Favourite YA Book Covers!!?

Katyvenom

New Author, Enjoying Every Minute
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katyvenom.com
I have a serious love for book covers! AND I KNOW don't judge a book by its cover! :) BUT I have seen some gorgeous book covers that really are inviting!

What are YOUR favourite book covers???????

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I have so many recent favourites. I'm kind of a typography-whore myself, so I spend quite a lot of time looking at covers trying to decide what font they used. Don't judge me.

Anyway, here are some of my recent loves:

23110163.jpg

25006582.jpg

21900138.jpg

18478539.jpg

20821306.jpg

BelleCeline

Registered
Reaction score
ooh, yay! while I think this topic exists somewhere (possibly outside of the YA realm) I will play along! I like these simplistic, moody ones. They make me wonder, and wondering leads me to read the excerpt on the back, and that leads me to open the book.
hush-hush-cover.jpg

fallen_book_cover.jpg

replacement.jpg

e045152c48c19ba98be92a97451356be.jpg

I guess that speaks to what genre I like as well. But I think the biggest thing for me with these covers is that they are real (staged) photos, not graphic design. So I need to know--why is that angel falling from the sky? Why is that girl dressed so elaborately but seem so sad? Why are there knives hanging over that baby carriage? Is that girl being weighted down by someone else, or pulling someone else to the surface?
I must say, I like that one for Dream Boy. Reminds me of the Insurgent cover.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I looooooove all of Lisa Mantchev's covers! I'm sort of having a hard time thinking of recent ones I've been head-over-heels for... I haven't had a real case of cover love in a long time.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the progression of the Hunger Games covers (I did a blog post on them). The Splintered series also has some beautiful covers on their own and as a unit. Pictures of the Stitching Snow cover really don't do it justice; I had to see it in person to fall in love. I still love the Summer Prince cover (although it recently got turned in on my bookshelves for space). Illusions of Fate is another one I love.

There are a bunch coming out this year that I have on my Goodreads list for "cover love."

And since I'm in here, just a reminder to make sure all images follow AW's guidelines. 400x400 is the max size.

Katyvenom

New Author, Enjoying Every Minute
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katyvenom.com
Amazing suggestions! I'm actually discovering new books to read! I love to see what everyone likes in a book cover, helps with the future ;)

Last edited:

The_Ink_Goddess

we're gonna make it out of the fire
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE the one for The Replacement. The progression of the Mara Dyers are also among the best.

i'm definitely missing my favourites, because none of these are really 'grabbing' me, per se, but...

I'm also very bad with links, but I love the covers to Bethany Griffin's The Fall, Hannah Moskowitz's A History of Glitter and Blood, and Ainslie Hogarth's The Boy Meets Girl Massacre (Annotated) right about now.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh. The covers for Hush, Hush and Six of Crows are AMAZING :O

I don't totally judge books by their covers, but a good cover does make me go investigate on GoodReads immediately ...

stephcamp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Love this thread!

A few of my recent favs (that I can't get to post correctly as pics!) :) are:
Steering the Stars (Doughton/Cope);
Other Broken Things (C. Desir); and
The Walls Around Us (Nova Ren Suma)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the cover for Dualed by Elsie Chapman so much I looked up the artist - Michael Heath. I can honestly say it's the only book, YA or otherwise, I've done that for. To me, it's essentially the perfect book cover.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I love the cover for Dualed by Elsie Chapman so much I looked up the artist - Michael Heath. I can honestly say it's the only book, YA or otherwise, I've done that for. To me, it's essentially the perfect book cover.

So interesting how subjective this stuff is -- that cover does absolutely nothing for me :p

lenore_x

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laurenmhunter.com
I was just browsing the the new releases shelf in a bookstore and I thought of this thread. :D Here are a couple that made me go OOOOH:

kspjDux.png

PoXYP2H.png

Apparently I love artwork of palaces/cities?

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
The cover for Palace of Lies is fabulous as well. I really like the kind of line/abstract art covers, especially the watercolour ones. I'm pretty much garaunteed to be a fan of any cover that looks a bit like tattoo art.

thursdaymcgee

Registered
Reaction score
I love all the Leigh Bardugo covers! Also agree with The Luxe and the Lois Lane someone pasted above. The Hunger Games series is great, as is Marie Lu's Legend series; I love the covers for Divergent and The Selection Series (even if I didn't love the books).

I'm such a cover whore...Bad covers are an instant turn-off!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Bad covers on good books is why Kindles were invented ;)