• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Samhain Publishing

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
harrietschultz.blogspot.com
Oh, my. A big chunk of June/July posts disappeared from this thread including mine. I subbed my 98,000 words to Samhain in early July and judging by the posts here it will be a long time before they respond. Do they always...eventually?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
If it's any help at all, I subbed to them back in February and received a response just a couple of days shy of the 16 week mark. So they do eventually respond, but it can take the full amount of time they list. Good luck! :)

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the info. I'm happy to wait for a response which shows that the work has, at least, been considered. Way better than agent Denise Little who requested many, many fulls, including mine, last September and then never responded (see thread on Ethan Ellenberg forum) leaving many to wonder if their manuscripts were ever read.

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Just sent my ParaRom off to them today! Settling back with a cup of tea for the wait. Do they give personal responses? I enjoyed the thrill of pressing the send button, haven't done that in a while in regards to that particular MS!!

amrose

is Envy Augustine
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My R was a form, but a very nice one.

melodyclark

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
16 weeks???? I know they're worth the wait but, yeesh. I'm only at week ten with a sub to both Samhain and Carina. I had hopes Samhain would get back to me at least before Carina. Another month and a half. *whine, whine,whine*

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
For those keeping track, I subbed on 6/19 and they rejected me on 8/29, so about 10 weeks. Form response.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I subbed at the beginning of March and chased it last week as I hadn't heard anything. Turned out they sent a rejection in April but I never got it.

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sorry to hear about all the Rs, but at least they responded. My full was sent 7/12 so I guess I've still got a while to wait. If they say "no," my plan is to self-publish an ebook on Amazon for the Kindle. Cover art is ready and I'm almost finished with my final proofing. Why is it that each time I read the ms. I find things to tweak? Does everyone?

melodyclark

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Harriet47, I don't know anyone who doesn't find stuff to tweak, even after the ms has gone to press. There is the theory you can tweak too much.

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
I heard back today and got a rejection. But Don stressed that it was a very close call and that he'd love to see more of my writing.

I'm disappointed but not too bummed. It was such an encouraging rejection that I find it hard to be upset.

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So sorry about the R, October, but it's great that they want to see more of your work. How long did they have your manuscript before the decision landed in your inbox?

Haunted_October

Ready to kick the WIP's butt!
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry about the R, October, but it's great that they want to see more of your work. How long did they have your manuscript before the decision landed in your inbox?

I submitted in early July, and the reply came Sept. 30. So it was a couple of months, but not as long as some have been waiting.

MDRoberg

Crimson Eleven Delight Petrichor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mdr-writes.livejournal.com
About eleven weeks since I submitted, haven't heard anything yet. Actually forgot I submitted until a few minutes ago. Hasn't been too stressful, waiting. Heh.

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Fifteen weeks and finally a form rejection, addressed to someone who is not me!!! Makes you wonder if the manuscript was even read. Beyond frustrating after all this time.
E-pub here I come!