Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! She may be my FAVORITE of my characters.

She once jumped on a desk in Geography class and started reciting, "Come, you spirits, that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here, and fill me from the crown to the toe top-full of direst cruelty."

Reactions of her classmates at the time:

Veronika: Please don't, she's scary enough as is.
Rachel: I am never giving her sugar again.
Veronika: You do know that this is Geography, right? In French?
Danielle: Come to my woman's breasts, and take my milk for gall!
Veronika: This isn't biology, either.
Rachel: What breasts? Your bra is padded.
Danielle: *points to Rachel* Out, damn spot!

Danielle has aspirations of one day playing Lady Macbeth.

ETA: She is a bit of a loon sometimes. But has ridiculously good coping skills and is highly competent.

ETA2: Rachel's her cousin in this. XD

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys.

So the latest issue of my magazine arrived today. In it was an article about notebooks. It made a good point about keeping them organised.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
my notebook, school or writing wise are never organized. hahahaha! I dont even write on the left hand pages so i can scribble, doodle, and make random insane notes.

hell 9 times out of 10 you'll randomally find like 25-50 pages scattered inside where i'm either writing or plotting a completely different book! Its not till you hear the MC's name when you like "Wait... what the hell is this for?"

yes I've confused myself before but not for very long usually i start reading and end up hysterically laughing at how random my train of thought is. sometimes my notebooks turns into Journal entries randomly. I'll start off writing a plot or scene then end up "And that's how i felt today" then look back and realize just how tired i was and how much coffee i probably need to stay focused.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's not that. It's trying to find things that are the problem.

Still cannot find a live word tracker for Open Office. Gah.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Dont even know what that is honestly.

hehehe just wanted to share how insane my notebooks are! And there full of funny smiley faces. Half the time because I usually end up really tired from writing things out by hand I'll have something like "And Laura ends up :( " HAHAHAHAH!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I write that stuff all the time! No one can understand my story notes 'cause they're practically coded.

I'm looking at unis to motivate myself to do well in school after getting a C- in Math and Science. My top choice is Columbia in NYC, but I'm also leaning toward University of Chicago.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
C- is not too bad.

Also: SOPHIE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT DOCTOR WHO?? SHE FAILS. XD

I haven't developed codes yet. XD

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
dont get me started on codes. Seth's Code is still implemented throughout all my notebooks! Its an actual screwed up and wacky code i created years ago for my third book and still often write in, more now just for shits and giggles. So random pages you'll just find pages of crazy symbols.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
She doesn't watch TV. Ever. Hence the reason she's got a two-year scholarship for the last two years of (Quebec) high school that comes to a total of $60,000.

C- is very, very bad for me, when you consider that it's entirely due to not handing stuff in and that when I do my work, my average is like 92%.

I just procrastinate too much.

GUYS WHEN I'M ON TOO MUCH TELL ME 'GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK'.

ETA: I once plotted an entire novel in ancient Nordic runes (Viking). This is why my friends think I need to major in some sort of language program.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, okay. It's not good... FOR YOU.

In my GCSEs, I got five Cs, two Bs and one D. Most of the papers I did were foundation, so C was the highest I could get. The Bs were in English Lit. and Sociology. The D was in one of my Sciences. I wasn't surprised by that, to be honest.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahah relax, you can watch TV. I have always watched a ton of TV and I got into the national honors society, a special program where i got to take actual college classes while in HS, and a 4 year academic scholarship to my university, all while watching plenty of TV!

Although back then i didnt know of AW... although i still wrote alot. Personally i feel TV is not the enemy! In my case fear and procrastination is... and sleep... when i really dont feel like doing something i'm like "hey let me take a nap" 5 hours later i wake up still tired and work still doesnt get done heheheh!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck on how to continue my short story... so I'm looking at a GORGEOUS picture of Logan Lerman.

Slap me.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
*SLAP*

Stop it!

I'm very giggly today... I guess its all the cold meds I'm taking that's finally kicking in!!! YAY!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
percy6.gif

I'm sorry but... :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
He's so my Max.

Which now brings along the question why does my character not end up with Max... oh yeah Rob's still hotter. Now i suddenly feel like a creeper, considering i'm probably much older then that actor.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
No, don't worry, Ally, I do watch TV! It's my character who doesn't. She's an excellent soccer player and does a martial art I haven't decided on yet as well, and she can prioritize her time, unlike yours truly. And she sleeps.

I am extremely good at school when I actually do the work. It's not really a reflection of a person's intelligence but rather a person's type of intelligence, and my type is very good at school. Usually.

I'm bad at math and science because I am not a natural, but I can get good marks if I try, if that makes sense. I know how to work the system.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Why haven't I downloaded this on iTunes yet? Best song ever. (Ally, you will recognize this for sure)

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!

"Since the dawn of man" is really not that long,
As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song.
A fraction of a second and the elements were made.
The bipeds stood up straight,
The dinosaurs all met their fate,
They tried to leap but they were late
And they all died (they froze their asses off)
The oceans and pangea
See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya
Set in motion by the same big bang!

It all started with the big BANG!

It's expanding ever outward but one day
It will cause the stars to go the other way,
Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it wont be hurt
Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!

Australopithecus would really have been sick of us
Debating out while here they're catching deer (we're catching viruses)
Religion or astronomy, Encarta, Deuteronomy
It all started with the big bang!

Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology
It all started with the big bang!
It all started with the big BANG!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
TBBT?

THIS IS A PEN.

Percy, don't diss the pen. It will save your life. :D

ETA: Logan Lerman is 20. It was his birthday in January. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well at least your not as bad as my Ex. He was practically a genius, didn't even need to study to ace a test. But he didn't go to class and was so damn lazy that he didn't hand in any work at all and therefore even though his tests were all in the A range he didn't go to labs or hand in assignments so he got D's and F's that resulted in him getting kicked out of our university his second year.

It drove me insane though. Absolutely insane, because for example we were in the same Gen Chem II class. I studied for our second exam for a week, intensely. He studied for ONE HOUR before the exam. I got a 64 he got a 97. yet we both ended up with a C+ as our final grade because he barely handed in any work, meanwhile i even did freaking extra credit!!! TELL ME HOW THAT IS FAIR!?

Then in the next year we were in a stupid class together about Hitchcock movies. First off I watched all the movies, he watched none. Second I kept up with my journal, he wrote half of one the night before we handed it in at the end of the semester. Third, I did all the papers for the class, he didnt even hand in a whole one. I got a B he got a C+ AGAIN HOW IS THAT FAIR!?!?!?!

What killed me most was if he only put in an ounce of effort he would have gotten straight A's

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Why haven't I downloaded this on iTunes yet? Best song ever. (Ally, you will recognize this for sure)

Its my ringtone!

And Good since he is only a year and a half younger then me i dont feel so creepy anymore.