AW's Super-Dooper Newbie Pub Where Newbies Can Chat With Golden Oldies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to our new Newbie Pub.

For those who are just joining us, this is where you can come and relax and interact with other newbies and also our regular Pubbers. It can be daunting to forage into the rest of the forums and practising posting in the Pub, and interacting with regular members here, can help ease the transition. Plus you'll make some great friends in the process (which I have done).

So, order a pint of our all time favourite drink, Baileys, and get chatting. :e2drunk:

Or any beverage you chose. It doesn't have to be Baileys. (Any drink as long as it isn't orange juice, I really don't like orange juice. Orange juice is nasty, horrible, yucky and a lot of other words I won't use here.)

This Pub is the sequel to the second Newbie Pub, Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners, which was a sequel to the original Super-Dooper 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread.

We have added a pool table over in the corner and will now be serving some pub meals. New on the menu are Cadbury Crème Eggs. Oh, they're so nice. And not just for Easter.

So, get posting. The first drink is on the house. As are the rest :D

Quick Start For Newbies

This thread is large, and by all means read it all, it's a lot of fun, but you can just start at the end and simply post "Hello, can I have a drink?" It'll get you posting, and all the regulars and Golden Oldies will welcome you with open arms. Don't be afraid. Except for the monsters under your bed. But, as for the Pub, we're all friendly and would welcome the chance to welcome you and to have a chat. Just come and say hello.

Oh, and I love chocolate cake, cookies, and Baileys. So, if you bring them along, we're friends forever. ;)

Last edited:

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
I'll have an orange juice, please.

Cats can be trouble makers...when they're not being all cute and adorable.

*Looks around*

Nice place you've put together Jed. Very-shiny.
I like the new sandwich bar too :)

I'll leave the Cadbury eggs for others and just make myself a bacon, lettuce, bacon, tomato, bacon sandwich.

Cheers!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do we still have those bacon swizzle sticks around somewhere?

Nice place, Jed. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if a bacon wrapped crème egg would taste good? It might be worth a try, just to see. Must order more bacon and crème eggs. This experiment might take some time.

Oh, and apologies for not getting to restarting the pub earlier, it's been a hectic few weeks at work, and very long days. Me is tired. :e2zzz:

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
*looks around* I like it. :D I'll have a decaf diet cola, please, and someone else can have my share of the creme eggs. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
*looks around* I like it. :D I'll have a decaf diet cola, please, and someone else can have my share of the creme eggs. :D

Welcome to the Pub, and to the watercooler. I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it. Will you want some ice in the glass, too?

And, am I the only one who loves crème eggs?

V.J. Allison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Welcome to the Pub, and to the watercooler. I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it. Will you want some ice in the glass, too?

Thanks, and yes, I'll have some ice cubes in the drink, please. If you don't have the decaf diet cola, just a regular diet cola will do. :)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
V.J. the Pub has *everything* -- well, except the aforementioned orange juice but even that can be made available under the right circumstances.

*cloaks this post from all dragon eyes just in case*

Finding your way around the forums okay? Just ask if you have questions, people like to answer questions. :D

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the new look Kylabelle! Is it a result of your new awesome powers as mod?

No, these are my own native powers, I just never had a good picture before now.

:D

and, thanks.

V.J. Allison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
V.J. the Pub has *everything* -- well, except the aforementioned orange juice but even that can be made available under the right circumstances.

*cloaks this post from all dragon eyes just in case*

Finding your way around the forums okay? Just ask if you have questions, people like to answer questions. :D

Thanks Kylabelle, and so far so good. :D It took me a couple of days to remember how to use a newer version of the software here, and I'm adjusted to it now. Everyone seems nice and I'm learning so much that some times I feel like I have "information overload". This place is great!

Thanks! So far, I'm finding all of the information I need to improve my skills at this early in my newest WIP, but when I have a question about something, I'll definitely ask. :)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Information overload. Does it ever go away? :D

Anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself.

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
I've never heard of decaf diet cola, but I'm sure we have it.
On this side of the puddle you'll find any manner of combinations. I'll hook you up with a supplier for the pub - it'll just cost you a few bacon bops :)

*pats Jed's shoulder*

There, there dear. I'm sure there are plenty of others who love Cadbury eggs.
I'm weird in that I'm not overly fond of creamy tasting things - and I have a tiny sweet tooth. *opens mouth and points to tiny tooth*

:welcome: VJ! There is lots to see around the water cooler. I've been here a year and a half, and I haven't checked out everything yet!

