Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
User CP -> Edit options

Under Thread Display options, there's a box to uncheck.

*is helpful*

*wonders if that can be done selectively*

Probably not, right? It's probably an all or naught proposition.

Hammer_time_by_CookiemagiK.gif

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
:) Oh there are more edits to come.

Right now I'm removing 369 'and thens' from another manuscript.

Heheheee...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the computer said there were between 3-5 each page.

I guess I have a love for 'and then' - LOL!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
pd put the thread to bed...sheesh you could've at least read it a story first.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
*wonders what story one would read a thread*

:hi: night missy nightflyer ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

I have an eye doctor appointment. My frames are dying and they're barely staying on my head. But they're--3-4 years old, so it's not surprising.

I lead such an exciting life. LOL!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hope the appointment goes well and you find some comfy and reasonable rims. Glasses are such a cost pain. :/

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Happy Friday everyone.

Just got text from my wife that her father is going in for surgery today. He fell in his apartment in Staten Island, before the hurricane. they didn't find him until 11-2. He was lying on the floor all that time.

I feel bad for him, but I'm conflicted because he is a loathsome human being. Loathsome being an understatement, human being stretching the point just a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel joy in his suffering. But my give a damn is pretty non existent for him. (And I'm not normally that way.) Still, he's my wifes father.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I don't suffer from the whole 'still, he/she is <insert family relationship>' thing. I've got one brother who could reasonably be described as loathsome, and I honestly couldn't care less if something happened to him. My mother didn't get invited to my wedding on account of her having spent the time leading up to it passive-aggressively expressing her disapproval of it.

I realise that probably makes me look like a pretty bad person to anyone who does suffer from the 'still, he/she is <insert family relationship>' thing, but let's be honest. There's plenty about me that screams 'bad person' anyway. :tongue

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Well, this man was violent, hurtful, a cheater, horrible things that would make a great villian. He recently said he's broken all of the 10 commandments. Think hard on that for a moment. He also once called my daughters test tube babies and not his grandchildren. Plus he beat the crap out of my wife, her sister and my MIL for years.

Now he's found God.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a right piece of crap, Vince, and in your position I would honestly not care whether he lived or died either. That not caring would just not come with that final caveat you put on there, though, about him being your wife's father. Which was what I was trying to get at with that last post.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually VERY happy with the new frames. The era of the postage-stamp sized lenses seems to be over--FINALLY--and I can finally get something that gives me a full range of corrected vision. Very happy.

And, even better, I got two pairs (regular and sun) for about $50 more than I paid for the pair I'm wearing now. Very happy. :D

I grok about those kinds of people, Vince. My one sister's first husband not only beat her, but attempted to run her and their newborn son over with his truck (turned off his lights to boot--and in front of witnesses!), attempted to smother the baby--a real piece of work. I had another ex-b-i-l (not the same sister) who, literally, pimped out my sister--she was a stripper and did "extra" on the side.

Personally, I'm a forgiving sort, but I'm not a forgetting sort. I can be polite, even outwardly nice, to people like that, for whatever reasons. But don't think I'll ever trust them again. Won't go that far.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Friday everyone.

Just got text from my wife that her father is going in for surgery today. He fell in his apartment in Staten Island, before the hurricane. they didn't find him until 11-2. ... But my give a damn is pretty non existent for him. (And I'm not normally that way.) Still, he's my wifes father.

There's one in every family. Four in mine [before the whole family excommunicated their butts - for lack of a better term].

Now whenever any of the cast-off are seen by family member back east it is referred to as a 'sighting', and I guess they take off and try to pretend like they weren't seen by the rest of the family.

Lol.

I'm glad I don't suffer from the whole 'still, he/she is <insert family relationship>' thing.
:tongue

Neither do I.

Villians are villians, no matter what the last name or title.

Well, this man was violent, hurtful, a cheater, horrible things ...

Now he's found God.

Uh-huh.

Yup that's pretty much all I have to say to that, that and I'm sorry for ya Vince :/

Sounds like a right piece of crap, Vince, and in your position I would honestly not care whether he lived or died either. That not caring would just not come with that final caveat you put on there, though, about him being your wife's father. Which was what I was trying to get at with that last post.

I wouldn't care except the ones out here on the west coast call from time to time [holidays and birthdays]. That is the hopeful-leech side of former family.

I spend more time than I care to getting off the phone :/

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't care except the ones out here on the west coast call from time to time [holidays and birthdays]. That is the hopeful-leech side of former family.

I spend more time than I care to getting off the phone :/

I move countries too much. People have a hard time keeping in touch with me unless I'm willing for them to keep in touch with me. Even in this age of Facebook and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.