Anyone going to the Writers Digest Conference in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLacy

Through dangers untold...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
I've noticed there are a few threads about writers conferences on here, but I haven't seen one specifically for the Writers Digest Conference yet. (if there is one, let me know) The 2013 Writers Digest Conference East is being held April 5-7 at the Sheraton Hotel in NYC and I wondered if anyone on the forums is planning on going.

I'm a YA writer/illustrator from Ohio and am shopping for an agent. I'm making plans and gathering the funds to go to this conference. If it all works out, it'll be my first writers con. I'd like to find some con buddies or travel buddies (meet at the airport, share a taxi kind of thing) since cons are so much better with a group.

DLacy

Through dangers untold...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
Is this the right forum to be asking this question on?

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Writer's Digest Conference

I tried to post this in the conferences section but it wouldn't let me. Is anyone going to the Writer's Digest conference in New York this weekend?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going, are you? I did just go online and look briefly at the speakers, and I see Chuck Wendig is listed; I subscribe to his blog and love it, he is one of those totally irreverent wild dudes. At least in print. :D

Anyway, if other AWers are going, hope you can meet up.

Years ago, I attended a poetry workshop led by the then poetry editor of WD. It was quite a different sort of event than this conference will no doubt be. It was on a farm, we slept in a barn, there were woodstoves to keep us warm. I remember little else except I made friends with the guy and some other folks and ended up later on with a magazine editing job as a result of the contacts. It was not much of a job by any standards but it surely was quite an adventure.

Sorry for the reminiscing ramble going off topic here. Have fun at the conference if you go!

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Yes I am going and was wondering if anyone else from AW was to say hello!

quicklime

all out of fucks to give
Banned
Reaction score
where is the AW conferences section?

edit: nevermind, found it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.