*tops off VJ's caffeine free diet coke*

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Pub people!

How's 2014 treating you?

Also, I heard about the chocolate

Gimme gimme gimme...

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles in, downs three Baileys*

Ah, much better.

*hugs bartop* I've missed you.

*glances around* Um. You too, Pubbers. Morning and all that. :hi:

Welcome to the Pub, V.J. :welcome:

Pay no attention to what you've just seen.

They're not bad. A little sweet for me, but not bad.

Nice renovation, Jed.

*starts restocking the Baileys and bacon*

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles in, downs three Baileys*

Ah, much better.

*hugs bartop* I've missed you.

:roll:

Jed said he is going to experiment with bacon wrapped Cadbury eggs. I was hoping you'd talk some sense into him, but I see that's not to be expected after all.

Helen St. James

Queen of Styrofoam Cups
Registered
Reaction score
Helen St. James isn't there, not in any perceptible way. A woman of her size - she's willing to admit she could lose a few pounds, but darn it, she likes how she looks - usually has no way of sneaking about, but one minute Helen is not there, and the next she is. She takes a seat at the bar and waves down the bartender.

"Hey there, sugar," she says. "Javameister, please and thank you. And a couple of those famous creme eggs."

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Jed said he is going to experiment with bacon wrapped Cadbury eggs. I was hoping you'd talk some sense into him, but I see that's not to be expected after all.

I will definitely talk to Jed about that. I asked him for some Baileys-dipped, bacon-wrapped Cadbury eggs.

*grumbles*

Helen St. James isn't there, not in any perceptible way.

"Hey there, sugar," she says. "Javameister, please and thank you. And a couple of those famous creme eggs."
Hello and welcome to the Pub, Helen. :welcome:

*slides over a Javameister and a bowl of regular Cadbury eggs* (Sorry, we haven't perfected the bacon-wrapped version just yet)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will definitely talk to Jed about that. I asked him for some Baileys-dipped, bacon-wrapped Cadbury eggs.

*grumbles*

Well, heck, Lance, you could dip your own, y'know. Here, I'll show you how, soon as we get the first bacon wraps. Why don't you go ahead and set us up with a few Baileys in advance, so we'll be ready. :D

:e2drunk:

:hi: Howdy, Helen, that's the thing about this Pub. We appear and disappear a lot. Sounds like you have the moves down already.

Also, FYI, time gets funny in here too. So don't expect it to run like it does outside. But you've probably already noticed that too.

:)

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
How's 2014 treating you?
Hiya back Sheena! 2014...well now that the new pub's open, it's treating me just fine. You?

Welcome :hi: to the pub Helen SJ! I'm glad to see the LY's already taken care of you. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bartender in these here parts.

And that time thing Kylabelle mentioned...yeah, it can be like a time vortex sometimes.

LY!
*Runs up and hugs him*

I've missed my pub friends :)

Hmm, if you try wrapping a mini-Cadbury egg in a large slice of bacon - I'd go for that!

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Well, heck, Lance, you could dip your own, y'know. Here, I'll show you how, soon as we get the first bacon wraps.
*takes notes*

Why don't you go ahead and set us up with a few Baileys in advance, so we'll be ready. :D
*slides over a Baileys* And of course, I'll share one with you.

:e2drunk:

LY!
*Runs up and hugs him*

I've missed my pub friends :)
Missed you too, Nekko. :Hug2:

Hmm, if you try wrapping a mini-Cadbury egg in a large slice of bacon - I'd go for that!
I'm still taking notes from Kyla. It's starting to feel like more work than I thought it would be.

Hiya Pub people!

How's 2014 treating you?

Gimme gimme gimme...
Hello, Sheena. 2014 has been interesting so far. How about you?

*leaves another bowl of Cadbury eggs out*

Sheena.Wyrd

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Sheena. 2014 has been interesting so far. How about you?

*leaves another bowl of Cadbury eggs out*

Sadly, 2014 and I were off to a feuding start.

*Hoards the yummy Cadbury eggs*

It's getting better though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.