Status
Not open for further replies.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
@justbishop--dvd only. :( But i'm signed up for the 2 dvd plan, so we can keep them on rotation. It just became available and are at top at the top of my queue. It doesn't even say long wait!! I might have to return the two unwatched movies I have and get them :D

Ah, crapcakes :(

S'ok, though. We've still yet to tackle season 3, which we borrowed from a friend who will most likely buy season 4 as well.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
That Fabrege commercial is hysterical. Look at Heather Locklear wanting hair like Farrah.

Dexter is our favorite show too. It is going to kill us not having cable when the new season starts this summer.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
I'm being a secret 12 year old and watching some Disney Channel movie about a geek filming the most popular girl at school. A girl who stopped by our local indie bookstore said she wanted to read the book but couldn't remember the name (Geek something...) and now I realize it is this movie (based on the book) - Geek Charming :)

I just watched that movie with the kids a couple weeks ago. Of course, I watched it in German, which probably wasn't as funny. The popular girl in it is the girl from Modern Family. It was actually a pretty decent movie.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lisa! *waves*

I'm devastated. I just found out I'll Have Another won't be running in the Belmont tomorrow. There go Triple Crown hopes for yet another year. He probably won't be racing ever again, either. So sad!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Lisa! *waves*

I'm devastated. I just found out I'll Have Another won't be running in the Belmont tomorrow. There go Triple Crown hopes for yet another year. He probably won't be racing ever again, either. So sad!

Wait, what??? I thought I just heard on the news the morning that he was racing??? This is the horse/jocky that would have won the first triple crown in like a bazillion years, right? What happened?

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Horse racing. The "Triple Crown" consists of three separate races, the Preakness, the Belmont, and the Kentucky Derby. The last horse to sweep all three in the same year was in the late seventies, and the horse they are talking about won the first two this year and just dropped out of the third, which is coming up.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Oops, guess I should have explained myself a little better, haha.

The three triple crown races are really the only sporting event I get excited about aside from college football (I'm southern:Shrug: college football is almost another religion down here).

My dream until my senior year of college was to be a veterinarian for race horses. Organic chemistry put the kibosh on that, though. So now I just watch the races.

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
I actually have no idea how to continue this scene.

Generally, whenever you can't continue a scene, something unthinkable happens (in your WIP):

a) Someone dies, and no you're not named in the will;
b) your LI reveals he's gay;
c) the antagonist divulge she's a lesbian and is in love with you, and she ain't taking no as an answer;
c) your puppy is actually an alien with unstoppable power and is destined to save the universe from an evil black hole, and he ain't leaving you.

And sorry about "I'll Have Another." But this ain't the end of the world. I hope his son "I'm Gonna Have Another Bite" will finish the unfinished family business.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Generally, whenever you can't continue a scene, something unthinkable happens (in your WIP):

a) Someone dies, and no you're not named in the will;
b) your LI reveals he's gay;
c) the antagonist divulge she's a lesbian and is in love with you, and she ain't taking no as an answer;
c) your puppy is actually an alien with unstoppable power and is destined to save the universe from an evil black hole, and he ain't leaving you.

And sorry about "I'll Have Another." But this ain't the end of the world. I hope his son "I'm Gonna Have Another Bite" will finish the unfinished family business.

Oooh, I vote for the second "c"! ;)

And after a long day of Mommying at the mall, it is time for me to go to a childless friend's house for knitting and a movie!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Nice, PD! I think I got about 47 words down today :D Whatevs. 47 is still better than none ;)

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Woohoo for 3k in one day! I'm embarking on round 2 of betas, this time a bunch of non-writer readers, so I'm refraining from doing any more tinkering. But, I can't start writing anything else until I have this one out of my head. Ugh.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Long day of Saturday outdoor market, picnic in the park, and walking around downtown Greenville. Putting the kid to bed early because she skipped nap yet again, and thinking it's time for wine on the deck as the fireflies start to come out!

ETA: oh, and turtle cake. I have turtle cake :D

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
OMG wine and fireflies. I think I might be crushin' on ya. (Jk, jk). Sounds like a fab/relaxing evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.