The Bouncy Castle in Space

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I think blaming Sheila is a very good idea. :D

Wh-wh-what???

I love the new sharky!
I changed mine, but I miss it. I've got an otter now. You can't really tell, 'cause the pic is so small. But it's my son looking at an otter, who has popped up out of the ocean to look at him.

Congrats on your 1,000th post, heza! I hope your weekend isn't too stressful! Me, I'm going dragon hunting. Gonna shoot 'em with my water balloon gun. :guns:

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
It's super cute! Congrats on reaching 1000!

I have a 12 1/2 hour shift tomorrow...it's our grand "re-opening" after our little Canadian tea company was bought by a big American one in June. I'm excited to get to show off all our awesome new tea and merchandise, but I've already put in a long week and I'm exhausted. And I don't get a day off until Tuesday. It's only eight o'clock and I think I'm ready for bed!!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sign me up for exhausted too! Being sick is kicking my butt still. Also my mother in law is coming in to town for the weekend, tonight, and i have a big old assignment due on monday morning (California TPA Task 1 if anyone knows what that is). My brain can't seem to unfuzz enough to do anything more complex than read novels, one confusing page at a time.:e2thud:

Humorous story, warning, it's a bit gross: a student was asking me about eating yogurt out of her lunch bag because she had heard that dairy products shouldn't be eaten if they are out of the fridge too long. I said food kept a few hours in a lunch bag and then eaten right away was okay, but besides, yogurt is spoiled milk. She asked what I meant so I told her that yogurt was made by adding bacteria to milk to sour it.

I MAYBE shouldn't have said it while she was eating. I may have TOO strong of a stomach. She almost gagged. But I told her about how it was healthy bacteria, and how everyone has lots of healthy bacteria growing in them. It was terribly educational.

The teacher asked what I was doing, I said I was teaching the children how yogurt is made, and his response was, "Argh, not while they're eating!" Which I think is rich talk from a man who showed me a picture of his toddler's diaper-contents wall mural while I was eating. He may be bitter that I put him completely off of his lunch last week with a story of something that had just happened at school which I shall not share here. Hopefully we are not starting some sort of gross-out contest because I don't think it can end well :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
The little black thingy is an otter, yes. It actually looks really cute when I have it as my computer desktop. I'll try to take an interesting picture this weekend.

Spiral, good luck this weekend! A long shift after a long week - I hope your tea is caffeinated.

Kitty, what the heck is a "diaper-contents wall mural"???? 'Cause I can't imagine who would be that deranged. And there is something worse that you won't share? What is going on at that school?

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty, what the heck is a "diaper-contents wall mural"???? 'Cause I can't imagine who would be that deranged. And there is something worse that you won't share? What is going on at that school?

It's when a budding young Picasso wakes up from her nap and paints on the wall with the contents of her diaper. And then her dad takes a picture to gross out his friends with. The worse bit is boring, just your average gross little kid stuff I often deal with, all in a day's work you know...

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
He may be bitter that I put him completely off of his lunch last week with a story of something that had just happened at school which I shall not share here. Hopefully we are not starting some sort of gross-out contest because I don't think it can end well :D

Ha! Reminds me of George and Martha. "George told an icky story..."

Hope you get your energy back & feel better soon, Kitty.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Sign me up for exhausted too! Being sick is kicking my butt still. Also my mother in law is coming in to town for the weekend, tonight, and i have a big old assignment due on monday morning (California TPA Task 1 if anyone knows what that is). My brain can't seem to unfuzz enough to do anything more complex than read novels, one confusing page at a time.:e2thud:

Poor Kitty! Doesn't the world know you're sick?!

How rude.

I am a little disturbed by the young Picasso diaper-content mural. I'm going to go try not imagining that while I drink my coffee.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I NEED HELPPPPP!!!

Okay, I'm bouncing, but not for a good reason. I thought I had soap scum in my ear when I reached up and felt something weird in my outer ear. But a spider fell down onto my shirt.

I danced all around the living room trying to kill it or at least get if off me, and finally dislodged it. Picked it up with tweezers, still squirming around a bit, and it looks sort of like a brown recluse, but I don't really know if it is or not. I dropped it in a container and sealed it up for the exterminator, who's coming out Monday. You wouldn't think I'd have bugs with the amount of money I pay them to treat my house every four months.

