Reaction score
Rob is it supposed to look like this:

Gena_Skyler,wc,pc,days.png

At the front, delete everything between "..IMG]" and "http..." Then you get:
Gena_Skyler,wc,pc,days.png

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
It is 9:06 pm and I made it to 5,005 words for day one. I think I also lost my brain somewhere along the way. :e2thud:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the delete above. I was trying to see if I'd gotten my NaNo widget installed properly (I hadn't).

I didn't get as much written today as I'd hoped, but it was still more writing than I've done in the past week! So I'd say my first day as a NaNo participant was a success. :)

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
More than half-way through Saturday here and so far I'm on target. Now, if I can stay on target for another 28 days, everything will be fine. *mops flop sweat from brow*

SportsScribe

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
3,726 words for Day 1. Not bad for an Old SportsScribe if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

Insomnicole

Registered
Reaction score
Rob, thanks for the how-to on adding the widget to a signature.

Anyhow, I had an unexpectedly productive first day of NaNo. It helped that I spent a good bit of that time alluding to things that happened in the previous two novels in this trilogy, but at least I'm writing. Good luck, everyone!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I managed another 1,858 before midnight bringing my day one total to 6,855 words. (It's 12:18 am right now.)

I haven't written that much in one day in years. :sleepy:

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
5500 for the night and I'm going to bed a happy, happy writer. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
After last year's terrible failure, I was scared of trying again :( And yesterday it seemed like I wrote for hours and hours... only to realize I had only 400 words. But I pushed and I struggled and, though it was hard and horrible, I managed 1667 words. I hope the rest of the month will be easier, but I may have to brace myself for another loss...

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
After last year's terrible failure, I was scared of trying again :( And yesterday it seemed like I wrote for hours and hours... only to realize I had only 400 words. But I pushed and I struggled and, though it was hard and horrible, I managed 1667 words. I hope the rest of the month will be easier, but I may have to brace myself for another loss...

Hey you pushed past it - you already have 1667 words you wouldn't have if not for Nano - that's not a loss in my books.

Give yourself permission to suck and carry on. Some days will be better than others, but it's a new day and new words are waiting. :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Hey you pushed past it - you already have 1667 words you wouldn't have if not for Nano - that's not a loss in my books.

Give yourself permission to suck and carry on. Some days will be better than others, but it's a new day and new words are waiting. :)

Thanks for the encouragement!

I have been getting down because, after 4 years of basically having NaNo in the bag (I remember one year I managed 200k words or some madness like that) I seem to have lost my ability to write as much as I used to. I'm trying to power through this, but the insecurity I've been building up since last year is pretty daunting. I will do my best, though :)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I love weekends and fresh ideas! Just under 7000 words today, bringing me to 10,648 for NaNo so far.

I've got a week of traveling and conferences to do, which is good because boring bus rides and boring conferences give me lots of time to incubate ideas, but boring bus rides and boring conferences don't let me write them down!

Keep up the good work all of you! This is my third or fourth attempt at a full NaNo of 50k, and this is the farthest I've ever gotten with it.

BDavidHughes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bdavidhughes.com
Well, for the first time ever...I'm in. Didn't actually get started until today, but I'm typing this on a break...over 1800 words in the last two hours. I plan to be at 5k at least before I'm done today.

I had somewhat of an outline done in advance, but I'm pretty much writing into the dark on this one. Should be interesting.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2K written today...and the story is floundering like Dory. :( Gawd I hate Nano. *cry*