Anyone Recommend a good Picture Book editor?

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I've just finished my first PB, and while I plan on submitting it to agents, I've never written a PB before. So, I thought it might be wise have it edited before querying.

Can anyone recommend a freelance good picture book editor?

Last edited:

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I searched old threads for about 30 minutes last night and found a recommendation by our late, great den mother: Judy. She recommended: http://www.shewrites.com/profile/SummerDawnLaurie

I'll write her, but would love anymore recommendations.

Regards,
Mike

UPDATE: Just to be clear, Judy isn't actually gone, as in gone from this world. She's just not active on the boards anymore.

Last edited:

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I have to suggest that you find a critique group, beta readers, and post in SYW before paying an editor. You want the most polished work possible before putting money into it. Here's why. If you still have beginner errors, the editor will help you fix them. That may introduce new errors or take your story to an intermediate level. Then you'll have to pay for another go round with editor. The more polished you are before you start, the better.

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I have to suggest that you find a critique group, beta readers, and post in SYW before paying an editor. You want the most polished work possible before putting money into it. Here's why. If you still have beginner errors, the editor will help you fix them. That may introduce new errors or take your story to an intermediate level. Then you'll have to pay for another go round with editor. The more polished you are before you start, the better.

I've never felt comfortable about putting an entire work in SYW. However, I could put the first few pages--just never thought of that before.

Thanks for the suggestion.