Last Movie You Watched...

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
The Secret of NIMH

The climax STILL makes me wiggly and desperate and weepy, even though I know how it all turns out.

It's rare a movie does that, especially after watching it a gazillion times.

maryrider

Dreamer. Believer. Overthinker.
Registered
Reaction score
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. I didn't care for it too much. A little too depressing, even for me.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Frankenweenie. A rather nice satire on the original granddaddy of all horror flicks. Voice acting is very good, and the stop-motion animation is a plus rather than a drawback.

B&W always looks better in a flick. Shadows'n'everything. Fun send-up and worth a looksee.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Cloud Atlas

It really tries to chew more than it can swallow. Individually, each story is alright and the message of how everything is connected is done magistrally but the connections between the stories and their pace is uneven and the actors' recycling really drives the message home when its done right and ends up undermining the drama when done wrong.

Kriegskanzler

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I watched was a re-rerun of Disney's Bolt on Fox Family Movies. Yeah, it's a really cool movie. :)

The last movie I watched in a theater? Not sure... Can't remember if it was Les Mis or Hanzel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. Both films are good, nonetheless.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Crazy, Stupid, Love. Very cute movie. Steve Carell does awkward so well. Had some great LOL moments.

Linds

Can't Touch This, Stop, Query Time!
Registered
Reaction score
Warm Bodies. Overall it kept pretty close to the novel. Though I do think the concept worked better in the book seeing it through R's narration. They do play that up in the movie, but it gets a bit lost in the second half.

On the plus side, it's the first zombie movie I could watch without freaking out. Mainly because they weren't very zombie like.

AdrianLynn

I haunt QLH
Registered
Reaction score
American Outlaws. A lot more enjoyable then I thought it was going to be!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Last three movies I watched:

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Crazy, Stupid, Love
P.S. I Love You

I liked all of these and found them each to be pretty entertaining. The last one made me bawl like an idiot through most of it; it also made me really want to go to Ireland. :D

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Battleship.

Please don't get me started.:D

Watched Skyfall and enjoyed the heck out of it. Nicely done in all aspects. Sean Connery is still the best Bond ever (IMO) but Craig does an excellent job in this, and Javier Bardem is also excellent.

Hotel Transylvania made me laugh along with my kids. The voice acting was very, very good, and although I'm not a Sandler fan (except for Waterboy and Happy Gilmore) he did his job well in this flick. Not the greatest animated movie ever made, but fun.

clee984

Bearded and serious
Registered
Reaction score
Cloud Atlas

It really tries to chew more than it can swallow. Individually, each story is alright and the message of how everything is connected is done magistrally but the connections between the stories and their pace is uneven and the actors' recycling really drives the message home when its done right and ends up undermining the drama when done wrong.

I read that book back in about 2004, thought it was quite good if a teeny bit contrived, I'm a little hesitant about watching the movie, to see how they've done it.

dchisholm125

can jump higher than you
Registered
Reaction score
GLADIATOR

Great movie, awesome story, but so historically inaccurate.

It's my favorite movie of all time so I don't get bothered by it =P

Battyvamp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Skyfall and Sinister

Both fairly well....Sinister didn't really scare me though, had a couple points that I mildly jumped. Hard to find a movie that can scare me outta my pants these days. >.<

For a Bond movie Skyfall was good. I am not a Bond fan at all, but Daniel Craig makes him bearable lol. :D