So my question is, if the spider had actually bitten me, would I have felt it? I don't know if I've ever had a spider bite before. And the idea of my earlobe falling off doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

Thanks for anyone who might know something about this.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I NEED HELPPPPP!!!

Okay, I'm bouncing, but not for a good reason. I thought I had soap scum in my ear when I reached up and felt something weird in my outer ear. But a spider fell down onto my shirt.

I danced all around the living room trying to kill it or at least get if off me, and finally dislodged it. Picked it up with tweezers, still squirming around a bit, and it looks sort of like a brown recluse, but I don't really know if it is or not. I dropped it in a container and sealed it up for the exterminator, who's coming out Monday. You wouldn't think I'd have bugs with the amount of money I pay them to treat my house every four months.

So my question is, if the spider had actually bitten me, would I have felt it? I don't know if I've ever had a spider bite before. And the idea of my earlobe falling off doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

Eek! I'm going to try not to think too hard about your story because I will freak myself out. My personal experience: I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my leg when I was a wee third grader, and I didn't feel it. It started out like a mosquito bite, then like a large mosquito bite, then worse. Brown recluse has that violin shape on the back.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Kitty. sorry to give you the creeps.

It looks a lot like a brown recluse. I'm working myself into a state and I'm sure my ear will fall off before morning.

I don't understand why I have spiders in my house when I pay as much as I do to keep them out.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
*GASP* How horrifying! Sissybaby, I hope all is well. If your ear starts swelling up, promise me you'll call 911, 'cause I'm pretty sure most of us aren't qualified to give medical advice. Good luck, and keep us posted.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Ack! My medical facility has an advice nurse people can call when they are unsure what to do. With my boys, I've used it a lot. Just to get some peace of mind. They usually tell me what to look for, and what to do if certain things happen. I hope you can find something like that. I hope yours is just a case of imagining things are worse than they are. It might not have bitten you, right?

Let us know what happens.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I finally got up the nerve to take the lid off the container and examine it closely. Wasn't quite dead yet, but definitely a brown recluse.

My husband says there are no puncture points that he can see, but my ear is kind of red in one area.

Trouble is, I didn't feel a stick, but I felt something, because that's why I stuck my finger in my ear in the first place. I don't know how he got in my ear, so I don't know where he might have been before that.

All I know is my head itches and I'm imagining all kinds of symptoms. I'm such a wuss when it comes to bugs. I'd rather have snakes in my house than a dadgum creepy crawly.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Wh-wh-what???
:D
I changed mine, but I miss it. I've got an otter now. You can't really tell, 'cause the pic is so small. But it's my son looking at an otter, who has popped up out of the ocean to look at him.
Erm, is the otter the one on the right? :D

Me, I'm going dragon hunting. Gonna shoot 'em with my water balloon gun. :guns:
:eek: I need a chair. STAT. :chair:

I have a 12 1/2 hour shift tomorrow...it's our grand "re-opening" after our little Canadian tea company was bought by a big American one in June. I'm excited to get to show off all our awesome new tea and merchandise, but I've already put in a long week and I'm exhausted. And I don't get a day off until Tuesday. It's only eight o'clock and I think I'm ready for bed!!
Good luck and try to enjoy. :)

If begin to develop a spidey sense and can climb walls, then you may have been bitten. But remember. Don't seek help after being bitten by a deadly radioactive spider. Especially if you are in a lab with loads of deadly super deadly spiders. And especially if there is one of those spiders missing. And you get bitten. And don't tell a member of staff that you've been bitten in a lab full of deadly super deadly spiders. They wouldn't want to catch it and prevent it from biting anyone else. So, ignore the bite and go home. Then, if you start to feel sick and have a high fever, you should not seek medical advice. Especially if that sickness and high fever and shakes and muscle spasms happens to come a few hours after being bitten by a spider in a lab full of deadly super deadly spiders. Just let is pass. It's probably nothing.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jed. Actually, I'm feeling okay, but I have a strange craving for flies.

And the climbing the walls? My granddaughter is here and hasn't had a nap and her mother is ignoring her because she's at Grammy's house and it's my job to keep her out of things. So I need to climb really high soon or one of them is going to get the business end of my wooden spoon.

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I know when one of my kids was bitten in the night, it came up in a huge mark by morning. I mean, huge.

