The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to get mad at your team when they're playing hard, but racked with injuries. I can't even run 'em all down, but suffice it to say that after we lost our All Pro center, Maurice Pouncey, I'm not sure we even have a first string offensive lineman starting. Mendenhall, Polamalu out again, too, but the big hole in our team is our pass coverage, just horrible. Not to take anything away from Hassellbeck, 'cause truth is he looked good. But this is Tennesse, a team that hadn't won a game all season- till last night.

It is going to be a long season for Steeler fans...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to get mad at your team when they're playing hard, but racked with injuries. I can't even run 'em all down, but suffice it to say that after we lost our All Pro center, Maurice Pouncey, I'm not sure we even have a first string offensive lineman starting. Mendenhall, Polamalu out again, too, but the big hole in our team is our pass coverage, just horrible. Not to take anything away from Hassellbeck, 'cause truth is he looked good. But this is Tennesse, a team that hadn't won a game all season- till last night.

It is going to be a long season for Steeler fans...
Actually, the Titans did have a win. It was against the Saints.

For the Steelers, yeah, this is going to be one of their off years. They're going to have a lot of thinking to do when it comes to Polamalu. He was one of the best defenders in the league but he's not what he used to be and he's getting injured a lot.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, the Titans did have a win. It was against the Saints.

For the Steelers, yeah, this is going to be one of their off years. They're going to have a lot of thinking to do when it comes to Polamalu. He was one of the best defenders in the league but he's not what he used to be and he's getting injured a lot.

Oh, I thought I heard one of the announcers say they hadn't.

It doesn't look good for Troy.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/cook-polamalus-days-might-be-numbered-656648/

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
For Cowgirl fans, I read where Jason Garrett is going to simplify the game plan for Romeo by relieving him of some of his responsibility on the line. Its hoped this will prevent Romeo from feeling he has to do it all...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I don't blame Romeo for all the Cowgirl's troubles, but the cowgirl's are last in the NFL in 3rd down scoring.

I would say Romeo's problems of over throwing the ball, bad reads, and the interceptions and fumbles are a big problem for the cowgirl's...

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I swear, the Ravens are masters at winning close games. Someone how, someway, when it's close, they end up winning. I just hope they continue that against a Texans team that'll probably be playing with a chip on their shoulders.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll Take it, But...

Yesterday's win was probably the last one for the Skins for a while. :Shrug:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Raven's lose both Webb and Lewis for the season. Webb is probably the bigger hit. He's the best defensive back on the team right now and a big playmaker. For Lewis, he's good but I think it is time for him to retire. In a dream scenario, Lewis retires, the Ravens fire their defensive coordinator, and Ray becomes the new DC for the team.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Raven's lose both Webb and Lewis for the season. Webb is probably the bigger hit. He's the best defensive back on the team right now and a big playmaker. For Lewis, he's good but I think it is time for him to retire. In a dream scenario, Lewis retires, the Ravens fire their defensive coordinator, and Ray becomes the new DC for the team.

What a total draaag! When the Steelers are in the running, that's where my loyalty goes. But when they're not, the Ravens are an easy team for me to pull for. They're in our division. I'm a big fan of any defense that keeps an offense set on their heels. I dig the whole Ray Lewis, spiritual kind of inspired play. Plus I lived in Baltimore for a time when I was a kid.

I've not given up on the Steelers yet, but I'd guess that a lot of us have secondary teams that we root for when all is lost. Baltimore has always been one for me. Teams have a personality, right? It's funny how some appeal to us and others don't. Some of my other favorites this year are the 49ers, the Bears, and I have to admit to being drawn in by the story that's the Houston Texans.

That said, and I wonder if any of you do this, when I'm watching a game that doesn't have the Pittsburgh Steelers on one side of the ball, I am immediately pulling for whichever team is losing at the moment. Something about a comeback that's so compelling. Plus, I actually believe that by pulling for the team that's behind, I can will a more competitive game. I believe I do have that kind of telekinetic power!

If only...

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score

Ray Lewis and Ravens say he's taking a stab at a possible return.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Some great football today. Unfortunate that Ravens/Texans and Giants/Skins are opposite each other. I'll switch back and forth.

Then the Steelers play the Bengals tonight.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Unsure how I feel about the Redskins name.

I don't see it as an insult, but then I am not a Native American or other minority dealing with subtle forms of racism and bigotry, so I can understand how the name can make others feel excluded.

This has been a topic of discussion in and around Washington DC for over 20 years and there are those for and against a name change. Still, it has not stopped people from attending the games or rooting for the team and until that happens, I don't see Danial Snyder considering the name change a high priority. Especially considering the $$$ involved in changing the name.

Anyway, today's game against the NY Giants is a big one for both teams and don't let no one tell you differently. The Giants want to stay atop the NFC east and they also remember the Redskins beat them twice last year. For the Redskins, this is their first conference game and RGIII first taste of the NFC east and the Giants have a top rated front four.

Should be interesting...

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Have to admit I usually call them the Skins. But it's not something considered that important by fans here. For obvious reasons.

Are there the same objections to Kansas City's name?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, there's no other way of putting it, the Raven's got their asses kicked. After this season is over, they need to fire their coordinators. The offense has never been consistent under Cam and the defense has gone completely down the drain with this new defensive coordinator.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Eli Manning, the fourth quarter come back kid.

I can see in the future that Griffin may very well achieve this status as well, if he gets receivers who can outrun the defenders and CATCH the damn ball...

As to Moss fumbling the ball, I don't really blame him. He covered the ball and it was just punched out of his arms by the defender. Skins have been attempting to do the same all year. You can see it when their defense in tackling.

All in all, even in a loss, it was a great game to watch. Kept the fans of both teams on the edge of their seats.

Scottish Writer

Registered
Reaction score
So excited for the Pats v Rams over here in London. I love American Football, we get a live Thursday night (Friday morning here) game and two live games on a Sunday.

What are the American fans thoughts about games coming over here? Looks like two in 2013. Are you unhappy if your choosen team loses a home game to play in London?

p.s. Texans for the SuperBowl will make me a hell of a lot of cash! :D