Bethany Walkers/Anfal Khaliq, serial plagiarist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
If she's really planning to go to med school, she should wipe every trace of this off the internet--admission offices are increasingly Googling applicants. This Kaplan survey says 32% of the med school admissions officers they surveyed have checked out applicants online, and of the ones that have, 42% have found something that negatively affected the applicant's chance of getting in. I can't imagine they'd be impressed by plagiarism.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
If she's really planning to go to med school, she should wipe every trace of this off the internet--admission offices are increasingly Googling applicants.

Marlys, exactly the same thing had crossed my mind. I think the best thing for her to do would be to remove ALL her books from the internet and, if she's seriously interested in writing, educate herself about plagiarism and copyright infringement before starting from scratch under a different name. Once a person has been found guilty of plagiarism everything else they've written is tainted by association.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Some time ago I pointed out to Goodreads that the page for 'Bethany Walker's' Show No Mercy still quoted plagiarized material. They've just replied:

We have looked into the book's publication history, and given our findings, we have removed these quotes from the Goodreads system. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Fortunately the quotes can still be enjoyed on this thread in all their shameless glory, and both Adele and Robert Smith can rest assured that no-one will think Bethany/Anfal wrote the lyrics of Lovesong.

Status
Not open for further replies.