I have a friend who was bitten on the ear when driving her car, and flicked the spider out the window in a panic. She had a welt and felt bad by the next day.

So, if there's nothing now, I'd say you're fine.

Just traumatized for life, that's all. ;)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for asking, Kitty.

Nope. Seems like for once in my life I came out okay. Maybe he was slow and sick because of the "safe" chemicals we have sprayed around our house every three months. I'm still convinced that's why I can't keep a canary for more than a few months.

But last night my son and I were watching an old Elvis movie (he's such an Elvis geek) and another spider went scrambling across my leg. I danced clear to the dining room, so I lost him.

I'm wondering if maybe the story began weeks ago. Perhaps as I was sleeping one of them crawled into my ear and laid eggs. Now they're emerging, one at a time.

To keep with the creep, I started reading The Old Willis Place last night. I'm pretty sure I had it figured out by the second page, but I'm going to read it anyway.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Wow, sissy. I read through your posts with bated breath. I'm glad you didn't lose an ear!

I once had an ant crawl into my ear--it hurt, really hurt, like the scene in Star Trek II where they put larva in their ears (which, to this day I can't watch). I finally got it out with Q-tip inserted way farther than recommended.

Okay, not a nice story, but the point is I don't think it could have laid eggs, at least not very deep in your ear. Has anyone looked with a flashlight?

Besides, you've read Charlotte's Web, they all emerge at once ;-)

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AAAAARRRRGHHH MY ESSAY! Somebody come over and put me out of my misery please! Hopefully I can wrap this mess up in the next three hours:flag: I entirely blame my procrastination on my sickness :e2faint:

ETA: Done! Sanity--not intact.

Last edited:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike, for the commiserations. Bug man will be here very soon and hopefully get rid of the pests.

Kitty - Sorry about the angst. Congratulations on finishing it.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're done, Kitty.

Sissy.... *shudder*

There are a lot of things I don't like about Houston--the heat, the humidity, the never-ending traffic, and the long commutes... but I'll probably never leave here because it doesn't have fiddlebacks.

Growing up in a poorly sealed house in the wilds of Oklahoma, I had to check between my sheets for them before I went to bed. I freak out a little every time I have to go back for holidays. I much prefer black widows; they stay put for the most part, and you just have to watch where you put your fingers. Fiddlebacks are happy to crawl on your face at night.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Oh, except that I have a bounce!

I've been complaining about my laptop a lot lately. It takes twenty minutes to boot and almost that long to shut down. When it sleeps, it just completely locks up and has to be cold booted. It's so slow. It weighs a ton. And it's a huge cumbersome thing, with a battery life of 1.25 hours (if I'm lucky). It's useable as a stationary object, but it's completely shed any benefits of being portable.

I guess I've been complaining a little too much, lately--mostly about how I'd be better off during NaNo if I could write at the hospital (Dad's coming back for routine MRI and evals), and how it's difficult having to lug my laptop around from location to location (as such is my living situation at present)... So my boyfriend gave me my Christmas present early. It's a new tablet!

I'm so stoked. This is my first piece of new technology in five years. I don't even have a smart phone, so I've no idea how to use it... but I'm so excited about it! It fits in my purse, and it's so light and pretty. I've made a dozen shopping lists :)D) and wrote the first few paragraphs of my October prompt piece.

:Jump:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Growing up in a poorly sealed house in the wilds of Oklahoma, I had to check between my sheets for them before I went to bed. I freak out a little every time I have to go back for holidays. I much prefer black widows; they stay put for the most part, and you just have to watch where you put your fingers. Fiddlebacks are happy to crawl on your face at night.
:eek: You prefer black widows!!!

All spiders should all be hunted down and exterminated. Every single last one on the planet and the entire universe. Squashed and burned and battered and nuked is what those nasty little creepy crawlies should be.
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
Yeah, me neither. :scared:
So my boyfriend gave me my Christmas present early. It's a new tablet!
Are we talking asperin, paracetemol or ibroprofen?

I'm so stoked. This is my first piece of new technology in five years. I don't even have a smart phone, so I've no idea how to use it... but I'm so excited about it! It fits in my purse, and it's so light and pretty. I've made a dozen shopping lists :)D) and wrote the first few paragraphs of my October prompt piece.

:Jump:
:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: