floor. Neighbors would use the stairs or the fire escpe.

Just in case...

Look out the window, do you see dark impenetrable clouds in the sky and/or columns of smoke rising from various parts of the city and/or unusually abandoned streets in front of your building?

If the answer was "yes" to any of the above you should do the following:

1. come back and post here immediately so the rest of us can get a head start.

2. Pack up your belongings and flee the city.

3. Find a twelve year old girl to hang out with, they always seem to survive.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I think editing/paring words is like housework for me. I really hate it.

Because, once I start, I can't stop till it's done. Wash the dishes? No problem. Do the laundry? no problem. But "clean the house"? Uh, uh. I'll spend days doing it. Can't stop.

I'm finding that the more I cut out of this story, the easier it gets. I'm really gonna need some sandpaper when I'm done, it will need some smoothing. But, I really think it reads much faster. Which it needs since I'm going for that "train wreck" feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.