CONTESTS! POST LINKS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I can't get it to let me leave a comment. I've tried several times, different ways, nothing seems to work.

wheaties

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taradairman.com
Contest alert! The nonprofit org Girls Write Now, along with She
Writes, has launched a contest for the first 2,000 words of YA novels--finished or works in progress. Five winners get a
critique from agent Kirby Kim (William Morris Endeavor) and editors Michelle H. Nagler (Bloomsbury Children's Books), Lanie Davis (Alloy Entertainment), and Stacey Barney (Penguin/Putnam Books)

The deadline is December 15 and the cost of entry is $15, which
supports GWN's excellent mentorship program. I believe that you have to join She Writes to enter, but that's free.

http://www.shewrites.com/profiles/blogs/young-adult-novelists-the-contest-you-have-been-waiting-for

My ms is middle grade, so sadly I can't enter, but I wish lots of luck to those who do! Even if you don't win, you'll be supporting a wonderful program that pairs girls in underserved schools with professional writing mentors.

wheaties

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taradairman.com
MG/YA book giveaway

To celebrate my debut book deal (hooray!), I'm giving away a choice of books from my new publisher (Putnam) and fellow writers at my literary agency (Erin Murphy)!

http://taradairman.com/2012/04/25/choose-your-own-adventure-giveaway/

Putnam choices:
Deadweather and Sunrise by Geoff Rodkey
The Vindico by Wesley King
Legend by Marie Lu
The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine

Erin Murphy choices:
The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
We've Got a Job by Cynthia Levinson
One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

The contest is open until May 1 and international entries are welcome. Good luck!

Last edited:

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
The Greenhouse Funny Prize

(reposted from the YA section in case PB/MG writers miss it there)

***Open to unagented writers from UK/Ireland only***

Julia Churchill at The Greenhouse lit agency has just announced their "Funny Prize" for funny manuscripts (picture books through to YA). The winner will be offered representation.

Details here:

http://greenhouseliterary.com/index...enhouse_funny_prize_open_to_uk_irish_writers/

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score

Eldritch

Registered
Reaction score
In the graveyard, talking to the statues.
Hi, Sarah. :hi: (It's me, Jan)
I just wanted to chime in here and say, I met Sylvie at the Florida SCBWI conference, and she is super nice. She sat with us during lunch that Friday and spent most of her lunch time answering questions from all of us around the table.

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
The date of the Greenhouse Funny Prize comp shortlist has arrived... And now it's passed.

Anyone else enter? Am I alone in not receiving the shortlist?

Dave

monkeymum

Registered
Reaction score
The date of the Greenhouse Funny Prize comp shortlist has arrived... And now it's passed.

Anyone else enter? Am I alone in not receiving the shortlist?

Dave

I did enter, but it was very rushed. I just thought I'd have a go at writing something funny, so I don't have high hopes. Anyhow, I think I saw a Tweet or something from Julia Chrurchill saying the shortlist would be revealed on Wed 8th because they had 721 entries (another reason I don't have high hopes!)

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
Giveaway of signed copy of Behind the Bookcase (MG) on my blog this week!

Go behind the scenes in an interview with author Mark Steensland, and enter to win a signed copy of his spooky MG debut novel, Behind the Bookcase!

No hoops to jump through, no math to add up, and it's open internationally! All you have to do is comment.

http://angelicarjackson.blogspot.com/2012/10/explore-behind-bookcase-author.html

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This blog is having a contest for MG and PB writers. The PB spots have all filled up, but I think there are ten spots left for MG writers.

Note: It's a new blog and the agents are mystery agents, so normally I'd be a little iffy, but the one agent who's already been revealed is from a good agency, so I've entered and shared with you :)

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
September Mystery Agent Contest in full swing

Operation Awesome's September Mystery Agent Contest still has about 12 spots left! This month's agent is looking for MG, YA, and adult in

• Fantasy (all types, incl folk & fairy tale re-tellings and magical realism)
  • Adventure
  • Historical Fiction
  • Science Fiction
  • Romance (YA only)
  • Horror

(Dark comedy, original voices, and unique worlds a plus!) See the post for rules and formatting
http://operationawesome6.blogspot.c...howComment=1378059353826#c4714075596435661463

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FYI:

AW just created an off-AW contest subforum. For contests that are basically submissions (such as the Hot Key contest above), please post in that forum. Giveaways, or contests designed to compete for an agent's attention or crits can still go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.