• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Hopewell Publications, LLC / Eric Hoffer Award / US Review of Books

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
No one ever hid this fact. It's not a crime. And you don't know what you are talking about to boot.

Mr. Martin:

You have sneered at two respected members of this community, members whose credentials I know and can verify.

Yours, on the other hand, are somewhat less obvious, aside from the ease of verifying that your companies have engaged in spamming.

You have impugned a moderator's ability to moderate—yet you yourself are incapable of distinguishing a forum (though the word occurs on every single forum page) from a blog.

You have violated the basic tenet of AW expressed in The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write and you have successfully abused the English language by repeatedly using words whose meanings you do not comprehend.

No one has asserted that yours is a vanity press. You do charge a fee for entry to the Hoffer Award competition. You do not disclose the judges. You have spammed people—and offered your mailing list for sale. These are not actions that place you or your endeavors in a positive light. Nor does your attempt to sneer at or browbeat members of AW.

You are not doing yourself or your various publishing endeavors any favors.

In short, you will cultivate a modicum of civility or you will cease posting until you can comport yourself in a rational and courteous manner.

Do I make myself clear?

E. Martin

Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Martin:

You have sneered at two respected members of this community, members whose credentials I know and can verify.

Yours, on the other hand, are somewhat less obvious, aside from the ease of verifying that your companies have engaged in spamming.

You have impugned a moderator's ability to moderate—yet you yourself are incapable of distinguishing a forum (though the word occurs on every single forum page) from a blog.

You have violated the basic tenet of AW expressed in The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write and you have successfully abused the English language by repeatedly using words whose meanings you do not comprehend.

No one has asserted that yours is a vanity press. You do charge a fee for entry to the Hoffer Award competition. You do not disclose the judges. You have spammed people—and offered your mailing list for sale. These are not actions that place you or your endeavors in a positive light. Nor does your attempt to sneer at or browbeat members of AW.

You are not doing yourself or your various publishing endeavors any favors.

In short, you will cultivate a modicum of civility or you will cease posting until you can comport yourself in a rational and courteous manner.

Do I make myself clear?

Wait a minute. I enter a blog that has been smearing me for years, and you threaten to kick me off when I defend myself?

Also you cannot defend a moderator who starts to hint at the content of "private messages" in public. You cannot be serious.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute. I enter a blog that has been smearing me for years, and you threaten to kick me off when I defend myself?

I see you're still suffering from comprehension problems.

You aren't defending yourself; you are in fact arguing that people are making assertions that they aren't in fact making, in between uttering absurd claims regarding slander.

I'm going to do you a favor. I'm going to lock this thread and suggest you attempt to think about the way you're presenting yourself to an audience of writers, agents, and editors.

ETA: Learn how to read the time and date posts while you're contemplating your egregious behavior. Whatever you may do now and in the future, in 2011 there was a fee associated with the Hoffer award.

Last edited: