Noobie

KaseetaKen

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all... just sticking my head in the door and saying 'hey!' Hopefully, I will be a regular.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

KaseetaKen

Author
Registered
Reaction score
A little about myself:

In 1982, I totally botched a writing assignment in my New Testament class. I was supposed to write a 'Life of Christ' and instead wrote a short story about Mary in the modern age getting pregnant at 15 and her mother forcing her to have an abortion. My NT professor, Mad Jack the Heretic, loved it. After botching the assignment, he gave me an 'A' for the course. It was freaky though having the professors from the Religion department taking my story and extrapolating theology from it. But he gave me the writing bug.
In 1987, I quit my job as a restaurant chef to write my first book. Three months later, in debt, no food, no cash and no book, I packed up my meager possessions and moved home to Georgia.
I've dug ditches with illegal aliens and been a judge. I've cooked in restaurants, been a phone solicitor, done website design, and been a pastor of small rural churches. Through it all, I have had a love of books and a desire to write.
In January 2013, I quit a really bad job and decided it was time to return to my first love... writing. I began work on a non-fiction book and got 60,000 words in when I hit a wall. I didn't like what I had written. The first two chapters were an awful introduction to the book. I didn't know what to do so I stopped.
I am trying now to finish what I started. I'm also working on the character sheets for my first novel... one I have titled "Cruithne." It is a science fiction novel. I'm wanting to see what I can do during the month of November for the National Novel Writing Month.
I joined this forum because I realized I need help and encouragement to keep going and hope to find that here.

Last edited:

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
welcome to the forum, kaseetaken. you'll find a lot of support on here. I've barely been here a week and they still help me out. that's a lot of jobs, which is kinda cool. You're like, one of those 'Jack of all trades' kind of guys, huh? =D

KaseetaKen

Author
Registered
Reaction score
You're like, one of those 'Jack of all trades' kind of guys, huh? =D

I was once told I could do anything I wanted by my High School guidance counselor... I've sought to prove him right.
I've done a few things just to prove to myself that I could... phone solicitor... yuck... but I did it... and it does an amazing job of toughening you up. KK

KaseetaKen

Author
Registered
Reaction score
I created my synopsis for National Novel Writing Month. It is under my pen name "Y.M. King". Here it is:
The whole world watches as Flint Griffin makes the desperate leap from the Moon to Cruithne in what amounts to a cargo container with rockets attached. He appears to be a simple miner, greedy for a chance at winning a world for himself but he is far more than people suspect.
His daughter Min watches from earth as the commentators and talking heads prattle on about space madness and the need to protect people from themselves while her mother whispers in her ear "Don't listen to them... he has a plan... if anyone can do this and survive... he can... he is the most brilliant man I ever met... he will do this..."
Min follows him into space at 16...wanting to meet the father who doesn't know she was conceived and is caught in a a gigantic struggle as earthside governments and giant corporations try to prevent her father from claiming full rights to trillions of dollars worth of iron and nickel in the most accessible place in space for mining.
Min meets a young woman named Joi who escapes Armstrong City with her along with the roughneck miners who broke her out of a Lunar jail and a young metallurgist, hired to refine the metals her father is mining from the bowels of Cruithne.
She survives the cyber attacks and the mercenary attacks on the asteroid as her father and her new family fight off all who would try to drive them from their home and eventually discovers the dark secret that has haunted her steps since before she was born.

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I created my synopsis for National Novel Writing Month. It is under my pen name "Y.M. King". Here it is:
The whole world watches as Flint Griffin makes the desperate leap from the Moon to Cruithne in what amounts to a cargo container with rockets attached. He appears to be a simple miner, greedy for a chance at winning a world for himself but he is far more than people suspect.
His daughter Min watches from earth as the commentators and talking heads prattle on about space madness and the need to protect people from themselves while her mother whispers in her ear "Don't listen to them... he has a plan... if anyone can do this and survive... he can... he is the most brilliant man I ever met... he will do this..."
Min follows him into space at 16...wanting to meet the father who doesn't know she was conceived and is caught in a a gigantic struggle as earthside governments and giant corporations try to prevent her father from claiming full rights to trillions of dollars worth of iron and nickel in the most accessible place in space for mining.
Min meets a young woman named Joi who escapes Armstrong City with her along with the roughneck miners who broke her out of a Lunar jail and a young metallurgist, hired to refine the metals her father is mining from the bowels of Cruithne.
She survives the cyber attacks and the mercenary attacks on the asteroid as her father and her new family fight off all who would try to drive them from their home and eventually discovers the dark secret that has haunted her steps since before she was born.

That sounds really cool. I hope it goes well ^^

Ladyxkaa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
I was once told I could do anything I wanted by my High School guidance counselor... I've sought to prove him right.
I've done a few things just to prove to myself that I could... phone solicitor... yuck... but I did it... and it does an amazing job of toughening you up. KK

My mom and papa raised me like that. Telling me I could do anything I wanted. Issues ensued and made that impossible. but the confidence boost you get from being good at all those jobs must be great ^^

EllaM

Herding Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! :welcome:
:TheWave:
If you are open to swapping you can look for a partner over in the beta /writing partner / mentor section! Or get to 50+ posts to share your work in the SYW section. There is a great bunch of people here and you will find lots of support and encouragement:)